1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion of Real Unidoll (UHr-01)

Dec 29, 2006

1. I just can't find shoes to fit him. Only two so far and two boots that don't suit him at all. Tensiya white loafers and some shoes my Unoss can wear. (nice leather Bass type loafers) even the SD 13 Volks sandals won't fit. :|

also, I did Ilya's faceup yesterday...and it looks so lame. his body took paint normally, but his face was worse than Unoa's. I was airbrushing around his eyes and cheeks and couldn't get the paint to stop spattering even with the lightest spray. So, I used Q-tips, fingers, brushes and even today I can scrape most of it off. Wonder why his face is different from his body? It's like marble, but his hands are spongy and I'm so afraid of breaking them. :(

going to try pastels. if they don't work, I may have to spray him to get paint to stick. anyone else having paint issues?

2. Yikes! What do you mean his hands are spongy? I'm so nervous about pulling anything over his hands, with those wide-spread fingers! I wish I had some advice about his face, but I've only worked on CP resin, which is very smooth, but with enough MSC takes pastel fairly well - and Narae's french resin body, which has some nice tooth to it, so it takes pastel well. I haven't used paint at all - only pastel - and again, with lots of layers of MSC.

I haven't tried any shoes on him yet. He's still hanging around in his suede pants... :blush

3. I don't have any painting tips T_T But try asking Sdink--she did her Amon's face-up. ^_^ (Though, did you spray him before you started painting? I think you're supposed to spray a base coat no matter what you're using *shrugs*)

As for shoes--Lachlan fits in Jaden's Hound boots from Iplehouse. I ordered him a pair of Dollzone boots--I guess I'll see if they fit or not, they're not here yet--I have yet to try him in anything else.

4. Hey Lachlana and StephG!

I never spray or even use sealant on my own dolls, only on dolls I paint for sale. and I haven't had any paint wear off over the years. I think if the paint is thin enough and the pastels are worked into the resin, they're fine all by themselves. or maybe I just have very dry hands and good luck. ;)

But, I think I know how to fix the problem. I started out airbrushing for that nice glowy even color around the eyes and for blushing. Airbrush paints are very fine and might just be sitting on the surface.

I'm going to use my regular Golden Matte Acrylics and if they aren't working well, I'll add a flow release which will allow the paint to sink into the resin. (I'd better really be committed to what I'm doing, though. