1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dioramas and dollhouses???

Jan 8, 2006

1. The closest one is about 24 mins away, but I'll have to make a trip there sometime to get a box or two ^^ After that, the only problem is finding room for the box!
      What sort of doll are you getting?

2. I was thinking of building a house of sorts attached to a wall..out of different sized boards. ^^ Each part of the wall would be a different room, though I'm not sure how well that would be supported, BJD are pretty heavy and the furniture would be heavy too..
      This needs some planning. *_*

3. I built one out of a cardboard box once and made some furniture out of it too. But it didn't reall last long since it took up alot of room. Right now I'm planning on clearing off a space on m shelf for my doll and all the little furniture peices I have.

4. what about using wood?
      sure it may be expensive, but it might last alot longer than cardboard...
      confession! when i was younger, my siblings and i uh.. *flush* we would play with star wars figures, and we would make houses out of cardboard.. but horrible events happened, and stuff would fall and break the boxes...so yeah xD we used shelves too.. * flushes embarestly*

5. I had an unusual hobby for about six months when I was younger...you could buy coloured popsicle sticks at the $2 shop, and I used to make furniture out of it. Most of it was crappy now that I look back on it (it's in my wardrobe) but I did really love the challenge of making things so they didn't topple over, and making them look nice... it was actually pretty fun. I guess they might turn out nicer if I did them now. Anyway I just thought I'd say that because you reminded me of it. Sometimes you can use the most unusual things to make nice pieces of furniture!

Making a house for a tiny would be nice, but I think making a house for anything bigger would (for me at least) take up too much room. Perhaps if you have a room specifically for dolls it would be a pretty fun challenge!

6. I love the foldable room that Dollmore has.

I was thinking of making a similar one for myself out of scored matte board covered in chiyogami.

I think the box idea is cute, but I'd personally have no room for it. I like being able to fold it up and put it away somewhere so it isn't in the way. Then again, my apartment is tiny... It practically is a doll house.

7. Double post. D:

8. same here=_= my room is sooo small...i almost have no more room for myself considering all the manga i have xD
      and my room tends to get messy all the time...>.>

9. I've seen people transform bookshelves into doll houses for SD sized dolls but I think that's a little too ambitious for me since my room is so cramped >.>

10. Yeah, I was going to suggest this- it's quite popular among Pullip/Blythe fans because many bookshelves are about the right height for them, but if you have adjustable shelves it shouldn't be too hard to make just one shelf into a room or something.

11. I have a 1/4 scale two storey house for my MSD's made from two tables on top of eachother and walled in. The top storey is finished, but the bottom is still a work in progress, this is one of the in progress pictures of the top storey:
      [​IMG]

To give you an idea of sizes, the wardrobe next to it is just shy of 6 feet tall, and the bed inside the room is American Girl.

I'll take pictures of the top storey now it's finished when I get in :)

12. Lulu, that is really awesome! If i had the room, i'd probably do something similar. Oh, i'm so tempted now, but i dont have the room at all ^^; This is fun though, because i want to make a little roomish setup for my dolls. I just need to figur eout where XD

...I'm currently imagining the insanity that would be making something like that for SDs. I think that'd include dining room tables XD

13. I saw pictures of a doll "apartment" in BJD games selection. It was made in shelfs and I think it was for SDs. It was huge, but It would fit in a bigger room and there was a lot of dolls too, so 1 doll shouldn't be such big problem.
      Here's the link, I'm sure you'll get a lot of ideas here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77000

14. I'd like to build only a living room for my doll. That way I wouldn't really need wood or cardboards or anything like that, because that get's damaged with time and all your hard work will go down the drain. I don't have room for more than that either, seeing as though my boy is an SD, an entire house would be HUGE! And one more thing to clean... Which is never good if your lazy like me. :lol: Also I can't really afford the furniture right now, so it's a postponed project. :doh

I've seen photos on DOA of little doll rooms that are just to die for! They make me jealous :lol:

15. when i manage to get a bigger place or get my own house, i plan to make something out of wood so my dolls aren't raiding my dinning table and the top of my figure cabinet. but i have to wait, i just live in a small 1 bedroom apartment.

16. I have a shelf with Matt's bed on it. hung some posters up for him too. But Its pretty much decided that We will just share my bedroom. So my room is also his. I wouldnt want a dollhouse. I hated having dollhouses as a kid. I enjoyed making houses out of my bed and pillows more (:

17. I'm getting a Soom Godo, so SD sized.

I picked up a huge box today. I'll probably end up taking it all apart, but at least I won't run out of cardboard. lol. (Coming home with a box almost as tall as myself = scary for parents.)

18. My doll (wheni get her xD) is probably going to live on my bed, seeing as i dont have much room for her to go anywhere else.. and speaking of which, how tall are D.O.D dolls?

19. Ooo! Godo is such a great looking guy :D
      Yeah, taking it apart sounds like a good idea cause finding space would be hard :lol:

20. The top room looks great! I can't wait for you to finish the rest :)