1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of Ocean Moon - Shou-Ryu

Mar 22, 2007

1. AHHHH I received Shou-ryu today I made a fast pic! I don't have a body yet but I'm gonna put him on my girl body to take more pictures of him wearing a wig!

I got him with these beautifull grey eyes I luv him he's really hansome in person luv his nose!

Well here ye go:

[​IMG]

^_~ Will post more pics soon!

2. Could you tell me about his resin colour? The first batch Shou-Ryus were really yellow in colour, but he doesn't look like it's that bad. How is it in person?

3. He's not yellow at all I have made pictures on my SD13 girl pureskin body who's a year old I think and his skin was a bit lighter than the body. But that could also be because of the MSC coat. So resin matches fine.
      I made some pictures with daylight and I didn't have to photo-shop the pictures. Although the skin looks very warm it was actually lighter in person I could have fixed it in photo-shop but I like the warm look.

Here are pics:

Thsi picture show best the difference in skintone but it's hardly noticable in person:
      [​IMG]

I posted other pics in the gallery section you'll see the skintone matches fine:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128811

I am so happy with this boy he's so beautifull O_O..who would have geussed I could actually be smitten enough by a boy head to actually adopt one! Dunno why I like this head this much..it's almost strange =_=..so this is what people mean love at first sight hahahahaha. Never mind me I'm blabbing because I'm happy I saw a picture of my Kun'sface-up and Shou-ryu arrived and it's my birthday friday..and Shou-wie was my birthday present ^_^. So this week is perfect!

4. Oh wow! what a beautiful face!!! Hmmm :)

5. *sigh* he is really beautiful.I cant stop staring....I mean those eyes! What are they made of? Glass?

It's a pity that the 2nd version was sold out. Now I'm waiting for the 3rd version to come out in mid-summer. ^^

6. ^_^ Well at least there's a 3rd release and still 2 auctions yet to come on yahoojp!!

The eyes are Volks glass eyes they are beautifull they are a warm grey not scary at all.

And Yah I couldn't stop staring at this boy the first time I laied eyes on him XD. I packed him with his face-protector and put a soft scarf on him to protect him from light or dust. And I can't stop peeking at him..I'm kinda sad he doesn't have a body yet!! But he's really even more hansome in person!

7. I dont think I'll look him up on the auction. It'll cost too much >_< *stares some more at your boy's head* XD;;

did you pick the face up yourself too? I read the site and they said that you could. Which one did you pick? :)

8. I couldn't decided so I said dark eyebrows a bit angry looking but also soft mwhahaha..opposite of each other. So I eventually said I trust her XD which worked just fine!

Well wait untill june/july there will be a third release! Good luck!

9. My friend KeiCai_Ayan bought one of the heads and he just arrived not long ago. We're going to be taking some comparison shots of the orginal head and the new release at the doll meet on the 21st of April ^_^

First thing I can say, is his head is TINY compared to my Shou's fat head. Overall, the face is smaller and the actual head is much smaller and more narrow than the original.

10. wow can't wait to see some comparison pictures!!

11. there's a third release? cool!!! when is that happening? *o*

12. Sorry I haven't posted back! I got back from vacation and my computer was broken!:ablah:

Just wanted to say that your boy is absolutely lovely! He's exactly the kind of face I adore. I'm glad you're so happy with him. :) I hope your birthday was grand!

13. General head size question -- omichao said that Shou-ryu 2nd is smaller than Shou-ryu 1st, but how does either head compare to other dolls? Large? Small? XD;

(Trying to take a guess at what sort of body options I have if I get lucky and catch one of these boys...)

14. On the Oceanmoon website they say the head is too big for SD boy body and a SD16/17 might be too big for the head.
      I noticed his head was too big on the girl body and bigger than Kun's head.
      The best body to fit Shou-ryu would be the SD13 boy body that's what Oceanmoon adviced.

No biggie I had a wonderfull birthday XD I also received my Kun head that day!!

15. Ooh, thanks! I've heard the SD13 is probably the best (or at least, advised) match for fit and color. :) I'm wondering how he'd do on something like a Souldoll or Dollstown body (something more muscular than the SD13)... I know Kurosakura has a Volks F-30 on a DT body, and that's a smallish head... hmm... :cool:

16. We've actually got like 5 different SD-sized male body types that come to our doll meets, but this one was too short for us to get a chance to do head-swapping >_>

Version 1 and 2 comparisons are coming soon, though. And maybe at the next meet everyone will let us swap heads on their bodies. Not sure if everyone will be up to it, though ^_^;;

17. KeiCai_Ayan has hers on Winter's body, which is a Luts body and to me, he looks fine, but she says it looks a tiny bit big. The version 1 head looks a bit bobbly on a Luts body, but with the right wig, it doesn't really look that bad.

Personally, I think the second version will look good on just about any boy body that's bigger than an SD10 size.

OH! I also was wondering if anyone had a way for me to contact oceanmoon and ask them a question? I'm definitely getting one of the 3rd release Shou-Ryus after seeing the new one in person. I was wondering if I could send them my original head and have her paint them both the same? They're twins, of course, so I want them painted relatively the same, and I love her faceups, so I'd like her to do them both >_>;;

18. The email I got from Oceanmoon about vers. 3 was from shrclef -at- naver.com but I don't know if that's a mailing list address or something.. XD; You could try asking on their bulletin board? XD; Apparently, though, vers. 3 will be yet another slight modification from vers. 2 -- "sharper-looking lines" as opposed to the softer vers. 2 features. hmm...

And thanks for the body comments XD Looking forward to seeing y'all's comparison pics too :3

19. Maybe that means that he'll be more like the original! Because the first thing that I noticed aside from all of the features being slightly smaller, was that the lines weren't as ponounced. Everything being just a little bit softer is what changed him the most. So hopefully the version 3 will be exactly what I need ^_^

And thanks for the info :3

20. omg, I didnt realize that they sent an email so I went and checked. I saw hope!!!!!!

"Our last remaining 2nd edition normal-skin head (with make-up) will be out on April 22nd (Sunday) through April 28th (Saturday).
      Our last remaining 2nd edition white-skin head (full custom version including body, clothes and make-up) will be out on April 29th (Sunday) through May 5th (Saturday).

We are planning to release 3rd edition sometime in June. It will have sharper-looking lines from modification of the 2nd edition.
      Remember, 2nd edition will not be reproduced. If you like the round, soft lines of 2nd edition do not miss this opportunity!"

I like the soft looking one and the sharper looking one too. But I definitely dont wanna miss this softer looking one if they're gonna modify it!!!!!!! XD

[edit] I thought they were gonna post up more heads of the 2nd edition. But I dont see it there??? Did I misunderstand? D: I'll email them and ask.