1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappointment...

Jun 22, 2012

1. Up date. I got my Shiva in the mail 3 days ago.:D But still a little disappointed. She really don't look like the doll that I order, and she has lines on her legs:( But feel that I will get over it. It took her 8 months to get to me, so I am going to have to just deal with it. When I get a chance I will add her to my pic. of dolls.

2. I've wanted a Pirate Ruki for years now. I got all the way to the end of the deal (funds were transferred) and the deal fell through. I was so upset. I did eventually find another one; it was a boy and now I struggle with changing it to a girl. I'm still spun from the whole experience.

3. My only real disappointments have come from discovering new and amazing dolls from threads on Den of Angels, only to track them down on their home sites to find they were limited editions. I hate that. XD

4. I easily get disappointed by proportions and size. I'm very picky about it.
      I was disappointed when I realized a msd doll can never look adult next to a sd doll and a yosd doll with very tiny head can never look like a child next to sds with big heads.
      Sure, one can photograph it so that it looks okay, but in real life you can never get rid of the disproportion. T_T
      Once I realized this it was like glas who shattered. It now cannot be unseen for me. /sigh

5. I think my first disappointment was when I PMed a seller on here asking about a doll I really liked. She was supposed to be sending pictures of some damage but sold to somebody else instead without even notifying me. It was a few years ago now.

6. I wanted a souldoll chiron centaur as my first doll. I was saving up the money, and JUST when I had enough, the doll was sold out due to the mold breaking. I was devastated. Luckily I found him later on a website, but still. When this happened 3 years ago, I was almost in tears XD

7. My biggest disappointment was buying my second doll. I was buying my second doll (and now last doll) right after my mother died in an attempt to make myself feel better. Instead of abiding by the layaway agreement, the person decided to extort the rest of the payment out faster than I felt comfortable paying and faster than what was agreed upon by threatening not to sell me the doll that I searched a long time for. I should have refused the doll and accepted the refund but because of all that was going on, I stupidly paid out of my emergency savings. I got the doll in the end so I couldn't leave negative feedback as per the forum rules. This was supposed to help me with my depression but instead made it worse because that doll has been sitting in the box for 6 years since he has bad memories attached to him. I love that doll but I can't even get the motivation to do anything with him now. It pretty much ruined the hobby for me though I still hang on to him with some hope I'll be able to get over it.

8. You should try to do something with that doll then....Make new memories be it a new face up, sitting with him give it a try but if you really don't wanna touch him then maybe see instead of selling trading for a doll you REALLY desire.

For me my disappointment was falling out of love with a sculpt I loved after being basically told to shut up and never talk about it again.

9. I was disappointed when I found out about Crobidoll Cheshire Kitten Lance after his sale period, when he was going for 2x his original price second hand. Then they released Forgotten Lance, whose outfit I love more, and all was well.

I was disappointed with Zacari for several years before I realized the problem: I wanted a girl, not a boy, for this sculpt. New body and she is perfect.

Current disappointment is finding a body I like that is at least close to a resin match for Soom baby pink.

10. I found a Lati Cat Lea and although her price was the steepest I would pay, I finally finished paying her off via layaway. Somehow she got lost coming to Hawaii from France. Per tracking info she somehow ended up in Tennessee. The seller told me she tried to rectify it then stated it was found then somehow she was still missing. I thought she was insured but she wasn't. She ended up compensating me with some clothes, a wig and a basic Lea head. I still feel guilt over wasting money that could've gone to something else and blame myself for it.

11. I was a little disappointed when DIM stopped making their Honey (Mature tiny line) and the vampire girl sold out before I could afford one. I got my DIM Honey Alana and I ADORE her. It's OK the other one got away, because the one I did get is so lovely. I have a Real Puki whom I love, but the posing of such a tiny doll is rather frustrating. She's a bit kicky and doesn't stand well without a magnet under her feet. At least that means I know I want no more than two of them, so more money for other dolls! I recently paid for a tan Puki from Fairyland, and then Pipos released those adorable purple baby chesires! Ah well, I'm not sure how a chesire would fit into my story, and I can't wait to have Lilith (the puki) in my hands.

