1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Disaster! Must evacuate! Will your dolls go with you?

Jun 29, 2008

1. In an imdediate emergency my priority would be my kids. After that my dogs. I seriously doubt I could get the dolls out.

Now in a planned evacuation type situation yes I would pack the dolls along with other important items such as the dogs vaccination papers, the boys favorite toys, ect.

2. My parents can take care of themselves. Me, I'd grab the dolls. The pets are outside, but we could crate them and off we go, everyone safe! But we don't get those here, thankfully.

3. I have been thinking about this a lot lately as well...

First of all, I got my dolls by doing CHORES. Ten bucks a week. Dx So my dolls are important to me and would be REALLY hard to replace on my own again... If we had time, and were told and everything, I wouldn't have a problem. You know, just pack them up along with some other stuff and then move on out.

But if it was right away, I would FOR SURE make sure my family and pets were safe first... But since my doll is with me [or almost in reach of me] a lot, I dun think it would REALLY be a problem...

It gives me shivers just thinking about it.*_*

But actually, if we were, like, in danger or something.. I might forget all about my boys, with all the trying to get the pets and family out of the house or something... :sweat :o

4. When i was a freshman in college, every other night some idiot would pull a crank fire alarm. So after a bit we started to ignore it.

And as it would happen the one month I had rescued a kitten into my room (hidden from the RA) the alarms go off in the middle of the day. I typically ignore them (I know its bad but when you hear them every day just about they are just white noise), but this time I saw the air duct pouring out black smoke.

I Immediately grabbed a dufflebag and snatched the kitten from under the bed (she immediately went hiding when I tried to grab her quickly) putting her in the bag and zipping it shut, I could only think at that time to grab my purse and for some stupid reason Stephen Kings book "IT"*_*.

I then ran out into the halls with the other residents (I was on the 4th floor in a 6 floor dorm) and we fought the thick smoke in the stairwells and out onto the lawn.

Needless to say it was started cause some Idiot (unfortunately she had the same name as me but lived on the 2nd floor) left a lit cigarette in her mattresses when she went to class that day.:doh

But to get back onto topic.. The things I grabbed in that case were my kitten, my purse and I dont know why but a book (Had I owned Pinkie my KDM MSD I probably would have snatched her on the way out the door instead of the book.. but who knows for sure). There really is no time for thinking when such emergencies happen, most of this stuff just happens with instinct.

5. Even though I'd LIKE to say I'd take my boys with me.
      I'd probably be to busy spazzing out about the crisis, and I'd most likely grab my scottie stuffed animal [has a big meaning to me] and maybe my alligator one. xD Then my pets? Cause that's family..

But I remember we had a tornado warning so I took my boys down to the basement with me.. even though that probably wouldn't help seeing we have a half basement

6. The dogs are first, husband is on his own. The dolls are screwed:( Anyone have insurance on their dolls? I have about 300 action figures and other collectables along with the BJD's---many of them are no longer made. With all the disasters in the country it has me thinking about insuring the collection.

7. Actually I don't have any friends with bjds -yet- but if I did and one of their dolls was with me I think it would feel more important- that is, if the owner was not there to decide for themself what to do about the doll.
      Though I think that would go for anything valuable or important that was under my care but did not belong to me.

8. well depends on how dire the situation is =) and how long i have to get out.
      1.make sure everyone is alright
      2.anything that would come in handy (such as torch, first aid and stuff)
      3.possesssions =) that would include my doll, camera, photos, phone and stuff XD and everything else that i can manage to carry..hehe~

9. Here in CA the only thing we really need to worry about are earthquakes, and those are so sudden that if a big one happened I'd probably get trapped in my house WITH my doll[if I didn't die, of course. x3 ] so no worries there. x3;;
      There are fires also, but those are usually only in the summer and are almost always forest fires, and I live a good few miles away from any kind of open wilderness kind of area, so... I'd be okay. x3;

I DID have a fire scare last summer, though. There's a verrry big empty lot about fifty feet behind my house and it caught fire. Almost the whole field burned down and the flames had alllmost crossed the street when the firefighters finally came. Dx Needless to say, it was pretty dang scary. We went outside to the front of the house for about ten minutes when the fire got close to the street, and the first things I grabbed were my cell phone, my nintendo DS, and my doll. Dx Maybe I should get my priorities a little straighter... But everything turned out okay. x3;;

10. I live alone (right now), so the first thing that i would grab is my doll, since I always keep him inside the carrier, he is the easiest to carry, then stuff all the clothes and shoes that i can in my "stand bay" travel bag, (i travel a lot so most of the time my travel bag is full of clothes or ready to be packed at a short notice), then my laptop, and if i can skill carry some more, my PC's Hard drive or CPU ( I work for an IT company so the files are very important ) :P.

