1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. I am expecting an Myou v1 body for my Luria head in December. I'll let you know about skin match, etc., when she gets here.

My Miru is on a Loongsoul v3 body, which is very curvy and lovely, and a great match. I have the small bust, but there's a larger one available. The only thing is that the hook that came with the body didn't fit into Miru's head, so I had to get a new one.

[​IMG]

2. What color is your loongsoul body, if I may ask? :o I've been considering it for another hybrid, but I've been a bit confused on the loongsoul colors since it seems they're all "imported" resin colors now, and it's been hard finding resin comparisons!

3. It's normal pink urethane resin. I ordered from Alice's Collections and requested the urethane type. This was in 2019, so I would think it's still available, even though the environmental resin seems to be the default now.

4. I just bought a Larina head secondhand, and she shipped today! I can't wait for her to arrive. :D

I wanted either her head or Laia's head to shell my girl, and this cutie popped up at just the right time. I'm gonna hybrid her and dye her. But I'm super nervous about the dying process...

5. Hi! I'm quite new here, and this question maybe have been asked like hundred times, but I need your help :sorry

I bought Ace head quite a while (I think around the company announced that they will stop selling) and now he's still a floating head without body.

So, does anyone has any recommendations? I like body with a bit buff but not as much as model delf body type 2 or 3.

6. I think is it charm doll? have a pretty nice buff looking body, it's sorta toned but not stacked. v1 body I believe it is.
      DFH also have a really toned body but i'm not sure how tall it is and whether the proportions would work.

there's also resinsoul's tang body who's muscular and fairly tall.

souldoll has a quite nice kid body

and the slender model delf body but he has pretty chunky legs doesn't he? hahaha.

7. Yep! Slender model delf has pretty muscle sculpt but I kinda don't like the proportions :sweat

Btw thank you so much for information! I decided to buy charm doll type 1 XD

8. yay! glad I could help!

9. My Myou body arrived earlier than I expected! She's got beautiful curves. I was mistaken before; she's actually the version 2 body with a small bust. The head fits perfectly. The only problem is I got the pink skin and it's... really... REALLY pink. DIM resin is pink but very pale, so the match isn't good. I'm not worried though; I was planning to dye a couple of other dolls soon so I'll just toss this head in with them if I can't blush it close enough. If I did it again, though, I'd probably get the body in white.

Her name is Lux and she's the preteen daughter of a family of supermodels.

@Epona

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. My Charm Doll body arrived today! I was too eager and didn't take a picture of the doll undressed so you could see the whole hybrid, but I'll be sure to do that later when I disassemble him for dyeing. However you can slightly see in the below image that the two white resins don't match at all. Which is fine for me personally, I am familiar with how paper white Loongsoul is.

[​IMG]
      Here's a super grainy (sorry!) picture of mine! Benetia on the left, and Jullis in the middle (the one on the right is an original sculpt I made myself after getting annoyed with the second-hand market prices for Larina/Laias earlier in this thread haha. I have actually since seen them for reasonable prices again, but it's too late now, I made my own design!).

I'm very glad to have my own small collection of MSDs complete! I'm not sure when I'll be dyeing Jullis, but hopefully soon.

11. So nice to see your little gang! Your original sculpt looks like she fits right in. I look forward to seeing your hybrid pictures. I always wanted a Jullis but when I had the money, it was Ace who showed up for sale at the right price so that's who I ended up with.

Once I get Luria painted, I can take a picture with my DIM gang! That'll be so cool. I never thought I'd have more than one DIM kid, even though I love almost all of them.

[​IMG]
      Archie
      by Tea Rose Broadway, on Flickr

12. @thessalyrose Thank you! :D I designed her specifically to have facial proportions that matched the DiM sculpts, so she could fit in, but with some of my own style thrown in so I wasn't making some kind of knock-off DiM.

Here's that hybrid picture I promised:
      [​IMG]
      DiM Jullis on Charm Doll boy body v2, both in white skin. It's possible my Jullis may be a little yellowed since I don't know how long he sat at the company before I bought him, but even if he were, I think it'd be safe to say you wouldn't get a resin match out of these. Charm Doll white is paper white.
      The body is absolutely stunning, and poses amazingly which is to be expected when it comes to Loongsoul's engineering. I like the ratio to the head, it's in-keeping with my Benetia/Doll Leaves hybrid. My one complaint with the body is one that is extremely easily fixed and not actually an issue; just that it arrived strung so tightly! It's going to be a pain to pull parts far away enough from the body to get them unhooked and disassemble him! :lol:

13. @nattherat - Does this body sit at 90 degrees or does it lean back when sitting?

14. @xyuemoto Just checked for you: When nude, it sits exactly 90 degrees. If the clothes it is wearing are thick and bunch up around the hips, they will interfere with that and the doll will lean back slightly.

15. @nattherat - Thank you. I was considering this body for a hybrid.

16. A friend of mine has bought a Benetia and is looking for advice for a body. Does someone have a Benetia hybrid and can help, please? :kitty2
      I've seen different solutions here, but what is the best in color and neck match?
      I personnaly like quite much the loongsoul girl body shown by @thessalyrose, but the DC and DZ hybrids I've seen are quite good too.

#796 Follow-the-Wind, Jan 8, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    17. @Follow-the-Wind There's no "best" really, just personal preference! Every solution you've seen on this thread is pretty much each excellent in their own way. It all depends on what is desired in terms of aesthetic and posing.

-

Very grainy picture and no face-up for now but I dyed my Jullis! Rit Dyemore, a mixture of a few different colours.

[​IMG]

It's gonna be a while before I actually have time to do any painting, but that's fine. The clothes I ordered for them won't arrive for ages either!

18. @nattherat he looks amazing! DiM resin is the BEST for dyeing. I swear it takes dye better than any other companies.

19. Resource for someone who might need it.

Larina on DZ B45-012 and Dollits DKD-B.

The image appears broken on the thread. But here's a link: https://i.imgur.com/n6Fs43O.jpg

[​IMG]

Nude DKD-B you can find on my highlights here: Reference - @caffelati

The Dollzone body is a popular choice. But I personally prefer the DKD-B body, in terms of proportion. They both look great though!

20. I agree, I really love the chunkier proportions of the DKD body, I mean it's expensive but it's such a nicely sculpted thing.