1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dioramas and dollhouses???

Jan 8, 2006

1. I had an old 180cm/6" bookcase which I turned on its side and converted to an Edwardian (OK, fake Edwardian) room with fireplace. This got placed up on a wall thank to some heavy-duty brackets and a set of 4"-tall shelves reside underneath to hold Raven's gear, while the two motorbikes sit neatly on top of the room.

Work well for me :)

2. I have a room just for my stuff. I have slowly be changing from a baby style room to a room for these guys with shelves for them to sleep in beds and of course drawers for their clothes as well as odds and ends that I use for props. But it is slow going as I had hopes to sell a crib, but broke it in taking it apart so there went the funds for another shelf unit. : (

3. my boy sits on my sid table next to my bead and the new boy on the way will sit with his too

~Kat

4. Here is my Kids Room :)

[​IMG]

5. Wow, that's awesome comicbookartistboi!!

When I get my dollfie.. I'm not sure where I will put him... But having the room, and reading what everyone is saying... I want to make his room right now! heheh!

But I have to wait until I get him. Can't get too ahead of myself now can I? ^^

6. For me, Grendel currently lives in my bookshelf(when he isn't with me) but it is only enough for his bed-thing, which is made up of blankets and the cushions he came with, and then his dressers and other furnitures are on the floor next to my bed and dresser.
      Lonan is temporarily on my sister's dresser, but I will be moving him soon once I find some space for him.
      If anything, Grendel takes up a lot of space, but thats just because there is no
      room for anything but him in his shelf.

Kou-chan, you can to get ahead of yourself XD!!
      I think that making spaces for your doll(s) is nearly half the fun!

7. I think when I will get table or shelf I will make my girl some room, but it's long way now... And I definitely want some rooms!!! *____* I am dollieaddict, dollyhouses are love.

8. Something I used to do with antique dolls would work for resin ones too. I used to make a couple of rooms in a glass-door wooden cabinet that had adjustable shelves. Don't use bare wood or new wood - it can exude gases that can yellow things. Old painted wood is good (I once got an old locking glass door curio cabinet for $50). You could probably also a use a newer pre-stained and varnished cabinet if the wood is sealed really well.

I would adjust the shelves and then make a cardboard backdrop covered with wallpaper or cloth (3-sided, cut to perfectly slide into the shelf space and stay in place, covering the 3 walls. Then add a rug and furniture. It's all completely removable and does not destroy the furniture piece.

But right now my resin dolls have no place safe to rest but their boxes.

Carolyn

9. My apartment's pretty small, but I have a wonderful mini chest-of-drawers with a tatami top. If I can find someplace else to put the butsudan, my doll can have his own tatami "room"! I plan to make a traditional futon and kakebuton for him, and either buy or make an appropriately-sized shoji screen.

10. My friend, his mother and I plan to make Cain a to-scale room. Granted it will be huge - since he's 70 cm, the room has to be at LEAST 5 ft long to be equiviliant to a small (10x10) room .. But it's going to be way too awesome. We're planning lights, handmade furniture, a closet for his clothes .. everything. XD Of course we love minatures (we make dollhouses all together) and are major dorks .. so .. :D Dollie things! Cain will be so spoiled. ^^

11. No furniture but... I have a shelf for my doll, a dresser and a box thing, its cute!

12. Raven's Loft:

Starting (using an old 180cm/6" bookcase):
      [​IMG]

Almost done:

[​IMG]

Furnished:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Belle will have a room, in a big circular box x) I'm not sure where I will place it though.. I suppose under a table or something when I'm not playing with her.

14. I'd love to create a room for my incoming doll, but I don't have any space in my room and nowhere else in the house to put it. What's more, my doll is 70cm so I doubt I'd be able to find appropriately-sized furniture for him. For now, he's going to have to share shelf space with my old-school porcelain dolls (it'll be his harem, hehehe.)

15. Neoculture: Very impressive work

16. My dolls don't have a room of their own - my room is their room! :) They would probably need furniture of their own if I were to ever entertain the idea of setting up a space that was just theirs... and insofar, it's not a happening thing!
      -V

17. MaliceLibrarian: If you look at Raven's Loft, the two metal-work chairs were bought at a garden centre (can't remember what they were advertised as, didn't care). The hanging space was bought at a Homecraft show, as well as two wicker-work chairs. I also have a "victorian" padded chair which I purchased at a doll show last month. So you see, just keep your eyes open - 'cause if I can find this stuff in Brisbane, odds are it's more readily available in the US.:) Oh, and some pet shops around here stock novelty pet-beds that are just the right size for SDs. And I believe Ikea has a few doll beds which would suit MSDs - but since I only have SD I haven't gone to find out.

AreeElf: Thank you. It was supposed to be finished by Christmas, but it took another 3 months to finish the fireplace and the picture-rail molding. Damn but they use cheap marble to make those small tiles... they kept on breaking along fault-lines every time I took the dremmel to one until I took out the gaffer tape and stuck it to one side of the tiles for support. :doh

18. neoculture your doll room is adorable! I love how you've decorated it :) what a really clever idea, kudos.

19. Neoculture... I just stared at that room for half an hour... Like this = o_o

Its AMAZING!

20. Neoculture, your dolls' loft is amazing! I love the details, the crown molding and the fireplace really make the room look spectacular. Great job!!:)