1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM (Doll in Mind) Mini Discussion Part 5

Nov 17, 2016

1. I have my Larina on the pink skin and it's a pretty close match
      [​IMG]

2. Thank you so much, you are a life saver!

3. Dollzone normal yellow is really yellow, it's like light tan, and dim normal color descends into light light pink, just like dollzone normal pink.

4. I have my Annabeth head on a Dollzone normal pink boy body and the match is perfect. I will try and find the photos to share here but I do have them on my instagram account if you want to look. My Larina head is on a Doll Leaves girl body and the match is also amazing.

#124 Nightshade, Mar 21, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    5. Seems a lot of people are putting the "girl" heads onto boy bodies, I'm glad it's not just me ;p I was looking at the same dollzone boy body you have for my flowne. Thank you for sharing, I had a look on your instagram and the match looks great!

6. I think alot of people are putting them on boy bodies, my Annabeth just had to be a boy, the sculpt doesn't look feminine to me anyway. I look forward to seeing a Flowne boy, my Flowne is a girl but I think it will make an amazing boy.

7. I keep an eye on DimDoll's webpage and sometimes a head pops up for sale again, at the moment there seem to be Flowne H heads available if anyone still wants one. I am so tempted but I have no money and can't really justify buying another head.

8. I've only ever seen one boy Flowne, and he was absolutely freakin adorable. I love seeing people make their dolls the opposite gender of what the makers intended, it's always really interesting to see what they do with them!

9. I'm about 1 week away from getting face up photos of my Flowne. <3 Hoping by the end of next week, she is ready to be sent back home to me.

10. I just wanted to post this here in case it helps anyone else making a DIM hybrid. I tried out my flowne head on my clover doll Grover's NS pink body and the resin match is pretty much perfect. I compared the two headcaps and I couldn't really see a difference between the two. The neck might need to be modded a bit, but if you're looking for a nice, cheap, slim body, clover doll are a really good option! I really like the clover doll body, it poses nicely and it looks really pretty.
      [​IMG]

11. They announced on their facebook page that they will released new Happy doll in May!!

12. My face-up artist just finished my Benetia heads and I ordered a body yesterday and I went to look for the perfect eyes and I realized - I'm unsure what size I should get! Does anyone have a Benetia and/or half-eye Benetia and are willing to show me the eye size they have in them? I'm not sure if they'd take different size eyes or not!

13. I think it's just going to be a head, not a full doll. (I asked a question and Denny said the bodies aren't ready yet. It'll be another 2-3 months.)

I don't know if this helps, but my Larina has 12mm(13mm) Eyeco eyes. She could probably get a way with 10mm(11mm).

14. Hi guys~ I have a quick question! I have a character that I'm planning to use a half-closed eyed Larina for, and I was wondering if a Doll Legend 44cm boy body would be a decent match proportion and color wise... Does anyone have this hybrid or something close? I really love this body and head for my boy Gunnar, but I don't know if they'd fit together. (I thought I saw some DiM/Doll Legend hybrids somewhere, but I can't find them now!) Any help would be great!

15. That should work. There's a Doll Legend girl hybrid on the last page of the hybrid thread. The Miru head is close to the same size as the Larina head. The boy body is slightly bigger, so the Larina head should look pretty good. :)

https://denofangels.com/threads/d-i-m-happy-heads-bodies-comps.472971/

16. Aha! That's the one I saw earlier! I can't believe I couldn't find it again... But thank you so much! It does sound like it'd work, which is fantastic for this character~ Now I'm kinda bummed that I have some preorders I want to get in on coming up...I really wanna get Gunnar right now! :lol: (Though finding a closed eyed Larina secondhand might be kind of hard...)

17. My Flowne is home <3 And, by coincidence, I found a body that seems to suit her perfectly.. :) It's a DollLove 1/4 girl body! The color match, in my opinion, is quite good. I happened to win a DollLove doll, and some outfits, very cheaply as an ebay BJD lot (with CoA/box), and I'm just thrilled with the match!

And.. gosh, I love how Memento Mori painted her.. <3
      [​IMG]

For a full-body shot of here, go here:
      http://i.imgur.com/zmSXwMd.jpg

18. I got my Larina back from the faceup artist today and am so in love. Please meet Poe.
      [​IMG]Poe by Megan, on Flickr