1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappointment...

Jun 22, 2012

1. Ah, now that I can relate to and feel for you in your disappointment. I bought a doll and everything was fine. It was shipped and I waited. And waited. And waited some more. Long story short.. Canada Post sent her to the wrong P.O. (not the first time they've done it) and by the time I got there, they had mailed her back to the sender (doll company). Surface mail. Which never arrived. So, no dolly for me. That didn't endear me to CP in the least. I already had enough reasons to dislike them, that just topped it for me. Now, I have to admit I have some fault in this, in that I didn't email to get the tracking number until it was too late, so if I had been more diligent that way, I'd have got to the correct P.O. on time, but I wasn't. But, the other P.O. didn't send me any notice the package was there either, so they are more to blame. : /

LM

2. Right now I'm saving for a doll I want SO bad!! but his price is outrageous!! however, I'm so in love with this doll that I'm willing to pay the price once I save enough for him but right now I can't spend money on more dolls so I won't be able to get him until next year, hopefully! my fear is that he won't be available from the seller by that time and he's a limited doll, on top of it.

But if it doesn't happen, I will just deal with it and move on.

3. Ugh, I'm so scared of that happening with my MiniFee Chloe, who's on her way home now...because I couldn't bond with my first doll (who was a non-resin and off-topic)... I'm just so much hoping I'll love her. :S

Also, I'm still really happy to hear you guys' stories. I'm really hoping that this will somehow turn out for the best, as it did for a lot of you, and else I'll just try to get on with my life...I guess everything with the head just happened in a period when I was already so stressed out, that it was just the straw that broke the camel's back...

4. My biggest disappointment was when I was browsing around and ran across the D.O.D Black Luke and fell absolutely head over heels for him. He was my character Salem in the flesh (resin :P) as it were! I desperately desperately wanted this doll but it said sold out, and, whilst scouting around wondering if it would be possible to get him on the second hand market I found out that there was only ever one of him made. I was gutted :'(

5. I've had disappointments as far as not having the money when something I wanted came up for sale. I was so close to getting a head on the MP a couple of weeks ago, then my car broke down and I had to get it fixed. Stupid grown-up bills... I try to think of it as a quest.

I did have two major disappointments with doll purchases a few years ago, though, and ironically at the same time. I purchased a Crobidoll Gillian to shell a character because the photos on the site looked just like him.... At least they did from the angle they were taken at, which was pretty much straight on. I was so excited. But when I got him home? Ugh, the sculpt was aweful... The eyes were too slanty and he actually had a double chin. How does a resin doll have a double chin?!? I hated it. I ended up spending several hours whittling away at the resin to reshape it into what I thought I was getting to begin with. Sure he looks good now, but I shouldn't have had to go through that. The other disappointment was that the Crobi-M body he came on was just a terrible poser. In the longrun it turned out alright because it got me started on doing heavy mod work, but to lay out that kind of money on something that won't stand up and sits like its got a stick up it's @$$ is just messed up.

To give a little hope to people who are searching for that one elusive thing, don't give up hope! This isn't entirely on topic (but BJD-related in a roundabout way), but I once fell in love with a hand-made bear that, at the time, I couldn't even come close to affording ($125 and I was manking $6.00/h at my first real job). A few months later the shop it was in closed and I had no way of knowing who made it or how to get ahold of one. I never forgot that little bear that I love that had slipped away... that was thirteen years ago. :( Then I went to a doll and bear show last January - I go as often as I can to look for wig material and small-print fabric for my BJDs - driving all the way to San Diego (4 hours) in the hopes of finding something for my newly-acquired LittleFee El. At a table just inside the show was a vendor selling small bears just like the one I had missed! After talking with her, I found out that she had sold a few to the store I had been to so long ago, and I knew that this was the artist whose bear I had loved. I still remembered the color, and she had one that was very similar. One thing I can say about getting into BJDs is that it has really changed my perspective on cost. The artist told me the bears were the same price, $125, and I dropped it like it was nothing. I bought it for my LittleFee boy -- whom the artist had been holding and loving on the entire time I was admiring her bears -- and they've been inseperable ever since. This bear is a hand-made creation that I never ever thought I would ever see again and had looked for without hope for so long.... It took 13 years, a LittleFee, and a lot of luck, but I finally found that one special thing!

So don't give up hope, fellow collectors, even on those elusive LEs! Have a little patience. It took me four years to finally get my hands on an Akando head, coupled with a lot of disappointments and lamenting over the thought that I'd never find one when I could afford it, but it did finally happen! Enjoy what you do have, keep your eyes open, and quest onward!

6. My first grand disappointment was an elfdoll Sooah with a faceup that really caught my attention. I contacted the seller first, then I went to play mass effect for 3 hours. When I came back she apparently told another person she'd sell it to her. I told her I was serious about it and she just pretty told me too bad even though I was there first. I was pretty bummed out because while I was gaming, I had one of my dolls with me and at the time she was my only SD girl. I was like 'Yay a sister for her'. >_> Fail

Second disappointment was losing the volks lottery for Kakeru. I ended up finding a Kakeru but I also ended up selling him because that era brought back crappy memories. He's a cute fella though.

