1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dioramas and dollhouses???

Jan 8, 2006

1. I have an extra bedroom that is my sewing, doll, American Indian regalia and hobby room. The majority of space is occupied by my dollfies and their belongings like clothes, shoes and wigs. Of course they share it with my other dolls which are ooaks, compositions, and vinyl. These dolls share the room with my buckskin and beaded regalia. Finally I have my sewing and hobby stuff to round out the picture. Of course, I forgot to mention I have my phono and 45s and Lps in there too-so sometimes the dollfies and I rock out to the sounds of the 70s! LOL!!!! They don't complain so we're cool.

2. So I've heard (and seen) dolls with their own little beds.
      But what does everyone think of making dolls their own little bedrooms? Like even with walls and stuff. Maybe not four walls with a ceiling, but close.

Years and years ago, when I was into Barbies I remember those one barbies (I can't remember what their specific name was. But they rocked) that had specific interests, and then rooms to go with it, there was Barbie if i remember right, and then Tori, and others.

So I made my newcoming boy a little room. it's only got two walls but it's pretty big, enough for him to hang out and sleep in =P I even painted it. Maybe I'm just bored, have too much extra paint, no canvas and wanna be a nerd -_-

3. Props for creativity! <3 You should make some little furniture things, and you can do that just using materials around the house! Cardboard's a nice building material, and you can make pretty much anything with it. Add some paint, and suddenly it's not so cardboard-y. You can even make little padded cardboard chairs by sewing up simple cushions from cheap fabric (use old t-shirts XD), and stuffing them with cotton balls. Got any pictures of the "room" to share? I love creating little spaces for dolls, with drawers and chairs for them, and the like... &#9829; *babble babble*

4. I've never done it for dolls, but I made a cardboard house for a pet mouse, complete with a little bed and I even put drapes on the windows... He played in it until someone told me he would chew through the cardboard... Hehe. :doh I would like to create rooms (in the style of TV sitcom sets) for dolls someday, though.

5. I would like to do so but since I hv not enough room for myself already, maybe I will set up the scene when they need

6. This thread has some pretty cute furniture set-ups, and I think a *few* actual rooms.

7. I love rooms/houses for dolls. I have several tinies that live in my dollhouses, and I plan on building a townhouse for my Uyoo. My tiny cottage prevents my having a living space for my SD size dolls, but if I had room, I would definitely have one of those as well.

8. I could probably make Elina's current hole into a room. But when Vilhelmina and Tyyne are here, they'll need a bigger space.

9. I love making rooms for my dolls, or in my case tents and other slightly off kilter effects

My dolls are meant to be nomadic types who have been displaced from their homes and now live with me, its the finding the props that is the best bit. Go for it and have fun with your room making, its great for photo stories and just relaxing and fun to play with.

My latest boy wants his own room complete with computers and gaming equipment.

10. I used to make and sell dollhouses for Barbies when I was a teenager, but I haven't really attempted anything for Dollfies yet. I think it's because they're so much bigger, and to build a whole house would be to fill a room. I might try a small room, though....

11. ^_^ That's cool that everyone has different things that they do for their dolls. And I'm not too crazy xD

Thanks Ailieru and Cynthia for the links ^_^

I actually don't have too much room myself, my room is a 9x10 (? or 8x9 I can't remember, basically, it's small) and I have a crapload of stuff jammed in there. Two bookshelfs, a dresser, tv, and a chest. I've recently just sold all my Living Dead Dolls which took up almost all my space on all those things (I had like 47 of them) so now my doll is getting a little room on my dresser.

Ilymandias- I've actually made two walls out of cardboard, but I painted them a green and black (it looks awesome) and then with some spare Living Dead Doll coffins, I made him a little bed ^^ and currently I'm making a mattress. I'll add other stuff, and when it doesn't look too empty I'll definately post some pics.

12. --

#73 Devil's Trill, Aug 1, 2007
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    13. I've actually begun making a small room for my doll. Like a living room for her. I'm using an old fashioned trunk for it and I have it in my closet. I might re-locate it. I have taken pictures, but I don't want to show them till I am completely finished.

She has pillows and stairs for when she exits. I want to make a mattress and such, but I might just let her sleep on my other pillow. I'm looking for awesome 1:3 sized things but I think I'm doing good. I can't wait to show the pictures. It's gonna be small but I think 'she'll' like it.

14. I've noticed a lot of people make little 'rooms' on desks or tables in their bedrooms, but what about doll houses or just single rooms?
      Does any one have any or know where to get them?
      I was thinking of maybe building one out of a old box, but cardboard does bend over time.
      Thanks for reading :)

15. That is really cute! Too bad they don't have more choices for wall paper :(
      Thanks for the link ^_^

16. I think actual doll houses for anything bigger than an MSD (and even then, they're pretty big in the normal 'toy' realm) would have to be custom built. I've seen lots of doll houses for *small* dolls (even doll houses meant for Barbies aren't actually big enough to fit her height sometimes) but I haven't seen a house big enough for an SD...

I'd love to build a small 'room' area for a doll, at least for photoshoots/somewhere they can stay instead of sitting on a shelf.

~Anna

17. Yeah, I guess it would have to be custom built.
      I'm thinking of building a room too, I just need to find a big enough box...

18. Random, but...

Do you have any grocery stores around you? Sometimes they are willing to give away their empty storage boxes. We have one down the road that puts them in the 'front' area with the shopping carts, so if we need any boxes we can grab them there. I think I'll go down tomorrow and see if I can salvage a good one. (Lol, won't have my doll for months, but it's never too early to start making stuff for him!)

~Anna