1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discontinued Soom Super Gem Basics

May 18, 2010

1. I can't be the only one to think they are toying with their customers. I just hope they have at least one male Super Gem in CW for their MDs. I need to snag a body for my Sphaler head and the MD splits are about the only way I could afford it.

2. I had a feeling that this was going to happen, their MD are really selling well, and maybe they want to concentrate on making them only?? Who knows a companies reasons for doing so, but they may suprise customers with a better body and new heads soon.

3. I sure hope so! Don't get me wrong, I love my Spinel, but his elbows drive me insane! Also, give the poor guy a butt! :)

4. I just managed to get a second hand Spinel on the MP, but would have needed more time to save for him direct (shipping & Customs Tax!), bit of a shock when you have been lusting after a doll for 18 months and suddenly find he's been discontinued. I know lots of people are really surprised and upset that the SG boys are going!

5. You should probably contact Soom on the Q&A about whether or not Dia will be available in the fall. I did about Spinel and their response was that they will probably discontinue him as early as August. I'm truly devastated. :( Spinel is my dream doll. He's the one I should have gotten first, but couldn't afford. I've been saving slowly, oh-so-slowly, but I keep being bad and buying dolls on the side (a head and three tinies)... I did that because I figured he'd still be around for a long time to come (which is actually what they told me when I asked about it less than a year ago... they said they didn't plan to discontinue him :|)... now I'm heartbroken. I may miss out on my chance to have the doll I want so bad, the doll who is the reason I got into this hobby in the first place.
      I know I could keep an eye out on the marketplace, but I want to order him from the company. I want him new and I want him MINE. I don't want a 2nd hand doll (nothing against 2nd hand, my Lu-Wen vamp head is 2nd hand). :...(

I'm trying desperately to scrape together the funds at a time when I may be looking at financial hardships in the months to come (I lost my job due to budget cuts in the school district... where-oh-where did that million dollars go? :|)... I can probably do it with money I get for my birthday in June (my parents are not financially needy, but I hate asking them for money, though they do send me a decent birthday paycheck, since they know my hubby and I are kinda poor), but I doubt I can afford to keep his body...

Why, Soom, why??? :x

6. Ah agree so much & there is more than that !!! ... , I asked them in Q&A about super gem line & Lazule about 1-2 weeks before the discontinue notice (I think 6 May) ... I asked them a question about their monzo MD torso & as I was worrying about the SG line I also asked them; if the super gem line will be available for the next 1-2 months , I said to them that I am specifically interested in Lazule and I was pretty clear that I wanted to buy one , I also said that if they have any plans to discontinue the line to tell me please because I'm interested in Lazule ... They responded only about the md and completely ignored the other questions , they didn't responded about Lazule nor super gem .. I got suspicious and immediately ordered a Lazule! ... but it was like they didn't care to sell a Lazule or worse to make me feel that super gem will be always there so to choose the md instead ... but I was wiser than that ...
      about 10 days later I saw this notice... well they sneaked up on me but I was more suspicious and lucky ...
      .... I believe that they didn't posted a notice before and they didn't responded to me because this would make super gem sell like crazy for those 2 weeks left for them & cut off some sales from monzo ...
      it's obvious why many people got md's instead of the basics, they were given the feeling that basics will be there but "hurry hurry to get this md now" ... I don't think people preferred md's or that super gem wouldn't sell to give profit to soom , or that soom made this decision because of sales (soom didn't care to sell the basic super gem as I saw) .. I think they just prefer to make and sell limiteds, it's their choice & I respect that even if I don't like it but I have a bad view of their way to do it, their behaviour & the lack of notices & responses etc etc etc ..
      I still believe they should have responded to my question about Lazule , I bought it anyway of course so no harm done, but not even responding to my question It was low move from them and gave me a very bad view of them.

7. I'm frustrated right now :(

Soom did say I could do a six month layaway just this once... but I'm not even sure if I can afford that! Being out of work really sucks! I'll be getting birthday money most likely, and I'm expecting money to be returned from the retirement program I was enrolled in at my previous job... and I'll be getting a little unemployment money... but these things are uncertain! I am worried that if I enter into a six month layaway, that something will happen to prevent me from making all the payments....

I wish they would wait to discontinue him until December or something! :(

8. @Kelaria: I hope everything works out for you! Spinel is a lovely guy.

@Agnes-Agatha: With Soom's track record of rock-bottom customer service, is it really all that surprising?

9. Kelaria: I know just how you feel....I love Spinel too and would have saved like mad for him if I'd have known he was being discontinued!!.....and starting a long Layaway is very scary, I would be worried I didn't have the money in my paypal in time...in fact I wouldn't be able to sleep till he was paid in full!....now I'm just praying I will get some cash to buy him very soon.

10. *sigh* I guess I'll comb the MP for a CW Super Gem body. . . if I still want one by the time I have the money. :|

11. It's too bad you don't want a normal skin body! I need a taker for a normal skin Super Gem body so I can get a Spinel head.

12. Yeah, I need one for my floating CW Sphaler head. :sweat

13. oh you are so right !!.. sadly.. it is not surprising at all ...