Latest disappointment was losing the volks lottery for Rise Kujikawa. I was waiting for the perfect dollfie dream for me. When they announced it, I was so happy because I'm a huge fan of the series. It ended up not happening. I found a more affordable DD for myself.

7. In 2007 I didn't buy the Marie Antoinette Val Zeitler collection and doll because at that time I didn't think I wanted a large doll. I wasn't married yet and tons of disposable income lol - still regret it to this day and that edition of Haute Doll gets thumbed through constantly :)

8. Disappointment usually involves dolls not looking like i expected them to (or photos made me believe they would) when i get them in person. at the moment i had one doll i am splitting and two dolls waiting to be sold. if a doll disappoints me like that, i never even add it to my 'family' list or put photos on personal accounts unless its ebay (i just got marketplace access here recently). if the doll is a disappointment, it will go straight back in the box until i can resell it in "like new" condition.

also very disappointingly, the 3 dolls i am thinking of right now are ones i was the most excited about and certain i was going to like. like i said, i don't even mention their names anywhere except when i put their sales up, most people don't even know i have them because to me they are just too disappointing and spending that much $$ on something that i such a letdown - i'd rather get my money back asap and try again.

also i should add: there's nothing objectively flawed about these dolls, i'm pretty sure some people out there would love to own them. i just thought they were 'my type' and then it turned out, once they arrived, that i was completely wrong.

9. I missed out on a doll I head I was looking for... normal sculpt, but it was being sold on the MP with an LE face up the company did, and I was in love with it. I may have PMed the seller too late, but... within a couple days of inquiring, the thread was but in the graveyard. So either it sold, or the seller changed their mind. I was quite disappointed, but... after a bit more searching I found the head I was looking for, and I couldn't be happier.

Just don't get too discouraged. It may be when you least expect it, but your chance to buy a doll or sculpt you want will present itself. Just gotta be ready.

10. To OP, I feel your pain on the Juri 08! She's one of my grail dolls also!
      It's really tough to lose out on a limited doll, because they only pop up every once in a while.
      But they do come out of hiding eventually! ;)

There have been dolls that have shown up on the marketplace I admired and I was bummed that I had just spent my cash on something else. I used to be sad about missing out out on some of the soom limiteds, but these days my tastes have changed and I'm going a different route with my collection.
      Life goes on without dolls, and even still I'm sure when I can afford it I'll have most of my dream dolls!
      (My list isn't super unreasonable to find)

Another thing that bummed me was when Luts had to cancel the delf line.
      There was some stuff I needed to get and a doll I really wanted.
      But I got her 2nd hand! I almost missed out because there was 2 people interested and who ever paid first got her. So I raced to get the money to the seller and now I have my girl Freya!

I couldn't get super attached to my older dolls, but now that I have her I know exactly what I want.
      I used to feel bad that I didn't really love my other dolls. But it's just part of the hobby.

I admit, looking back I regret selling my vampire shiwoo....I did cry when I wrapped him up.

But overall, Ive never had a major disappointment in the doll world. *knock on wood*

11. The little bear story made me a little bit teary eyed! :)
      You're right! Life is full or surprises and you never know when a doll or anything you missed out on will show up...even if it takes a long time! Some things are just meant to be, lol!

12. My very first dollie disappointment involved my very first dream doll. She was the Volks MSD Hisui, a standard issue at the time. It broke my heart when I found out that they phased her out, and I vowed to save up just to order her via FCS, all the while still hunting around online. I logged ito DoA one morning with the goal of hunting down a Volks SD head, but lo and behold, a sales post for a Hisui was posted just hours before! Iimmediately messaged the seller and I'm now paying for Hisui on layaway. :aheartbea I feel very lucky to have found her.

BUT that isn't the only dollie disappointment I went through.

I've been hunting for a Lati Yellow Suji (with or without the body) for a while now, and every time I come across a sales post in the Marketplace, I immediately message the seller. Many times, it was a sales post that was NOT updated, and I kept receiving the "Sorry, she's been sold!" reply. :(

I still haven't found her, and I don't know if I ever will. I'm tempted to put up a WTB, but I'm currently handling 4 layaways, so that'll probably add to the depression. If I find an available Suji head and I CAN'T afford to buy her, I'll probably get even more disappointed. :(

13. I had this once with a head with a OOAK face-up that was for sale, so I PM'ed a few times saying I wanted to buy it, but no reply. When I finally got a reply it was saying that it was sold and that my first PM didn't arrive. I felt absolutely miserable about missing out on the head. At the same time I was kinda shocked at just how disappointed I was.
      I really didn't like seeing that in myself so that got me thinking about it, as it made me uncomfortable. I mean yes, it is gorgeous, but come on... you know? You can't have everything that you want, it's not the end of the world etc.
      I think that that feeling of uncomfortableness with my own disappointment made me get over it pretty quickly in the end. I realised I didn't want that in my hobby, that it wasn't worth it to me to feel so bad about something in a hobby that is about good things.
      I promised myself to just keep looking out for the same mold with a beautiful face-up and I found one within a year. It's a different girl ofcourse, but gorgeous, so I am happy.

