1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. Haha I can give a more full answer to this too;
      Cult King is Denny's name in the 1:6th community! I believe it was his main sculpting avenue, you can see his work here. In the 1:6th sphere, he's sorta famous for the skill of his customs.

Lending more evidence that he truly is done for good though, he announced his upcoming retirement from 1:6 figures too at around the same time he opened the final orders for DiM BJDs. Bless this skilled guy and all the skilled people he works with!

2. Oh wow:ablink: Good to know! Thank you for sharing, an and, yeah, such a pity he's retiring!

3. Lol that’s pretty awesome I had no idea :D Denny is so talented and I hope he’s enjoying his retirement :chibi

4. This makes so much more sense now, thank you for this insight! I hope Denny enjoys retirement. His amazing work will be missed very much.

5. Hi fellow DIM lovers. Do we have any update on DIM Annabeth GO? I am not personally hoping for any other sculpts anymore as they didn't receive enough attention, but I don't want to give up hoping that we could get Annabeth at least....

6. No one else has joined our GO, so we can't tally up the numbers.

7. Maybe we should add a tally of Annabeths on the GO for people who will order on their own (just to give a visual of the known amount of Annabeth wanters)? I don’t even know how many of us are there :sweat

I found a DIM doll group on Facebook and have posted the Trisha GO feeler. If I know how many of us are committed to an Annabeth, I’ll post it on there- maybe if they see the numbers it’ll drum up some interest :D

#1107 krystina, Jul 4, 2022
      Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    8. Good idea, thank you! I ordered 3 Annabeth heads (individual order). I also had posted a poll for Trisha here to understand what number of people would be interested in ordering her, but received almost no answers.

9. When you say you ordered 3, you mean Denny accepted the order or is it pending having 25 ?

10. It's pending 25, as far as I know. I have a pending order for 2, individually as well.

11. Sorry, my English is not great. I meant I pre-ordered 3 heads, but, unfortunately, it doesn't look like we are near the 25 count yet.

12. Yeah, sadly no one else has expressed interest. I can repost my IG of course to try and get more and see if there's any FB groups to post it in. I've been a bit absent recently (still checking for PMs/sign ups but sadly none) due to a few mental health things but I'm feeling better now. So I'm happy to post it but I'm wondering if maybe the hype died?

13. This line might be key, but I think it's specifically because Denny himself never publicly said "hey, contact me about Annabeth and it'll happen". That means it's virtually only us in the thread talking about it at all, and the vast majority of the people who got his emails won't be members here or check this thread. There is a facebook group, but I think it's fairly slow. There's no standardized Instagram/tumblr tag (just an ongoing battle between #dollinmindbjd and #dimdoll haha) afaik, and despite Doll In Mind's popularity back in the day, they're nowhere near "fashionable" among current BJD trends. All this contributes to most of the people who want his sculpts are... us, the people in this niche out-of-the-way-thread on a closed-ish forum. :(

I totally don't fault him if he didn't want to - again, he was pretty open about wanting to move on, but it's a shame he didn't structure his email as "here's the last chance to order anything, ask and if it hits 25 then it will happen.". That's how Granado first funded and got started their very popular line of 30cm(ish) dolls, via public group/crowd funding.

But! I'm sure he had his reasons for not doing that. :(

I really wanted to see Annabeth hit 25 though. I really hate how trying to look up the sculpts these days (outside of this thread) brings up next to nothing but 1) the things which must not be named, and 2) owner photos from a decade ago. I want to see a new wave of DIM cuties!

14. Yes, same experience. I noted that DIM sculpts have been massively recasted. I wondered if that was something that became the last drop for the company to shut down...
      In any case, as per Annabeth, I guess Denny did mention that the sculpt was damaged? Maybe that's one more reason why he wasn't too enthusiastic to make it available at first place.

15. Definitely. It's even worse now that the official site is gone. Searching for any of the sculpts doesn't even bring up official photos any more, just photos of the counterfeits. Really frustrating.

I couldn't comment on whether that was a contributing factor to Denny's decision. The 1:6 community has a similar widespread theft issue (though it's murkier over there, and like Blythes, the opinions on what is okay and what isn't vary more than in the BJD community), so it wouldn't have been a new thing to him, though I'm sure no less disheartening.

But yeah, I do suspect it's a lot to do with the fact that he's trying to retire, and was probably offering the easiest/most popular/ready-to-go sculpts as a final minimal-input order. ...That is all pure conjecture though of course.

Anyway to get back on track; I am not sure where mods would stand on this, though it does seem to be okay for members of the community to post news, since somebody went and posted Denny's email on the front page; How about making a front page news post about Annabeth? If Denny has said that he WILL do it, pending 25 orders, then it is technically news for an able-to-be-ordered sculpt. After all, not only did his email get pasted into the news, but also Granado have had their crowd funding posts in the news.

A front page notice would get a lot more eyeballs, and whilst those people probably won't join the GO, they would individually order, which pretty much amounts to the same benefit for everyone. If you do this, I do recommend sending an email to Denny to check he's still up for it though, and to ask if it's okay to make a public post.

Relatedly, it's probably best to stick to Annabeth only too haha, as the sculpt that was the most popular behind the three that were officially re-released!

16. You bring up a lot of good points here @nattherat

I think we DIM fans have always been a little bit apart from the mainstream BJD trends, and once a company closes it's so hard to keep track of where all of us are, aside from the most dedicated. I was so upset the first time I saw that a DIM sculpt was recasted. I've said it before I think, but the aesthetic of DIM is literally the perfect balance of realism and stylization, the unique facial features for my taste and I have still never found another company that was quite like them.

Well... I can say that for as long as I have my Dvora (which, she is my "forever doll" - I can't imagine ever parting with her) there will always be new pictures of the Laia sculpt to be found.

[​IMG]

I am holding on to hope for everyone wishing for Annabeth <3