1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. I have Benetia on a DC Kid girl body and one on DZ B45-012, Larina on DZ B45-017 and Annabeth on a Dream Valley boy body. Resin match for all are pretty close (DiM normal/DZ normal pink/DV normal and DiM white/DZ white) and posing is great on all of them. I can't really say which is a favourite since I love them all for different reasons.
      I've posted pics of all of them other than Annabeth earlier in this thread~

2. @JessWilliamson If you got your Jullis secondhand, is it possible they sent the wrong headback? DIM head sculpts are all very different from each other, and they don't fit each other's faceplates.

Thanks for posting the picture with the Loongsoul body! I have Miru on the girl body. The normal pink matches DIM normal skin pretty well (remember to get the urethane with Loongsoul, sometimes the environmental resin comes up as default). The match is close enough that you can't tell after blushing.

I'm excited because I just ordered an MYou body for my Luria head! I was going to get the long skinny one, but I decided Luria's face was so wide, she'd probably look better on the other one. I'll post pics as soon as it gets here.

3. Yes that’s likely! I am still very happy I have him and working on his faceup now. Oh I love MYOU, and hope to own one day. I particularly like their big baby pear shaped body! I look forward to seeing your pictures!

4. Hey all! I know this is a long shot but has anyone tried a female 58 cm body with a DIM head? (Specifically looking at Loongsoul B-G58-02 and Soul Doll Vito). I realize this would probably require some modification but I seem to like the more mature body styles for Larina and I'm not a fan of the fairyland resin match. I should also probably mention this is my first head without a body... :sweat

Any help is appreciated!!

5. I was considering something like the luts model delf for a mature msd body as I figured being still msd sized it would be more proportionate. I don't have any 50cm+ girls unfortunately but I do feel like the souldoll soulkid body, despite being really attractive, is a little too "small" for the DIM heads so a vito body could potentially work a bit better. I don't have one to test though. Drat.

The big issues are gonna be neck sizes and shoulder width though waist circumferance is also a considering for me as that's what I think throws off the soulkid body as the waist is the narrower than the head and it bothers me.

I believe the vito heads are 6-7 inch heads while the soulkids are smaller at 5-6 aren't they? Certainly my partner's Juno head is very small compared to all my msd dolls. The DIM heads are around 6-7 most of the time.

Hmmm....

I think the 8.5cm neck on the vito body might be too large for the DIM heads, they tend to need closer to 7 but it's modable. It's more whether the other proportions might be a touch too off. I can't seem to find any pictures of the new soulkid body alongside the vito girl, the newer soulkid body is quite a bit taller than the old one.

There is also the Legend doll msd body which is fairly mature and I think Raccoon doll also do a mature msd. I've been agonising over this and haven't had much luck finding a lot of pictures of the dolls on more mature bodies honestly. There's ONE on a doll legend body somewhere but that's the only one i've found and it's anxiety inducing because I don't want to order a body without being sure it'll work.

6. right so now i'm agonising over boy bodies and i'm honestly leaning toward the Charm doll v2 body because of the soft curve it has which appeals to me.
      But I rather like the idea of a chunkier body for the other boy.
      DFh have a nice sort of "soft" boy body but it's quite expensive.
      I just like the idea of having both boys with different silhouettes you know?

7. @purple_monkfish That Charmdoll body is what I have on order. It’s going to be another three months yet (if the waiting list is to be believed), but I will no doubt share pictures of the hybrid once I’ve put it together.

8. awesome @nattherat, I look forward to seeing it!

It'll be a while before I have the money to order bodies anyway, probably not till the end of the year but ahh well.
      Such is life.

My next priority should be getting these heads bodies though.

9. Does anyone know if Larina's faceplates (OE and HCE) can be switched using the same headback?
      I have both the heads but the magnets are opposites so I'm unable to try... lol

I'm considering freezing the head of one to remove the magnets if they can be switched!

10. MYou and Dollzone have long, skinny msd bodies with large bust options that could be very mature, if that's what you want. My Miru is on the Loongsoul version 3 body, which is very curvy in the bottom. I have the small bust version, but there's a larger bust available.

I don't think a DIM Happy head would work on a 58cm body because of the proportions, but there are plenty of mature mini bodies to choose from.

11. I know many of you prefer hybrids with their DIM heads (and to be honest, I would hybrid my Laia too if I could choose again) but here's a picture of my Laia who's on the DIM happy body:

[​IMG]

She's with my DIM Marcellina.
      I'm not a fan of the happy body but what helped me was changing the hands of the body. It was much easier than try to find a new body and try to find someone who would want to buy the happy body from me! These are iplehouse fantasy hands if I remember correctly. They are much smaller and delicate than the original childish dim hands so I like them much better. Even the body still is what it is, my DIM Laia is one of my favourite doll characters.

12. Does anybody know if there are any more group orders happening? I have, unfortunately for me, decided I’d really like a Larina head but all the 2nd hand prices are ridiculous. 3x or more. :(

13. Just check around I just found a Larina for 100$ with a custom faceup a few weeks ago. It took me a bit but u could ask around on Facebook groups too I also know someone who has a modded sleeping head for sale and she’s pretty reasonable. I should note I had to look international so I paid 20$ shipping.

14. I can’t say I agree when the original heads are $50. Besides, I’d want it blank, and face-ups carry the risk of stains. Some people are also, understandably, refusing to sell outside of their area.
      Anyway, it’s a fair enough question, there have been group orders before and folks in the thread have participated and would potentially know if another was happening.

I have a feeling I may have to make my own head. I’d previously bought a DollZone Doreen to try and stylistically match my Benetia, but even after doing a lot of work, I still don’t like it. Nothing is quite right haha!

15. DIM seems to have some stuff still in stock (the two boys and Flowe h) but no Larina. You could always email them and ask? they may be willing to do some casting if you can get enough orders, I dunno.
      I mean we lose nothing asking right? heh.

I admit I keep staring at the old heads going "nghh why didn't I buy you when you were all readily available" lol. I really like DIM's sculpts.

16. That's true! I think either Larina or Laia would match the Benetia head decently. However, I definitely can't run a group order right now, I've got big life stuff going on and there's no way I could run one. Chucking my money AT one? Definitely. Running it though? No can do haha.

I feel the same haha, but it's more due to my disappointment with the DZ Doreen. I wanted to go for another company for diversity but in this particular case it was a bad call that I regret.

17. Out of curiosity, does anyone have any DIM hybrids on the following bodies?

Legrand Doll
      Myou v2
      Dollits (either, but the newer body - D.K.D B - especially)
      Summerbird Viola

I have a Flowne and I was thinking of getting her a curvier body, ranging from "slightly chubby" to a more prominently plus size body, though it's been hard to find comparisons ^^; When I search for hybrids it seems most tend to be on either minifee bodies, or dz/dc bodies, lol. The dollits body is a little bit of a departure from that, but he did sculpt the DIM GSE body, so I am curious about it! I wouldn't mind getting a GSE body but it feels like they rarely come up, and sometimes people want a lot for them, and at that point I'd rather just get the Viola body since I'd just pay a little bit more for a really unique body.

18. I've seen a dollits hybrid, it looks really dang nice so that's what i'm tempted to get for my girl.
      It was between that, the model delf and the legend doll because I wanted curves.

I believe the user with the dollits hybrid is balljointedsoulmates on instagram.

19. I ordered my first Larina head from dim around May this year my second one was second hand but you could see if they are planning to release her again in May this coming year