1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dioramas and dollhouses???

Jan 8, 2006

1. My dolls have two roomsets, one either side of my bed, on top of my chests of drawers.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      I cut up my furniture and reassembled it to make it the size I wanted for the rooms to go on top of because I couldn't afford to buy the right size furniture!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. Wow! Scarlett Empress, what you've made for your dolls is really amazing! I wish I had the time and the space for a project like that. Maybe someday. :)

3. OMG Scarlett Empress fantastic job it looks so freaking real!

ETA: LOL my 777th post YAY :sumomo:, I missed my 666th one so at least :lol:

4. I love dioramas and dollhouses. It's so much easier to think big with the smaller sized dolls though. I have a dollhouse for PukiPuki. I have rooms for my 1/6 scale dolls (setup on platic storage shelves), I have rooms by my 1/4 scale Tonner dolls (setup on utility shelves). If I get an SD size, I'd like her to have a table top with bed, nightstand and chair. I figure she can have the whole house.

5. I would love to try and make a special place for my BJD's. Right now Lico just has a pillow and some stuffed animals on a table next to my bed.
      My biggest fantasy would having some sort of tiny little castle tower in the back of my livingroom, with her own bed and seating area. I don't really think I can get that done, but it's nice dreaming about it.

6. I don't have anything finished enough to show, but I got a shelving unit from Ikea (meant to be like a linen closet, so its way deep not shallow like a bookshelf) where my minis should have 3 rooms with overhead lighting built in. I need to get more furniture, though.

7. My msd just has a chair on top of my bookcase. The pukis have a little apartment on one of the shelves.

8. OOUUUUU peoples' doll space pictures are so cute!!!!!!! *screams*

9. That sounds so cool! Please upload pictures! That sounds awesome! :D

10. I have a set up of roomboxes for my minis laid out on 2 sofa tables. At first the sofa tables were behind my sofa and divided the dining and living rooms, but recently I moved the tables against the wall in my dining room for more space. I am running out of space though since I currently have a room for each of my 3 pkfs, a 1:12 scale dollhouse for my puki puki, a room (in the making), for my new ltf, and a daycare... I do live in a townhome and have an unused attic but I have small children and rather have my dolls close by where its easier to get to on a whim vs going to the 3rd floor.

11. I tend to think of this sort of thing as "temporary". I don't have enough space for a permanent dolly habitat, nor do I want every single person who enters my room to see my dolls having tea. Thus, I'm currently building a foldaway changeable set base for my dolls, that can be very simply customized to a variety of scenes, with all the furniture that I currently possess. It's flexible, and folds down flat and can be stored in my closet when I'm not using it. I'm all about economy of space. I also try to buy furniture that can be easily customized to a variety of different scenes so that I'm not crowding myself out of my own room with doll stuff.

12. I would love for my dolls to have a living environment besides their boxes which they live in. But I'm always afraid of yellowing of resin and UV rays, so I guess any roombox/house I get will have to be one that is able to close. One day, I hope to build a little bakery for my tiny dolls, so that I can go crazy sculpting gorgeous cakes and freshly baked bread for them!

13. Oldthreadisold.
      I wonder how big the dioramas and houses have to be? How high should the walls be for a Msd doll or yosd doll ? (I'd like to make several rooms which I could dock. But that's just a mind game. )
      I really would love to do an asian room with a futon and a kotatsu for Msd dolls and a childrens Room for a yosd doll.

Edit: Okay so I made a simple room base 70cm wide, 50cm high. ^^

14. I have a large craft room in my basement. It's divided between my dolls and my cake stuff(what I do from home, that lets me stay at home!) I have a dollhouse being wallpapered, a large ikea cube cabinet where my dolls live, plus 3 dioramas... Did I mention that I just started my life with bjd's!? I can't imagine where the is going to go in a few years. :-D

15. I make dioramas for mine. Then I put them on whatever shelf is most convenient when I'm not using them. Then they have their own space, but I don't need a huge doll house for them.

16. My tiny off-topic dolls have their own dollhouse, and my one and only MSD bjd does not have her own space yet. But they all tend to navigate to my computer desk and sit on top of the computer tower.

17. Fable's entire room takes up the top of one of my two dressers. It's perfect for fitting all her furniture in the way I want it, however I can't put anything on her walls. My Feeple60 girl is the only other doll who will have a full room to her own (simply because she'll be way too big for Littlefee stuff). Her room is going to be set up in the guest room/extra room in the house most likely because unfortunately the bigger the doll the bigger the room obviously.

18. I really want Nadeko to have her own room someday but for now she's like me, with nothing but a bed to call her own space (she lives on a pillow in the corner of a shelf in a closet where I keep basically all my stuff) - _ -;
      someday she'll have a nice room with furniture though

19. I keep thinking that I want to make or buy a diorama for at least my Minifee it's probably never going to happen. I would like to buy or make some random bits of furniture to have for her to hang out on, and have those around the apartment. I'd rather my doll be part of my world rather than pretending to be in her own little world, if that makes sense...