1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. Looks like I'm not getting Bellosse as DIM read the persons' message wrong and reserved a half closed eyed head instead of the OE one that was in stock and now isn't. Bleh.

2. well dang, that's disappointing.

3. I just got the Luria head from DIM and it's really beautiful! I really hope they still make some sculpts available from time to time...

4. That'd be nice wouldn't it?

I'm anxious about Gayane, they said they needed 2 more orders nghh.
      Honestly, I would buy an extra one just to be sure to get her but I can't really justify THREE lol.

5. It would be nice, yes...

I don't think those orders (group orders?) are on the DIM site, right? I'm not on Instagram...

6. Yeah instagram and facebook. Supposedly DIM had actual stock as well, some of the stuff on their site isn't listed as out of stock but they didn't respond to email so I dunno man. It's wierd.

7. The Luria head I bought was from the DIM website... But there are not many options available there.

8. I was looking at the Flowne fantasy head sculpt from D.I.M. and thought she looked so cute! I really want to have it. But scrolling through the latest posts here I read that the shop is closing down? Bummer, I wanted to get a girl body from their website too to match the head but those are currently out of stock.

I did see a label on 'Happy Body Unassembled package [Happy New Girl Body]' that says 'available soon'. Will this be available again maybe?

Maybe I should I buy the head only? Do they fit a minifee body? Does their resin color match in any way? I couldn't find a good example of D.I.M. resin colors.

P.s. I am super new to the BJD hobby and looking to get my first doll

9. From what I understand, the heads don't fit the DIM bodies well anyway. The neck on the happy body is 8cm which is actually too large. Wierd huh?

And I believe minifees use a wierd head connector that can make hybrids a bit awkward.
      However, DIM fit Doll Leaves bodies very well, along with a lot of other bodies. I myself plan to put my incoming heads on a doll leaves boy body and a legend doll body because it's nice and curvy.

Apparently DIM normal resin is very pale but a very close match to Doll Leaves. Apparently.

10. Ooo can you update on how the legend doll hybrid goes? I'm thinking of getting a body from them for my flowne, as her current body just has a lot of little things i don't care for : (

11. DIM technically closed up shop during their last "official" sale this past year -- but having a "going out of business sale" is something that they have done over the past few years... However, as you can see, they seem to inconsistently restock products, depending on what they have hanging around. I would not anticipate a restock, but you can check back to see if they put their spare parts in their shop.

I have my DIM heads on Doll Chateau or Dollzone bodies. The "normal" match is good with DC/DZ "normal" pink skin. As for Minifee, I think some people have their heads on this body, but I never really got into Fairyland; it's really all a matter of personal preference. The proportions look fine, though.

12. I took a photo of my DIM Laia in an alpaca wig that I made. I love these pale blue eyes I purchased from DOLLines for her!

[​IMG]

13. My Miru is on a Loongsoul version 3 body in normal pink. It's about a 90% match. Not noticeable after a faceup. I also had to get a different hook for inside the head because the one that came from Loongsoul wouldn't fit through her neck hole, but other than that, she's a great hybrid.

[​IMG]
      Elena in her usual wig
      by Tea Rose Broadway, on Flickr

14. Hi, if anyone knows, is the DIM laia for MSD body size? Thanks a lot

15. Yes it is. My Laia (photo above) is on a Dollzone body.

16. Thank you! I saw a picture of DIM head on doll leaves msd and the head looked a bit big so just wanted to make sure. :)

17. @Guavaplant I do think DiM have super big heads for some reason! My Benetia is on a Doll Leaves body, and I have a DollZone to be her partner, but the head difference is ridiculous. The bodies are all the same kind of proportions (they are the ones where people worried DL had recasted DZ at first because they are so similar, but enough is different that it seems that isn't the case), but the heads are wildly different sizes. Benetia's head is the larger end of 7-8 inch, the DollZone is 6-7.

18. Doll Family-H Normal Pink apparently matches too. Also Magic Time Normal Pink is a match. I have a Flowne head on one of their bodies.

19. Yeah i've noticed there's a real inconsistancy in the head sizes. Annabeth and Gayanne seem to have a slightly larger head than Larina for example.

But given resinsoul also have MASSIVE heads I think it'll be okay for me. I'm planning to put Larina onto a legend doll body or something similar because I want curves and i'm suuuuper fussy about boobs (ahahahah)
      the other two I was thinking DL boy bodies but I think i'll want to test the proportions before I committ to buying bodies. As I had plans to buy a DL boy anyway I might do that and when the heads arrive test them.

Doll Family has some nice msd bodies but their neck sizes are all quite large 7.5-8cm. I was under the understanding that the DIM body has an 8cm neck and it's actually far too large for the heads.
      Given they apparently fit the doll leaves bodies like a glove, that'd suggest their neck size is closer to 6.5-7cm wouldn't it?
      Which is why I dismissed the rather nice Doll Family girl body, she has an 8cm neck and I can't be bothered with trying to mod stuff to fit. Especially as it's not that much different in price to other similar bodies with a narrower neck.

20. Im glad that there are people who have tried this before as I would not have realized the neck size difference. lol theres a lot of things to think about when doing hybrids