12. At the time, my biggest disappointment was missing Volks Lieselotte. After that, I tried eight different times to buy her from sellers, second-hand, but each time something would happen- either she was already sold, I was just too short on cash, or something else.

Finally, though I have two Lieselotte's, ^_^

Other disappointments have been, like people have said, missing Lotteries, and loosing parcels in the mail. :( Oh well!

13. My biggest disappointment was on the 2 face up artists I sent my Chiwoo to like 3 years ago. The experience was horrible and to make a long story short, my boy was away from me ONE year!!! I thought I would never see him again and i cried a lot, I missed him a lot and I swore that I will never send my boys away to face up artists ever again (even though there are wonderful artists out here) and I will do the face ups from now on.

My 2nd disappointment and last (hopefully) was on the "grail doll" I always wanted. I got him just to feel like "meh" when I saw him >_< I was disappointed because I saved a lot for him and waited almost a year to get him but I didn't like him when I had him in my hands. He was sold. :(

14. My biggest disappointment... well, I'm sure it's not the last, but as of right now, it's the fact I missed my chance to get a bronze Soom Clozel. The second I saw Clozel's sculpt with her original release, I fell in love - and desperately wanted her in bronze. When the free choice event rolled around, I was completely broke and had absolutely no way of coming up with the funds, even for a layaway. Now I'm mostly heartbroken at the thought there might not even be a bronze Clozel out there, much less eventually able to track one down secondhand.

15. My most recent disappointment was not being able to get an IH Jessica. I found one for like $500 with a custom faceup. She sells for like $650 blank from the company. But I was in the middle of our seasonal layoff and the buyer wouldn't accept more than a month or so layaway. Totally understand but it makes me kind of sad b/c I've wanted a Jessica since the moment I saw her.

16. I ordered a Minifee A line girl in December. On impulse I chose the soo Dark elf head sculpt. After doing much needed research I realized I wanted something else. It was a little less of a month later when I inquired to Fairyland that I would like to change the head, if possible. They accepted my request and I went about my day. So later on I decided I WANTED a Marcia, badly. I finally found the doll I REALLY wanted for my first. I figured I would inquire to Fairyland again, hoping but definitely not expecting them to change. I figured since they were so backed up, it might be possible. Turns out, it was possible but they told me my processing time had to start from day 1. I had to make the decision to get a doll I really like but don't love or wait it out to get the one I love. I decided to accept the longer processing time.

I realize it's not a huge deal and definitely my indecisive fault but ugh....I'm going to be waiting until May probably. 5 months feels like forever >.<

Vent end. :)

17. I was hoping for a long time that Souldoll would re-release their four-armed Shiva in grey skin, but they never did. While I was taking a break from the hobby, as I do from time to time, they actually sold her again for a limited amount of time, and I only noticed that some weeks later, when I was coming back. Of course the order period was done again, so now I'm hoping for a re-re-release. :sweat

18. My disappointments tend to be that the doll companies don't sculpt the things I want LOL LOL - as in, for instance, why were the Soul Doll Stars 60 cm instead of 70cm dolls!!!! etc. Volks continually disappoints (that's just being PC actually) due to the labyrinthine process to get a doll from the company. I get them from other people thank you very much but still....I'd like to be registered as a Volks owner for at least ONE doll!!!!! I've been disappointed when certain dolls suddenly get discontinued RIGHT when I've no $$$$ LOL
      But I've been lucky about getting grail dolls off the MarketPlace - and when Soom put Hyperon up last year in their choice event I thought the heavens opened up for me - never expected that!!!! So it all balances :D

19. It an old disappointment when I was looking for Volks Hinata. As people know, this lil angel price is crazy,
      that is why I always lost for bidding on Y!J. I think I let around 10 Hinatas pass and I was trying for about a year until I got a good offer at affordable price on DoA! There was once a good offer for Hinata head from someone I know but I take too long thinking, so she sold the head to another buyer that day :(

20. What disappointment on doll hobby you asked :

1. Watching mold I really like but I can't afford it right now and it's limited in short time :| or even, because it's too expensive , beyond my spending limit for this hobby

2. Losing in bidding (Y!J Auction) for the doll / parts I've been looking for

3. Getting criticism by non-doll community on how I spending and the way they don't understand doll as a form of art. Calling my doll silly names.