1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. Oh darn, I'm sorry :-( I forgot it needed to be taller than the Narae. I'll keep an eye out and if I see a nice body I'll let you know!

2. No worries! And thank you for helping! :)
      I've seen that the mystic kids girl body is 45cm with a head so maybe it could work. I was also debating on a peakswoods one, which is 44cm with head, but it's so hard to be certain either will work without actually seeing it *_*

3. Any body with a 6.5-7cm neck should fit shouldn't it? There are a few taller options out there, but it's more a resin match issue I think.
      Myou's bodies are about 44cm. impldoll's are 46 but they're a lot chunkier so until I have my heads in hand I can't test it.
      Spiritdoll's body is quite tall as well. Souldoll's bodies are tall too but I don't think their resin matches at all. Mystic Kids have a 44cm body and a 45cm. the 44 is a lot prettier imo. Aimarai has a 44cm body too.
      So there's a fair few that are 44-45cm BUT the big thing is gonna be resin matching more than anything else.

Hopefully my heads will get here soon and I can try them on various bodies I have here lol.

Resinsoul's newer bodies are about 44cm tall and the resin match is okay I believe. But they are quite kicky.

I have a short list of female bodies here for my Larina. I wanted something with a nice curved hip and natural looking breasts. So many dolls have these beachballs tacked on and I don't like it. It looks wierd. Like they're perpetually wearing a padded pushup bra.
      Thankfully with Larina I intend to dye her anyway so I don't have to worry about colour matching.

but i'm still agonising over Anabeth and Gayane's bodies. They're getting boy bodies, I know that much. I just haven't figured out WHICH boy bodies.

4. I'm not super worried with having a 100% resin match. Just need a quite tall body that she won't look too bobble head.
      I've seen a DIM hybrid with the Impldoll body and really didn't like it, and unfortunately the Spiritdoll one has such thin arms and small shoulders too.
      I would definitely prefer a 45cm because I want her head to look proportional and seem like she is a tall girl next to my Narae, because their heads have a size difference between them. DIM's one looks a bit too big next to my slim MSDs hence why I need to make her tall.

5. Well once my heads arrive i'll do a bunch of head swapping hah.

Mhhh.. would a model delf work?

6. Im open to anything as long as they don't only have a massive chest :XD: Thank you very much for the help!

7. hahah I know what you mean. I hate giant boobs, they don't squish so they just look uncomfortably heavy in clothes <_< hahaha.

8. So true haha I do have a fairyland Sia with giant boobs, but she is a mermaid and will have a bra so it fits, but I want Gayane to be more model ish in her body kinda. So tall and a bit lean.

9. Have you considered IMPLdoll? They have a 46cm body with 9cm shoulders. They also have a fashion doll body which is more mature but 46 cm. That one has some weird shoulder joints though, and you might need to check if it's on topic here.

10. I did yeah! But I think I saw a pic of a hybrid somewhere and for some reason the head seemed very bobble head like. But maybe I need to try and search again. Or maybe I saw it on the centaur body

11. Had to share the news - bought this lil nugget from @Sakura-Streifchen and I'm in love! I have big plans for her, my Larina and another doll as apart of a world together so I'm super pumped.

[​IMG]

12. She’s adorable I didn’t like this sculpt until I saw urs ^.^

13. Hard to say without seeing the doll compared to other dolls. Luria is a tall head with large features, even though she only wears a 6-7 wig. Maybe if you message the company, they can let you know what the shoulder measurement is.

14. I changed my mind I have a newer Larina head that matches dollzone pink but I have an older luria head that has yellowed and changed with time/ may have been more yellow then the newer ones to begin with. I wanna buy a dollzone or doll leaves body for luria but someone told me dollzone stopped making the yellow resin bodies even though Denver doll still has it available. I will attach a picture of my Larina vs my luria. If nothing else other body suggestions would be amazing ^_^ I would like something a bit curvier for luria if possible but resin match first. Left is Larina right is Luria. I do have the old happy body that luria came with but it’s far too tall for my other dolls.[​IMG]

15. I had trouble with DZ new swatches as well. They have a new tone called PEACH/White&Pink (粉白肌) but I confirmed with them and the tone PINK (粉肌) is the one that should match the older swatches.

[​IMG]

16. peach is, from what I understand, almost white just with a pink undertone instead of the usual creamyyellow undertone. It still pretty much looks WHITE in most lights.

17. As somebody who owned DZ peach resin, I don't think I'd agree with that; it's decidedly not white. It is light though, that's for sure. It's too saturated to match DiM though.

I can confirm that Doll Leaves Normal skin is basically a perfect match for DiM normal. That's the hybrid my Benetia is.
      I also own a pink skin Doll Chateau (DollZone) Alan head. It is close enough that a little blushing would bridge the gap, but is not an exact match, but I will mention that he's mellowed. You'd easily mistake him for normal yellow now.

Sorry I can't help with the yellow skin bodies. However, I will say that er, DZ and DC yellow exceptionally quickly compared to other companies, no matter how well you keep them. If you got a pink body, it would mellow out pretty fast, as my Alan has. He's now too mellow to match, but perhaps would match a yellowed DiM head.

18. So I have ordered the pink for my larina already and I’ll just order another but just to check will this tone also match the new Larina as well as the old luria?

19. Ooo ty I think if I order just 1 dz body in pink and one doll leaves in normal one of them will match luria and the other can go to Larina!!! Ty so much ^_^