1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Disaster! Must evacuate! Will your dolls go with you?

Jun 29, 2008

1. I was at work/school . sitting in the computer lab, we smelled smoke(but didnt know it was smoke) then the fire alarm went off and the police came in screaming for us to leave, as soon as I heard the fire alarm I grabed my stuff and looked at my boyfriend(it was his shift) and said we need to get out. when something like that happens you really dont have any time to think. if that had happened at my home, I would grab my cat my dog and my hard drive is it was close then go stand outside. I dont have my doll yet but I imagine she would be near me anyway.

2. yes, they will

3. If it's an evacuation because of a disaster, I'd have enough time but if it's an emergency...I don't know...
      I don't think I'd be able to carry 15 of them at once... :'(
      Just thinking about it makes me incredibly sad....;-;

4. If I had time I'd - after saving people and animals - I'd grab my son's baby pictures, my external harddrive, (where I have back-up of everything really important) and then my dolls. And then some drawings I did and stuff like that.

Everything that was just a matter of money I'd leave behind because I have a pretty good insurance.

Dustbunnie

5. If it was something like a tornado and I had to move quickly, I would grab my doll only if I was already in my room. If I had time to pack, my cash, laptop, doll, and a few super sentimental things that I own would be taken with me. I would make sure my parents and brother were safe first, though. However, as for pets, my only pet is a fish in a large fishtank, so he would most likely be left behind because there would be no way to move him. DX

6. I've been evacuated because of floods twice in my life, though both times we lived upstairs on hills so it wasn't a huge worry about water damage.
      However, in an pre-warning evacuation and I could get some things out, I'd grab:

* Mom,Sister
      * Cat
      * Purse
      * Laptop
      * Doll
      * Flatscreen Monitor/PS2

Because the last four are expensive and important to me, but they would be at the bottom of the list after family, pets, and important papers/items like my wallet with ID/Cards/Ect.

If it were a SUDDEN emergency evacuation (which we've been in too), I'd grab:

* Mom,Sister
      * Cat
      * Purse

And if I managed to have time, anything else I could pick up on the way, but generally in those situations it's about time and getting out as fast as you can. If a/the doll was close at hand, I'd grab em, but if it meant choosing doll over, say, cat or purse, it's no contest sadly.

Also, someone mentioned something about what you would grab in someone ELSES home. If it were someone elses home that we had to evacuate, obviously I'd grab my purse first, and if they needed help finding a pet I'd help. If they knew what they needed to grab, though, I'd probably try to help by grabbing one or two of their dolls so that they'd have one less thing to worry about.

7. well we just had our fire alarmed pulled, and my boys( 2x cat) were number one, dollroom door closed( lol!) and i never looked back. went back apres, just a glitch, but i thought of how little material things did matter, dolls included, we love em, but it can all be replaced. cats cant.

8. That depends on how much time we'd have. Like when the tornado alarm goes off, I usually have enough time to grab stuff.

But if there were a fire or something, it'd be 1. Family Safe. 2. Pets safe. 3. Grab clarinets, dolls, and laptop.

To be honest, the clarinets would probably take priority because first, I'm a music major, and second they're much harder to replace than dolls. Even with the laptop, I have a .mac account, so anything important would already be backed up. When you order dolls, there isn't going to be a drastic variation between different copies of the same sculpt. With musical instruments, they're can be, so they'd be a pain to replace.

9. well truth be told....i know my family can take care of themself, so
      1) my doll
      2) Laptop

and that it, anime/manga can be replace,but really i spent to much time with my boys, to let them be gone, replacing them is meaningless.

this is where, a large suitcase with wheels come in handy!!!!! Big enough to toss all of my boys/their clothes etc in, and out in...second. Since they all stay at the same place

10. I don't yet have a doll, but pretty much the save-list would be my parents, doll, then laptop. I mean if your BJD is pretty much a part of your family, it's only right that you take them with you.

Though my boy won't leave my side. XD

11. I am really surprised how any people will grab their computer! We had a dorm fire when I was in London. Most peopel lugged their laptops and pillows and purses and every other thing not bolted down. That stuff seems so easily replaced! Computers? Video game systems? Heck, a fire would be a valid reason for me to get a new computer anyway! I'd leave all that just so I wouldn't have to carry it. Dolls, however, are really hard to replace, and even if you CAN replace it, it isn't your doll. If my sd13 Cyndy is lost and I get a new one, she would NEVER be "Sophie" to me.

