1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappointed with DoT Homme Ducan's default outfit...

Jan 27, 2007

1. I haven't recieved a response yet, but I decided to follow everyone's advice.

I will leave the pants on him (even tho it doesnt button) and hope it'll stretch and that I'll eventually be able to button them. I tightened the corset a lot to stretch the leather and that helped a bit. As for the hold in the back of his shirt, I just safety pinned and hopefully I can alter it with snaps of my own.

The belt was the toughest. I actually got some tools and try to pry the belt buckle a bit to get the belt through. Luckily through much pain and bruises I finally got the belt through.

Once again, thanks for everyone's input!

2. Wow, this is good to know. I'm considering getting this outfit for my boy. Lease now if it is a bit small at first I'll have so idea what to do.

3. From what I understand, EVERYONE has had these problems, and DoD has not given anyone money back or exchanged anything. Most of the outfit works with a little patience. We like to use peices of it XD I will say, however, that this is NOT an easy outfit to work with.

Everyone I've heard from, though, says this is NOT normal from DoD and it's highly unusual for it to be so off. I hope so, cause I like their outfits. <3

4. *GASP*

Well I recieved a response from DOD but all they did was ask for my order number which I stupidly forgot to add.

Even though it hasn't really resolved the solution, my spirits are boosted up greatly just from a response especially hearing that other people in my situation were unable to recieve a response.

Let's see what I'll get from them next...

5. That's probably because of their system blocking common email addresses so they never recieve them...
      DOD promise on their site to answer every emails, when I don't recieve a reply I try a different email and always get answers back~ ^^

6. I have bought a few outfits from DoD and they fit my boy really well for a luts boy....even thou its not DOD when i bought some luts shorts for KD ani they where very very hard to get on, on the real bad side his male part kept poping outXD, it took a couple months to stetch them out they work great now,
      But for you guys these are kinda major issues, if its really bothering you hound them for a replacement after all you payed for it.
      If you payed with paypal you should be able to go into your order history and get the order information you need, That also goes for credit card payment too

7. At first, I'm really feel unpleasant with the default drees. I also have same problems like you. Than I tried to sell it in a day. BUT!!!!....I change my mind now. The outfit look very sexy in a picture!!

I solve all problem by:

1. Up side down the turtleneck. (I think you put on a wrong side, sorry.) When pull the neck down, a hole is disappear. I had to re-sewing the metal in front of his turtleneck in a right position. Then it's OK.

2. The pant look ugly if you wear it alone. But if you wear with his corset. The back side of it will perfectly cover his buttock. I can't put a button too but (in a positive view) my freind think I intent to do. They said it catch eyes so much! Not too much fit because my boy can stretch his legs. Like this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Corset is show his lovely tummy. That's right.

4. Your muscle will strong because you have to try to put a belt in a buckle. But make sure it will work.

In my opinion, the outfit is work except the pant's button but I love it. ^__^//

8. Eep! I wish I would've seen this before I bought that outfit. I haven't received my Ducan yet, but now I'm a little worried. I know I can get the pants to stretch a bit, and if I have to, I shall reposition the buttons. Good luck! I hope you get a response from d.o.d. soon!

9. You need to just insist on a replacement outfit (different of course) a refund. That is very poor business. I sew for BJDs and if any of my customers have problems with anything I make a point of making it right.

10. Lol the pants were problematic D:

And when he sat down, the button in front popped open.
      Also, it seems like the turtleneck has different versions. The metal piece in front, for mine, is hanging from the very top of the collar, instead of where it's supposed to be.

11. I have the same outfit (though I bought it second-hand, not with the doll), and I know exactly what you're talking about with the belt and buckles. I can get them closed, but I had a HECK of a time doing it, and they'll only close to the first hole before getting totally stuck.

As for the corset - maybe you should do a little research on how corsets actually work. There's supposed to be a gap between the two sides, with the laces clearly visible in between. On a human, that gap (when laced as tight as it will go) is meant to be about 3-4 inches. So the gap in the Ducan corset isn't too big at all.

12. I'm actually shocked to know that the clothes DOD make for their dolls won't fit into their dolls!

I've heard so many problems with DOD, including late deliveries of dolls, sending out delivery notifications yet delivering the dolls weeks later, never reply to e-mail enquiries etc.

Together with this incidence, I'm further disappointed with DOD... :(

13. I believe this thread is a few years old, and therefore, most likely obsolete by this point in time. I haven't heard of any recent problems with DoD - only positive responses - so I don't think you'd have much trouble with them now.

Homme Ducan outfit problems seem to be quite legendary, though.

14. That's really surprising, I thought DoD is always great with their quality though I've heard about the tightness of Ducan's outfit.
      Mine had no problems

15. I only own one DOD boy, Kalix, And hes a DOI but I have three DODs on the way and I already have a homme Ducan outfit I dont have the shirt or the shoulder part...but I have not had issue with any of the other parts.. at least on my other dolls. LOL we will see when I get my DOT boy..

16. I quite agree with that.
      I got that default outfits recently, but still made me sooooooo disappointed.
      I bought many outfits from DOD, all of them are much much better than Ducan's.

I think most of DOD's outfits are good quality and I don't know why Ducan's so poor. I even wonder if this is not made by DOD clothing team.