1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. For those that want photos, I've went and scraped the (MSD) shoots I can find from Wayback Machine, and put them all in an Imgur album here. Sadly there are tons missing.

Sculpts I was able to grab larger photos of are: Ace, Benetia (open, half-closed), Bryony, Jullis, Laia (half-closed), Larina (open), Luria, Marianne (open and sleeping), and Odelia (open, half-sleeping, renewal?). (edit: actually, found and added some more!)

Likely more photoshoots, both of different sizes and of older sculpts, are able to be found too, but this is what I found for now. I figured I'd chuck them into an album together so you can all go grab your faves/take a local copy if you want!

I still hope to ask Denny when it's appropriate, but here's some stuff in the meantime.

#881 nattherat, May 19, 2022
      Last edited: May 19, 2022
    2. Thanks a lot for all the compiling work @nattherat !

And I really hope we can 'unlock' other sculpts, so please, do join us ahah.
      Let's show him one last time that his work had an impact and will live on, and that even after all these years it is still appreciated. And that he can officially retire knowing his legacy won't be forgotten :)

3. Hi all!

Long time DIM fan here! I haven't been very active on DOA, I took a long break from the hobby but recently returned to it. I also received Denny's email and have been communicating with him, I am running a group order for people in the US.

This is my first time running a group order so I'm nervous, but I want to help folks who are interested! I started out asking people on Instagram but I am going to make an official group order post here on DOA for those who want to join.

This is very exciting! DIM was always my favorite company and in all these years there's never been another company that was quite like it for me <3

4. Sweet, looks like I'm off the hook XD Was about to create a GO but since it sounds like you've started one :D

5. Aw, yay - yes I already have several people interested from Instagram so I thought it's better to make an official post here, too.
      I finished making it, but right now it says "awaiting moderation"

6. Hi guys! I wanna join the US GO but I just realized I might not be able to because I don't have access to the marketplace yet. Is there a way for me to join or should I just go ahead and place an order by myself :P (Noob question)

7. Popping in to confirm that orders need a minimum of 25 PER head, as per Denny's reply to me asking him about Annabeth, he also mentioned the mold for Annabeth was damaged but that he was willing to fix it if enough orders were made for her, so I imagine other sculpts are definitely doable as well as long as we get enough people interested.

I think we are very lucky that he is willing to do such work one last time ;( I really hope I can get this sculpt home for her last ride.
      I believe spreading the word on as many platforms as possible is our best bet (IG, DoA, FB, Discords, local forums, etc.)

8. I will send you a DM.

#888 Dew_Drops, May 20, 2022
      Last edited: May 20, 2022
    9. @Shin__ If things get down to the wire and we're close, I'll be willing to order two. Maybe even three. I'm considering that anyway because yknow, it's her last run, she's one of my favorite sculpts, and DIM heads are fairly inexpensive.

25 is a LOT and I am mildly overwhelmed but man, I want an Annabeth...!!

Anyway, I'm waiting to blast everything on my insta (it doesn't get a lot of traffic, but I am loud) whenever we get an end order date.

10. @staghaus That is why I have committed to ordering 2 already, to boost our chances. She has been a grail of mine for years and I know she's not well liked so the likelihood of seeing her again is rare :(

11. Thanks for this info!

I got another reply from Denny, though it doesn't actually contain the answer to my last question (about order deadlines), so hopefully he'll send another. He did however say that actually he has some old heads in stock and he's going to check and tell me what they are next week. That sounds like it would be heads other than the three being offered.

12. And a double-post!

A little alarming, but Denny has confirmed we have only until the end of May to place orders.

13. @Dew_Drops Are you going to take feeler orders for anything outside the big three?

14. I sent in my order. I also mentioned I'd be interested in any of the following heads (Kassia, Bellosse, Galahad, Benetia, Odelia, Aria) or that I would most likely buy a copy of any other heads offered.

15. Hi, I'd be willing to, as long as those ordering understand that there may not be enough orders of those heads.

16. Rad! Sometime today I'll make a post on insta directing to you and Nat's preorders in every relevant tag I can think of.

Even if I don't get my girl, I wanna see a whole pack of Larinas and Flownes and Laias out in the world.

17. This is the dream! :D

18. If people are still looking for promo Fotos, dolk.jp still has many of them on their Japanese website. :D

19. I emailed him as well (to express my happiness of the minis order) and to also express that I too would be interested in any SD size future releases. His response:

Re : SD head
      I will check all though about it. It will take some time. I will make some list. (Minimum will be 25pcs as group order)

yay there is hope but even if he cannot, still super grateful to get a Larina and Flowne :XD:

20. I wonder if he realised just how many people would be so excited and asking after his sculpts! I really hope this is a positive experience for him! :)