1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. @Leda4444, thank you!
      @Blablette, thank you!
      Beautiful violin! Looks so good with Flowne

And finally I got a body for my Dakota, she's so pretty even without face-up :love

[​IMG]DIM Larina

2. Eirien
      Oh,what a beauty!

My Larina!
      [​IMG]

3. @Eirien @elena kim Awww, Larina is always such a sweetheart! Yours are so cute!
      I must take pics of mine again!!!

4. Hello.

I recently became interested in DiM especially because of Flowne and Larina. Would someone mind posting photos of the various body sculpts? The site images won't load for me for some reason ffffff If I can get away with not hybriding, I would prefer so. I'm not savvy enough to mod and such ;;;;;

Please spam me with your girls too heh.

Thank you!

#104 lucidling, Feb 12, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    5. @Cyador Thank you! I flipped through the pages and posted a reply but ffff most of the hybrids shown were geared towards boys. Hopefully someone is still watching the thread and can show me more girl options ;;; u ;;;

6. Yeah, I also noticed that the images on DIM's site weren't working. I'm guessing that they're probably taking them down, since all of the dolls are currently discontinued. (If you didn't get in on the final sales, you might be able to buy a full doll second hand, so you wouldn't have to worry too much about hybriding).

I know your pain; DIM boy hybrids are definitely more popular. The boy pics aren't completely useless, though. You can get an idea of what body sizes you might want by comparing measurements. In my case, I really like the overall proportions of the boy-hybrids, but it's a bit harder to find girl bodies that have similar measurements.

I'm hoping to try a Doll Legend girl body for my Larina(s). Dollmore also seems to be a popular hybrid option, and, IIRC, the boy and girl bodies are similarly sized.

@Eirien and @elena kim - Your Larina's are both super adorable! Can't wait to see more pics.

7. @Kymera ffff what? Are they discontinuing the entire collection and shutting down or are they hoping to work on new sculpts? If it's the first, I really need to keep an eye out for a hybrid or full set secondhand ;;;; u ;;;; And thank you for the suggestions!

8. According to the messages that were posted on their site, it sounded like Denny was planning to release some new doll lines, but that hasn't happened yet. But, it's only been a couple months since the discontinuation sale ended, and I think some people might still be waiting on their orders, so it's not surprising that we haven't seen anything.

Good luck! I hope you find the dolls you've got your heart set on.

9. Hah. So, I have Larina and HCE Larina. Since they're the same character, I wanted to see how much work it might take to mod their heads so that they could share headbacks. It looks like the fit is actually pretty good; they can pretty much share faceplates.

But their magnets are opposite polarity. Go figure. :doh

10. Such beauty in this thread!
      I wanted to show you my spring Hio
      [​IMG]

11. Oh, she's beautiful! I was so torn between Adela and Miru. I would have bought both if it had been possible. Great mori outfit too.

12. @thessalyrose Thank you so much!I used to think between Adela and Miru too, but i'm really glad to have Adela for 6 years now!

13. I love miniature instruments! I have a banjo (with case) that's perfect for my doll, a DiM Larina - already having that prop was the last push I needed to actually buy the doll herself! I can't wait to take photos of her with it but she needs a lot of work still (clothes, eyes, faceup).

The colors on that wig are really pleasing together, too!

14. Hi there! I saw this earlier in the thread, but I just wanted to double check. Would Larina wear 12mm or 14mm eyes?

15. I'd actually go 12mm or 10mm. 14mm are a bit big, IMO, but it depends on what you ĺike ands the look you're got for.

16. She's soo beauty!

17. Ah, thank you! I actually realized I had some 12mm eyes here at home, so I tried them on as reference and they looked really good. If they suited her character, I would definitely use them.

Good news, though! My girl is one step closer to being finished now that I went ahead and ordered a pair of eyes for her. All she needs now is a wig and some clothes. (She's totally bald and naked right now, haha.)

18. Hey guys, I got myself a Flowne head in the discontinue event, but like many people, I wasn't very fond of the bodies so I wanted to make a hybrid.

Can anyone tell me which dollzone skin matches DIM normal skin? Dollzone has both normal pink and normal yellow and I'm not sure which one would be a match.

If anyone can help, I'd be extremely grateful!