1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Disaster! Must evacuate! Will your dolls go with you?

Jun 29, 2008

1. If I had to evacuate I wouldn't take my dolls. They are just too cumbersome.

Children/spouse
      Pets
      photos/laptop
      food and clothes

I'd probably be lucky to get this together.

2. because I am so cheap I would at least bring the ones I am selling (don't want to have to refund the buyers ^^; )
      I would probably shove my personnal dolls in a big bag. without caring of protecting their faceups and getting their all their stuff. just wanna keep my babies ;___;

so yeah, if something bad happens and I must live in a hurry I'm still running to my room and throwing my precious things in a big bag. be it a garbage bag xD it would take only a minute :)
      I'd throw the cats in the bag too xD;;

pets and dolls are the only thing I would bring. my mom would get a laptop and the cats (so already a bit less job for me) and money. I don't know about my dad (surely he'd also help with the cats) then everyone jumps into the car! I would have to worry about 2 cats only (we have 7)

edit: my dad makes me depressed "if there is an emergency, you're not bringing your dolls! no time! you'll re-buy new ones (my dolls are limited editions <.< ) and no time for the cats either!!! (uhm what??? .__.;; )"

3. It really depends if I got the time to evacuate. Chances are, this is my priorities:

1. My phone (Yes, I'm not going anywhere without it)
      2. Money
      3. My BJDs (Grab the SD box and throw everything in there)

If I can go for 2nd turn, I'll go for my favourite plushy and clothes. Maybe even CPU too. XD.

4. It depends.

A fire? Certain ones are going with me as quick as possible. If the fire is at the other end of the house from me, I'm grabbing the laundry basket and shoving them all in...and with 60, that's a feat! Otherwise, certain ones only.

Anything else that can be planned for? All are going. Then again, the only thing we have to worry about is a fire. *knocks on wood it doesn't happen*

Well, fire and someone running into the house that is.

5. I'd still try to take my dolls, if I was able to. If there was a fire, and I wasn't home, it would be a real tragedy - I would hope that someone was home to take our cats out. No doubt, I'd be sad that my stuff didn't survive, but losing a cat I can grantee would hurt more.

But if there had been a fire (I might've answered this already, but...) and it was small enough that we could put ourselves together before we left, or any disaster that allowed us to prepare, I'd get a big bag, put in my electronics, some clothes, and squeeze my dolls in, too. There are only two, so I wouldn't have to choose. I'd have to leave their clothes, though. Although, if it was a big emergency - like huge, end-of-the-world flood, or natural disaster, we'd probably take a lot more.

6. After my family and my cats, my dolls would be the first thing I would grab if there was an emergency...all my photos are online, and while I enjoy my jewelry and books and such, those things are much more replaceable than my doll family...so yes, my boys would be my top priority after all living things had reached safety during an emergency..

7. After my Mom, He'll be the next one! xD