1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. @NoelleTheAngel DiM recently closed up shop, so the chances of any of their dolls being re-released are really low.

2. @NoelleTheAngel , theres still a white skin FLowne Head in stock at DimDoll from their closing sales.

3. Really? They closed?! D: That's terrible!

Oh, that's good at least!! are there any non-dimdoll bodies that might work with it..?

4. @NoelleTheAngel DollZone and Doll Leaves are both popular hybriding options! I have both myself. I would recommend the DZ body more, but they are both good and DL is more budget-friendly.

5. Thanks for the tip! ^^ I'll look into those now~!

6. Flowne has been around for a long time and she was pretty popular, so you will probably be able to get one secondhand if you can't get her now.

That being said, Loongsoul and Doll Chateau are other popular options for hybrids. I love my girl's LS body. I am planning to get an Myou body for my other DIM head.

7. I've got Dollzone and Doll Chateau bodies for my DIM girls which I love (resin match is pretty good for normal and white skin) and am waiting on a Dream Valley boy body for my Annabeth

8. I recently bought a white flowne head from either site in white skin. I'm trying to find a nice body to match her.

9. My Larina head came in~ Decided the DZ 017 body I got for my unoa was too big, but it suits Larina nicely so she'll be keeping it.

[​IMG]

10. Hello! I saw that there was a half-closed eyes Larina in stock on the DIM website and snatched her up immediately. I sent the paypal payment early in the morning yesterday, but have not received any confirmation from DIM (Paypal has confirmed that the $70 payment was sent, but nothing from DIM). I waited all day yesterday anxiously, and now the Larina is out of stock again and of course I'm a little panicked because I haven't gotten a confirmation. How long did it take for DIM to email you all about your orders?

I'm so glad to see a dyed Larina- I'm planning to do the same thing and use liquid latex to do vitiligo. Your dye job looks really even, shes gorgeous!!

11. Sorry for the double post, but update-- i did get the confirmation!

12. @taichas thank you for my Larina. I',looking forward to seeing yours! ^_^

13. Of course, and I'm definitely excited to show all of you the final product!

14. She looks amazing on that body! I was thinking of getting one for mine but I opted for the Doll Leaves one instead. However I do love the lines of the DZ one. How do you like it?

15. I like it a lot~ Poses really nicely, and though I normally go for bigger hipped bodies I think the tall, slender look goes with her character and DiM's larger heads. I don't have a Doll Leaves body yet, but do have the 012 DZ body which from my understanding is very similar in size and aesthetics. Compared to the 012 this body is a bit taller and overall larger (wrists and ankles aren't as slim for example) so I'm hoping she'll go nicely with the Dream Valley body I've got on order for her partner. The only thing I wasn't overly fond of was her hands, they're lovely sculpts but the wrist just won't hold poses very well, so I swapped them over for DZ's old msd hands.

[​IMG]

16. Oh wow, I came home to such an unexpected surprise today! My half-closed eyes Larina arrived seven weeks early! They must have had her in stock when I ordered and had one ready to go :~) I love her so much.

She's actually a little smaller than I expected? She looks okay on my Unidoll tiny body :o Her body is on layaway though, a Loongsoul 42.5cm body.

[​IMG]

17. @sugarstitch she is ADORABLE!!! I love that whole look! <3 I also really like that body it looks like it poses nice!

Congrats @taichas that's SO AWESOME that you got her so early! She looks SO PRETTY and I'm hype for you that you don't have such a wait ahead of you. I've got a finished layway that I'll be going on month 7 for pretty soon here so I feel really sympathetically relieved for you that you don't have to wait! I think you actually beat me to the punch on thathead~! I was trying to order that very one the day before you but had MAJOR confusion and issues over the ordering process haha!

It worked out for the best though because I am trotting on in here to say that I ordered a DIM Larina Open Eye Ver from a second-hand seller on Insta and she is on her way! I had been going for the one on the DIM website because I liked Larina in general but my PREFERENCE was open-eyed ver so it felt like ~*fate*~ when ordering fell through on the website and I found the open eyed version not a few hours later!!! -excited wiggle-

Anyways, I am excited to be a Doll in Mind owner and I'm excited to see everyone's ideas for shaping their doll babies! <3

18. I feel really lucky! Right after I ordered, she was listed as sold out :o but I'm so glad you managed to get the one you really wanted from the instagram seller!! That's definitely fate.

I'm secretly hoping that one day I'll get an open-eye Larina and I'll be able to switch her faceplates whenever I want :XD:

19. @caiterprince Thanks so much~! The head was a bit of an impulse spend but I'm so glad I got her~ And congrats on everything working out with yours, that's so lucky~!

20. @taichas Right!!! Also that is SUCH a cool idea! One of my favorite doll people on Insta has a Larina that they do that with - it's such a lovely idea! I hope you get to do that~

@sugarstitch Thank you so much! <3 I really appreciate you!