1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. I think they have the same tones!

2. my heads are here!

I never realised DIM didn't bother to put any markings on their heads.

but yes, got my heads! ehehehe. Larina's face plate thingie is interesting, aside from hujoos i've never had a doll with a face plate instead of the standard cap so that'll be an interesting one.

Annabeth (I think?) needs a magnet reglued but otherwise they're dang awesome.

I need to confirm which one is which lol.

Now they need bodies. I'll do some head swapping later on for the fun of it.

3. My Larina and Laia heads will be shipping from Russia this week! So excited.

4. I am really bummed I missed out on Jullis, I just love his face but am at a loss with potential body match for him. This is my larina on dc body. I just love the combination and how delicate she looks when put together.

[​IMG]

5. @JessWilliamson I know they're not exactly the same, but blank, Jullis and Ace are almost indistinguishable from each other. The only significant difference is that Ace has more pronounced definition on the corners of his eyes. Even the slight change in his lips is extremely small. A face-up or even modding would make Ace identical.

If you were okay with that, DiM still have an Ace available on the site!

6. Does anyone know if you can switch faceplates between the two Larina heads without taking the base of the head off? I plan on using both the open eye and half closed eye heads for one character, and it'd be nice not to have to take her head off and switch them all the time.

7. I admit I was tempted by Ace or Julius but I decided to be GOOD. 3 heads was enough for now lol.

8. I don't have Larina, but on both of my DIM girls, the faceplate can be removed without removing the head. In fact, I'm always knocking it off while trying to adjust her wig.

9. What I meant was I was wondering if the two headplates fit on both Larina heads!! Like if I could use the sleepy Larina faceplate on the open eye Larina base. I definitely feel your pain though, my sleepy Larina's face falls right off when I fuss with her wig :shudderI'm terrified of it falling off outside and getting scratched.

10. The faceplates seem to match, but I'm not able to 100% confirm on fit because the magnets on my open eyed head and half closed head are reversed... It's very close, and it looks like it should work!

I really dislike the faceplate connection since the magnets seem to be weak. I have screamed on a few occasions when the faceplate fell off with zero provocation! I now use a thin strip of sticky tack to keep the faceplates on. Too many close calls with possibly chipping a faceup...

11. Yes Thank you I noticed Ace still there. I might have to consider it!

12. I managed to get Jullis second hand, and was aware of his faceplate system before I purchased, but what a flaw! If I received him new like this, I’d send him back. I’m currently working on it hoping I can fix it, and have seen other pictures with the same problem. Comparing to my Larina, hers is perfect.. hopefully it can be fixed![​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Not sure what going on with pictures but here’s links.
      AE13-A0-B1-F216-4120-B65-C-C1-CF3-EEEF414
      DD092-D30-0-E4-D-4-E24-B753-E0119-F2-E18-CE
      08-BBB2-B3-F2-EC-4595-AD43-FD5-F20-BD2-E20

13. @JessWilliamson Oh my goodness, wow. How did that even happen? Is that actually how some Jullis heads are casted? D: That’s pretty shocking.

Here I was thinking my Jullis having a faceplate system vs a headcap system was mildly inconvenient, I got very lucky if this could have been his problem instead!

I hope you can fix it!

14. Seems to be! Not sure if they were early or late casts, bad batches?! or something. mine is probably the worst I’ve seen around. I’ve been slowly removing Some resin inside, and constantly checking fit, it’s improving although I don’t think it will be 100%. I’ll put pics up of final result

15. It seems DIM's qc was never great given how illfitting their heads are to their bodies.
      Which is a shame as the sculpts are so nice.

How are the hybrids going? I'm saving up for bodies right now but I can't make up my mind.

16. @JessWilliamson That looks pretty good to me! It’s pretty close to being flush.

@purple_monkfish is that question at anybody in particular haha? I still have at least three more months to wait for the body I ordered sadly...

17. haha that's hte problem isn't it? the huge waits.

I'm still leaning toward either the Luts Model Delf or the Legend doll girl body because I want curves dangit.
      But the boy bodies I just can't make up my mind. there's not so much variation and it's like.. argh.

18. Oh Thank you! I was personally hoping for a better outcome, perhaps adding in more magnets may help more to secure the faceplate and avoid popping off all the time! I might look into it for my jullis, it’s happened with my Larina a lot! But it is a real shame they have or should I say had lovely sculpts!

@purple_monkfish not sure what sculpt you have but I have My Larina on a doll chateau kid body and my Jullis is actually on a loongsoul BB 42cm body which I have never seen before.. I wanted a less mature body for him and love the proportions and chunkiness for him. The resin match isn’t as good as DC (which is near perfect) It’s a tad pinker in shade. With a face up you won’t notice plus the body is blushed so his blank face stands out atm... I am getting him jointed hands as I’m not a fan of the baby hands but I hope this helps someone.

My Larina on DC Kid (quite a popular choice I see):
      BFF51-E62-3-C6-A-4-DA7-A234-A31501-A66-D2-D
      5-CACFD9-C-0-D73-43-B4-9-A1-F-A5-E4-D8059621

Jullis on Loongsoul BB 42cm:
      EB1-D9-FAE-F383-4-C20-B5-FE-A880790-D45-C3
      E519-E0-B1-F7-B4-4122-9-D67-DBBFC2-EACB92
      3-E5996-B5-F4-AC-4934-83-DD-7-D6-EC9-A0-C034
      1-E8-AF7-E1-07-B7-4-D87-9-DA0-55067124-B9-E6
      99-E48-ABB-52-C7-4-F27-9-B50-8-D2-DC8295-DC4