1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. HI guys.....looking for opinions on the DIM Happy body.....I'm trying to decide if I should use that body, or hybrid my Flowne. I really like the look of a slim mini and was thinking about putting her on fairyland or a DC body for a waif look. But if you have a DIM Happy Body, can you give me opinions on it? Like posability and stuff, thanks!

2. She can't sit to save her life. She's stable, don't get me wrong, but leans back (unless you engage the torso joint). On the other hand, she can kneel - with single-jointed knees! Quite a feat. She stands nicely. That's really all I've done with mine so far :sweat

3. @jenniekay I owned her and she poses really good! I don't know what @Jany did with her/his Flowen but mine is Sitting and Standing really god and another plus point, she can lie down and look up to you like this [​IMG]

And also she can pose like this two as well
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I know the example Dolls are not DiM's Happy Body but its only an example.
      I tried it today with my Flowen and it went out really well
      She looked really beautyful.
      If my Camera wasn't broken i would make you Photos of her, maybe if u can wait, i could take some after Christmas (cause i get a new one on Christmas Eve ;3 )

4. I got my shipping notice for my Gayane head!! :D

5. @RainbowMarbles congrats! I also got a shipping notice for my laia and larina heads!

6. Laia got her ugly sweater!
      [​IMG]

7. @Blablette your Larina is very cute! I really like the shirt she's wearing

@bajib she looks so tiny and cozy in that sweater!

my Laia and Larina heads have arrived last week! I'm only sharing Laia right now, for that head is the first to have been modded into fitting my tiny-eyed crew. there is still some sanding and finishing work to be done, but the shape is there : )
      they'll either be Annan, my young river spirit inhabiting drowned kids' bodies, or Noa, daughter of the guy in my avatar. still undecided on who is gong to be who!

[​IMG]

8. Hey guys!~
      My DIM Flowne head arrived today and I want to hybrid her onto a Minifee Moe body, but the thing is- I have absolutely no clue how to do that xD Any help?

9. I would be interested in knowing that too.

10. Thank you @arienh The shirt is from "Affreusement mignon", she used to have an etsy shop, and does now clothes for La Compagnie des radis.
      Your modding is great, wow! What size of eyes will she have?

11. Laia looks adorable in that sweater! :D

12. @IAmSinon & @Myobi_Flower - I'm also waiting on a Flowne, and I have a MNF Active-Line body in-house. I can take pics when she gets here. That might at least give you a place to start. I will say that FL NS doesn't match at all.

13. @Kymera - I was afraid NS wouldn't work. I was so excited just to order a DIM that I didn't look into resin/hybrids until after I ordered her.
      I have read that it would have been easier if I had ordered my Flowne in WS but I got her in her NS.
      I'm not really sure what to do.

14. That's weird, I have the ns flowne head and minifee moe body but they match pretty well? Unless I'm blind xD
      Lost on what to do now.

15. It's possible that one of the ones you've got has mellowed, since I've got a pretty new NS fairyline girl and she's definitely a darker colour than the DiM head, but it could also be resin variations. I also don't think it's so far off that you couldn't make it work with some colour matching blushing.
      Also for the actual how do you do the thing, step one is probably restringing the minifee body to use a hook rather than the neck connector and step two could potentially be sanding the neck to make it a more normal shape for a doll without a neck connector.
      There are a bunch of other hybrids that could work though and if it's specifically poseability that you're after, can I recommend Loongsoul, which may need a bit of blushing to match but are amazing posers and also don't require any modding.

16. So where does dim NS fall on the spectrum? Is it really hard to say based on the batch it was made or can you usually say their NS leans more to pink tones or yellows? Or is it easier to just ask people what they hybrid their NS heads to what NS company bodies? Sorry if I worded that terribly. Been a long day at work and I've been doing data entry all day. Brain is fried.

17. I don't know if it changes batch to batch, but my larina at least is what I would consider a VERY light, more pink toned NS. Most of the NS I have in my collection (Fairyland, Souldoll, Luts, Little Monica, Crobidoll) look really yellow and dark in comparison. Myou doll NS is probably about the same lightness, but even it looks a bit more yellow. Loongsoul NS-Pink looks kinda okay colour wise, but it's a bit dark as well. Loongsoul NS-Yellow just looks really yellow. Like inside of a lemon yellow to me.
      I have definitely seen some great hybrids, but off the top of my head, I cannot think of what the actual bodies people have used are

18. The hybrid I really like belongs to aquavalkyrie on instagram. She has her head on a minifee m-line body. She had told me the match isn't perfect and the neck does sit a little high, but I think her girl is perfection. If you guys want to see what one looks like on that body that would be a good one to check out.