1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. Since this post ended up on a new page: This is the email Doll In Mind sent out today 16th May 2022! One final chance to order three DiM heads.

The email came from Denny's usual email. The one they sent newsletters from. Here's the contents:

So Flowne, Larina, and Laia are options. Not really sure whether we get the options of open and sleepy eyes as such, but I have sent an email asking.

I'm in the UK, is anybody wanting to do a UK group order?

#841 nattherat, May 16, 2022
      Last edited: May 16, 2022
    2. Thanks, could you maybe send me his email ? I sadly do not have it (or is the Paypal one the one to contact directly ?).
      I had hoped Annabeth would be an option, but I could always ask him once I get the contact ! Thanks a lot for sharing this news.

#842 Shin__, May 16, 2022
      Last edited: May 16, 2022
    3. I second wanting Annabeth. I've wanted her forever now, I swear.

4. @Shin__ I’m going to DM, since I don’t know if it’s okay for me to provide the email in case the sculptor gets inundated and stressed from requests, when it’s already very generous as it is to open this order period after essentially retiring. :) You can always update this thread with the response and address if Denny gives permission!

5. Oh wow! I'd love more DIM sculpts. I adore them.
      I regret I didn't grab Ace and Julian when I had the chance.

I'd be up for a group order. Laia is cute.

6. @nattherat this might be a weird question but if you're in contact with denny, would you mind asking him if he still has all the promotional images for all the sculpts? i'd be really interested in them for archival purposes! :) a lot of the original promotional images for the less popular dim sculpts are either hard to find or gone off the internet with the shuttering of the website.

also, it might be worth asking him if you can post it to the news page on doa, i'm sure there's a lot of people who don't check this thread who would be interested in ordering! especially if they're open to requests for other sculpts if they get enough interest. i think there would probably be a good amount of interest in ace and jullis, specifically

7. @mangameow I will see what his response is to my current email before anything else. There’s another part of his email that I didn’t paste here, that was kind of about retirement/having moved on, so the very last thing I want to do is bombard him with requests for the whole catalogue. Since DIM has been officially closed (rather than just vaguely closing down) for a couple years now, I don’t want to jeopardise this opportunity. It’s fantastic that he is even offering these heads at all.

But if he is amenable, then yes, I will ask! I miss those promotional photos too, I can’t believe how easily official records of DIM dolls were swept off the internet. :(

8. yeah, that's reasonable! i wouldn't want to push him or anything, i honestly can't believe he's doing one last round this far out in the first place, it's really nice of him. i hope his retirement is going well!

9. Oh! I am one who would be interested in Jullis if he makes another run of them. Managed to snag Ace during the final sale but Jullis was just out of stock :( I'd love to have them both. I also kept their promo photo sets, but sadly only of Ace and Jullis.

10. I'm in Aus so can't take part in the group order, but would definitely be interested in contacting him for an open eyed Laia if she'll be available

11. It’s worth remembering that all of this is subject to a minimum order amount, and previous minimum amounts have been 25pcs. :( That sucks to say but I feel like it should be said to keep expectations realistic.

Anyway, news: Denny replied to me and the Laia head being offered is the half-closed eye version! I have asked if the open-eye one is available too (@sugarstitch ), and whether additional heads like Jullis and Ace (@mangameow @crowtree ) might be possible to order too.

12. Thank you, I appreciate it~

13. Thank you!

14. Any chance trisha and other heads Will be available, the normal and eye closed version?
      I'm from europe if someone from there want to order I may be interested.

15. @deathdoll I’ll update this thread as soon as I get a reply from Denny. I wouldn’t count on it, I believe these three heads were chosen for popularity, but I’ll relay his decision as soon as I find out about it.

16. Yes i got it too! I'd kill for a Larina and Laia!

17. Doesn't look like your go thread is currently visible nat.

18. Thanks for letting me know! I can’t find any rules or reasons why it’s hidden, I’ll contact the mods about it.
      (edit: it’s now sorted!)

#858 nattherat, May 17, 2022
      Last edited: May 18, 2022
    19. Answers from Denny!

The answer to 2 is likely disappointing, but not unexpected. You can try emailing to place an order, if you are lucky it might be possible.

20. Darn, I was hoping for open Laia, but I'll take what I can get. Maybe I could try modding the lips and eyes. Would I be able to get Denny's email so I can contact him please?