1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. Larina is so versatile! Every one I see with a custom faceup looks like a completely different person. Yours is great!

2. My Jullis arrived today! He's very cute. A quick try of him on the DollLeaves girl body confirmed to me that I want to buy a Charm Doll boy body for him, and I'm glad I waited to make doubly-sure. I just wasn't 100% on what I would be doing body-wise before.

The only problem is; now I have to wait until I can put in an order for that body and then wait to receive that body before I can even do anything. :XD:

3. Did my Flowne H’s faceup last night. Decided to name her Maisie.

[​IMG]

4. @dxgirly Such a sweetheart! love her hair And eye color <3

5. That's always the hard part, isn't it? I love Jullis, though; I really wanted one but ended up with an Ace instead. Maybe I'll add a Jullis someday.

Maisie is gorgeous! I love what you've done with her!

6. The body I ordered for my Larina head arrived today! It's the Loongsoul 42.5cm with small bust in normal pink :-) The resin match isn't great but I'll be dyeing her and blushing her so I'm not concerned. I was a little worried the neck wouldn't fit the head but it's a perfect match and she poses like a dream!!!
      [​IMG]

(Sorry for poor quality... I don't have the best phone camera haha)

7. @taichas Loongsoul is perfect! I’m a bit concerning about Spiritdoll normal st will match with DIM , so think to order this one too.
      Can you please show more of this lovely hybrid? :sorry

8. Oh jeez i dont know why the picture broke ;__; I'll be sure to send more pics (especially once i have the time to dye her and work on her!!) :-)

9. @taichas oh, thanks! Looking forward to see her soon :love

10. I'm still umming and ahhing about bodies lol.
      All the female bodies I really like are priceeeeey. But oh so pretty.

I'm also wondering if I want the two boys on the same body or to get some variation there too. Nghh.
      I torment myself.

11. Does anybody who owns a Benetia have any eye recommendations? I've started to get quite irritated with the eye wells on the open eyed head. The sleeping head is fine, but the open-eyed head seems to have the eyewells too far down for the actual eye, and nothing will sit in them well. She needs low dome round eyes, anything else produces even more gapping and they are the least worst.

I'm thinking of buying silicone eyes for her, but they're not cheap and my one experience of silicone eyes is that they are kind of cloudy. I'd prefer something with the clarity of glass. If anybody has a Benetia, please recommend eyes that can sit in those eyewells... well! :lol: (secretly I'm begging, I feel like I've been fighting with her eyes since the day I got her)

12. squishy eyes are all I can think of that might help tbh. Eugh. How annoying.

13. They make a tool for sanding eyewells, if that would help. My first doll had uneven eyewells and it was impossible to seat her eyes the same, so I got this tool and evened them out. I think they are made for porcelain dolls, so you might find them in that kind of store.

14. Not sure if anyone could help me here, but I'm in a bit of a dilema :?
      I'm trying to find a body that will fit my DIM Gayane but needs to be taller than my Narae.
      Anyone has any recommendations? I feel so confused because I've been searching for a good while so now, but keep not finding any pics of anything hahaha *_*
      Thank you!

15. What type of body are you looking for? Do you want something more mature-looking?

16. Honestly, as long as it doesn't have super slim shoulders, I'm open to different bodies. And would prefer with a smaller chest too :) but definitely want it to look like she is a teen/young adult and not a kid yes :)

17. I believe Gayanne and Larina have the same neck size and I find that the Loongsoul 42.5cm girl body is absolutely perfect. (I don't think the company pictures do it justice!) I got it with small bust and I think the shoulders aren't too slim? The body isn't super mature-looking but she's not childlike either, which I really like. So far I have no complaints, I really love it :-)

Please correct me if I'm wrong about their neck sizes, I'm pretty sure they're about the same but I'm not entirely positive and I'm in between errands right this second. :XD:

18. They probably have a very similar neck size yes haha my big problem would be the height of that body unfortunately. It says it's 42.5cm, and my Narae is 43cm so my Gayane would be too short, and I need her to be taller. That has been my main struggle haha