(In my case, it was 3 am and I didn't grab anything. My dolls were back in the USA and everything else I had, clothes/credit cards/books/laptop, could be replaced with a few phone calls. You never know what you will do until you are in that circumstance, but it was really frightening to see how long it took some people to evacuate 'cause they were too busy grabbing stuff. Someone in my dorm took the time to STEAL stuff during the process. They snatched my Ipod, jerk. If it something you have time for, like a hurricane or wildfire, yeah, plack your stuff, but when time is tight, please just get out danger...)

12. Family first, then important irreplaceable documents. Then dolls.

13. Like most other people, if it was a forced evac for a coming disaster then I'd pack them. But for something like a fire, it would be my cats(hope to gods that I actually find and catch all 4) and the dog(if the fire happens at night when she's in her kennel). If my parents are in the house they'd probably get the dog themselves and any cats in the vicinity.

I don't consider the dolls I have replacable(in fact they're limiteds in one small way or another), but when all is said and done they're more replacable than my family.

14. Family > Pets > Dolls. But if I had time or a choice, they'd absolutely come with me.

15. I'd have enough trouble getting the dogs to safety. They're very unorganized. :P

If I grabbed the dogs and still had time, I'd probably grab the ipod. The dolls would be out of luck, even though I'd be devastated.

16. I have always thought about and dreaded such a situation. If it were something I was being told to evacuate for and had forewarning I'd definitly pack them as they are my most prized and valuable material posessions. That's saying something considering I'm a collector of many things cheap and expensive. If it were a direct threat situation such as tornado flash flood or fire my top priority is of course the living, considering I live with my husband and one other person they would be that top priority, but I think if I were passing the dolls on my way out, as in I see them and it clicks OMG THE DOLLS! I would grab what I could and go, becuase trust me there's no way i could take them all. My husband has said before I'm his top priority of course but the dolls are something he definitly would want to be able to save if he was able to.

17. Difficult to say, if it was an actual right on the spot emergency where I would have to leave at that very second, I have absolutely no idea how I would react. I mean, I would like to think I'd at least save Fakia if not all three of my guys after securing my Chihuahuas ( and sketchbook )under one arm, but people react all kinds of different in times of panic so I won't really say yes or no since I've ( thankfully ) never been in that type of situation.

But if it was sort of an evacuation type thing where I'd at least have 5 minutes to scrape things together, then I'm pretty sure my boys would make it along with my dogs. I have one doll box that Prince came in that wouldn't be hard at all to quickly plop all three of them in and take with me.

Though as someone asked earlier, if it was someone elses doll that was currently staying with me..well, seeing as I'm currently doll-sitting right now, I'm actually pretty sure that even in a state of panic I would remember to grab him. My guilt wouldn't allow me not to >.>;

18. Would if I could but I have animals to get out of the house first if there is a fire. I do regular drills with my animals just so I don't get rusty at it...you only have one chance.

Hurricane or some other event you can prepare for, best believe I'm packing up animals, dolls, laptop, and anything else afterwards. Number one: I do a lot of disaster work so I always have some place to go and my animals as well. Number two: My parents live in a nice house across town with excellent drainage and disaster-resistent housing, and it is expected that should I need to evacuate my own home I will go to theirs with my animals in tow. I have yet to do so, but I know how it will be.

My renters' insurance that I buy has a rider that covers the dolls, but I'd rather have THEM, and they're too big of an investment to abandon in anything but the worst case scenario.

19. Yes, I would, I have a plan for evacuation in my house, and each of us living in the house have chosen what we would be taking what we keep closest to us. My plan, the only thing I'm taking are my dolls, and well my dolls. Nothing else is going to be taken. And once I can, I will be putting my dolls most likely under home insurance (once I actually have to pay for home insurance and have a actual job)

20. I suppose it is part-and-parcel with living in a potential earthquake zone, but actually - yes.

We have disaster bags prepared to go at a moment's notice and tend to pack up Helane and Verina (only the two) each night (actually, we keep the others at work so ^^) each night exactly with the the thought of evacuation in mind. Not having children, pets or other issues more pressing we can afford this act of salvation I think.

Not that I actually abjure such matters however.

Yuko.