1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dim Minimee Update & Talk Part 1

Dec 26, 2006

1. I think it's an awesome idea! There will be bumps in the road ahead, but with some luck and hard work I think it will work out great. If there will be different body part options (large/small breasts, long/short legs, thin/broad torso, etc.) it will be even better.

I wish you all the luck there is to realise this project. Maybe I should start saving money. ;)

2. This is an awesome idea.

I'd love to get something like this...
      But probably in a SD10 size, as I am quite short.

I don't think I would want it to look too realistic though.
      There are aspects of my body I think a doll could definitely do without.

XD

Maybe if you think of a more artistic manga style version of my face for instance?

Could we give you a lot of customization input?
      Like clothing designs, body specifications, etc?

Random thought...

I would love a BJD of Kyo from Dir en grey...

*A*

3. Thatd be so very neat, Id do it depending on how much itd cost me. But thats sooo very cool!!! OMG, id have way too much fun with that hehe.

4. The idea sounds interesting.
      But I prefer to give hand drawing more than real photos as reference only.
      I don't think I like my doll to be too realistic,as I don't think I'm pretty...
      I love my doll to have a kid-like face rather than adult face.

Anyway I'm look forward to see the finished model.^^

5. i would love it. if i ever got enough money to afford a personalised bjd like that id get it definately. this is an awsome idea

6. Even tough most people seem to like it, I don't think I would get one. It would be a bit creepy for me to have a minime around n.n;;;

7. It is a great idea!

Sure people will buy this dolls for make a gift to best friend, and parents will buy for their children, and so on.

About the name, ... do you know minime from Austin Powers? I would try another name.

There is a "doll factory" at the market: Madame Alexander. So the basic idea is taken, but it works perfect as you can see in their web.

In here you can make your own miniyou, it's bad quality but you can see that the idea it's almost he same and it works.

Here too, and more and more the same idea, so (I say again) it works.

I think all the things you can make on your own way are great to sell. People don't like to be like the others. This is why people like to personalize almost everything they have.

Good luck! ;)

8. I would like to have one of my granddaughter and my grandson..I think it's a neat idea..
      Hugs Phyllis Burki

9. I would be interested! ^_^ It would be cool, I think. Of course, I'd have to wait to make a decision until I saw some pictures of other dolls that had been made this way, and price would play into that, but I'd definitely be interested! I think it would be cool, to be able to get dolls for my friends or things that LOOK like them.

It would be REALLY cool if we could get them done based off of drawings. Original characters of our own....

10. I think it's a super idea, and absolutely one of a kind sculpt! Wow. But it will most likely be cost prohibitive for many buyers. I wonder if a few semi-generic face shapes that could then be modified for the individual would work? (maybe reshape eyes, sand noses and chins?)

11. I love the basis of this idea, but I think if I were going to make a purchase of this nature I would want a tiny doll based on my baby pictures. It would also open up more possibilities as a gift for siblings or children.
      I have already purchased a CH Lubi as I feel we have similar features. I think it would be a little creepy to have an exact clone laying about though, it might frighten me a little.

12. This is amazing! I would love a doll of my boyfriend.. I wonder if he'd agree!

13. I wouldn't order one personally, but I think it's a great idea. I could just see someone ordering a doll of themselves the way they looked as a child, to give to a parent as a gift. This could be very interesting...

14. I already have a doll of myself alter ego/character form... But i'd really love a little doll just like me. I'm obsessed in having things match me XD
      I think it'd be a really interesting and unique thing!

15. Mr. Kim,
      it's funny you say that, because my boyfriend is always ranting on how the dolls will steal his soul. and then one time he asked if they made one of me, would you love it more than me. lol But i would LOVE to have a bjd of my sweetheart. I think it would be cool, plus i could scare him... So I think it would be a cool idea. And if you develop it, i would like one. Are you just planning on the smaller bjds, or 60+? because I personally prefer the larger dolls. Have you come to a vague idea on pricing? Would they be body and head, or just the head? would there be a face up option? and if it were to come with a body, would it come with clothes?

16. Dear Agotha Fang,
      Thank you for your comments. About your question if we develope 60cm.
      Yes, I have plan after this sample.

For 60cm Minimee, Yes....why not?

About Price.
      To make personal BJD is very pricy. each has its own mold.
      So this is my problem to study.
      Between head only and completed one would not much differnt for pricing.
      Head is very pricy as sculptor spends at least more than a month.(Of course he will have other jobs as well)

What I am sure at this moment, completed Minimee BJD will not over 1,000$
      including default clothes and make up.
      And it will be like between 750 ~ 1,000$.
      For 60cm ? Will not too much different.

We are now making a sample and the volunteer provided me with very good photos with different angles, so the minimee will be fine(I think)
      Scheduled in Feb.
      Thank you so much for interesting.

I will post result when it's done.

Denny

17. *chuckle* I'd want the "50 lbs lighter than I am" version. :sweat

18. I like the sound of that, though I'm not sure I'd like having a mini me around. I'd rather have a doll that EXACTLY how I pictured it, so instead of looking for a doll that can be made into the character, you just... make it.

19. That sounds great. I'd probably do it of a lover over myself, but I'd definitely do it. Creepy, but still awesomely cool.

20. only if you can get one for me too