I think the same goes if I was still living with my family, I'll just grab the doll bag and swing it behind my back, then grab my Grandmother, the rest of my family would do the same. Thankfully our dogs are trained to follow and protect my grandmother where ever she goes, so that's no problem.

I think my dad would want me to save the doll as well because we can sell him if things get tough during the evacuation or after the disaster. T_T

11. Yup, there is a bit of a hierarchy of who goes first, Xavier, Bram, Dad, don't want to have to think about it, but if worse comes to worse I start beheadding. Can always get new bodies.

12. We had a tornado pass a couple of miles away. I took my one full doll and he took the laptops down to the basement and we watched part of a movie until the storm passed.

I thought about taking my doll parts but they were in Torrie's box and not easy to carry besides a lantern. So they stayed up top.

13. I'd make sure my fiance was safe, then I'd grab my laptop and my dolls. They're the three most expensive things I own- everything else can be replaced. There's no replacing Aidan and Lily.

14. First of all I'd grab my dog Simba, then my purse and then as many dolls that I could fit under one arm :lol: So yes, I'd try to get at least some of them out if it was possible.

If I had just one choice it would be my dog. He's like my child or something. (There aren't just crazy Catladies, I'm a Crazy Doglady).

15. Hmm. I'm not so sure the dolls would neccessarily come with in an emergency. For me, it would be: Parents, pets, laptop, purse, then my dolls. Oh, and my cars would be out first too. If I had time, like I do when there's hurricanes here, I'd probably put them in their carrier and stuff them in the car with everything else.

16. I recently went through this with a fire evactuation, but we decided to stay at home and hose the house down. my laptops and hard drives were ready to go, I didnt have a doll, I have expensive guitars and instruments I never thought to take :(.

Basically take what cannot be replaced, after that take whats the most expensive and smallest until you can take no more!

17. This is an easy question to answer...

While I do care about my doll collection very much...I also still do know what is important in life and thats our children, my husband (he would want me to secure our boys first before him) and I would also grab my little 5lb Maltese Oliver at the same time...putting him inside my shirt if I had too and try my hardest to get our cat Remus too, but you know how cat's are...he might hiding. But I would definitely come back for him if humanly possible. Nothing is more important then people and pets. Most everything is replaceable...except family pictures...so that would be the only thing that I would sorely miss if they got destroyed.

Oh and I would trying grabbing my purse too, if possible.

18. If it was like a hurricane or something, where you have advanced warning, I would definitely pack up as many as I can - I'd at least get all my favorite dolls & outfits. But, if it were like a tornado or a fire, I'd just want to get my parents and my dog out in time. In the case of a tornado though, sometimes you know there is a good chance of having one even up to a half an hour before it it really hits. In that case, I would take at least my very favorite 2-3 dolls in the basement. I have done this in the past (luckily we never really got the tornado, even though there was a warning!). But I have a lot of dolls, so I think in either situation it would be super hard to save them all :( In any case, any living creature will win over my dolls. And saving my artwork would probably be slightly ahead of them on my list of priorities as well. They'd probably be next after that.

19. I'm like most everyone else. In a hurry, I'd make sure my husband was out and one of us would grab the dog, and I'd grab my purse. If my laptop was nearby, I'd grab that, too. If I had a little time, I'd grab Olivia, my laptop, my OOAK Am. Model with the complete 1874 costume I made. And my ipod, if it isn't in its usual place in my purse. My dolls are counted in the homeowners insurance, along with art and antiques, but I realize I need to update my pictures of them.

20. my dolls are conveniently located so that I could just snatch them up on my way out =)