I know you can't always side-track what you want though, especially not if it is about a mold that you want and not a face-up. I always knew that the mold was available, just not the face-up.

14. My few total disappointments have involved dolls that I couldn't deal with at all when I got them. That doesn't happen very often, thankfully, as I am woefully easy to please - but oddly enough almost all of them have been limiteds that looked outrageously perfect on screen and just didn't do it for me in the least in person. And then there was the DiM Belita head that is a beautiful, beautiful sculpt but gave me the creeps when it was in the house. I have no explanation for that!

What is disappointing but in a minor way is when everything interesting shows up in the marketplace *at the same time*!! I just had this happen with two older heads that I'd loved for years but didn't own. One I found on ebay and laid my grabby hands on it as quickly as I could. The other came up here within hours of the ebay purchase, and was a much more expensive head. I had to get it! It was now or never, really.

And within a couple of days there were at least two more wishlist dolls up that I had to wrestle myself into not buying. Watch the matching body for the one head show up today or tomorrow... *sigh* It's back to school shopping time and I need new glasses. So many dolls, so few funds.

On the other hand: one of the things I love most about this hobby is the shopping part. Mostly its window-shopping, but why not? :)

15. Very disappointed right now. I order Shiva back in Dec of last year, and she has still not arrived yet. I e-mailed Soul Doll two times already, and they have not gotten back to me yet. I am also waiting for Kirin from Ring Dolls he was order back in March I am so getting to the point of stopping buying these doll I can't stand it.

16. When I first got going on this hobby I fell for Iplehouse's Freezia. The company face-up, the wig, the clothing,the eyes! She was flawless! However, after looking at owner pictures I knew that I would only enjoy Freezia if she came with the mobility joint which they had since stopped making.

Then, while popping around Iplehouse's website I saw that they were offering the mobility joint for the dolls again. My heart was pounding! I could finally get my dream girl!

Oh wait... They stopped making her.

:...(

I'm watching the second and market, but nobody is selling a Freezia NS with high heel feet and a mobility joint yet. I've kinda resigned to the fact that I won't get my grail doll.

17. Oh.. Sure, I know that feeling.
      I got my first doll Lichette, KDF Aru, in Feb 2010.
      I started browsing BJD sites, and I found LUTS, and there it was. My dream doll. She just was so.. I don't know, but I just had to get her! It took like 1-2 months to collect moneys. And when I almost had all needed money.. Sold Out. Then I started think, ''Hey, there is the NS version, they are still making, there's no reason why I can't like him.'' I forced my mind to love the NS version.
      When I got the needed money, Ws was in stock again. I was like ''omg.. wich one I'm going to select now..'' Well I selected the WS.
      --
      It's year 2012. And I don't still know what I would do with her. There is just doll named Lichette Aimeé Ai, with blond wig. Nothing else. Oh yeas, she have got face-up, but.. There's something missing, but what..
      I don't know.. But still, I can't sell her. I just love him too much..
      God know what I'm going to do with that doll.. :B

18. I think it was last week sometime when an ad in the Marketplace came up for a Delf Miyu and I have been pining for one so badly lately (even though I can't afford it at all). She was the perfect price for everything she came with, and was so perfect. I told my mom that it would be just this once that I would do something like this, then two dolls would satisfy me for a good while. Of course, my mom complained about me "wasting my money" and that "college is more important" (which it is at this point, but you know). So, one day, I checked the thread again and saw she had been sold. I knew I couldn't afford her, but I was so disappointed. Then I saw another thread, this one more expensive, and thought, "Well, she's been here for awhile, so she'll probably still be there." I found out a few days ago that she had been sold like a year ago and the seller never even took the thread down. Disappointment again. :(

19. My only disappointment was when I had to wait over a year for one of my dolls to be produced and shipped. I didn't even want the doll anymore. I took me six months after the doll arrived to start looking at face-up artists to commission because I was afraid of putting more money into a doll I might sell. After finally commissioning an artist and upon seeing the face-up photos, I am starting to regain some of that lost attachment towards the doll. I believe that there is a reason for everything. I gave up hope getting one of my grails and bumped the WTB thread for months when I finally got a message with someone who wanted to sell. So far, I have always gotten the dolls I'm after. I also tend not to look at the MP unless I am able to purchase, it tends to eliminate heartache over something that I can't buy.

20. I think my disappointment happens whenever I look at certain dolls and realize that they're sold out. I love dolls(both male and female) that SMILE!! I think that the brooding,sad or angry look is overrated,no offense to anyone with a doll that has that expression. I found a boy from migi doll and he was absolutely so sweet. He had a little smile and looked happy! However, when I looked to see if I could buy him, he was sold out! The same thing happened to a souldoll that I wanted. It's crushing to know that a doll you're in love with is sold out! :(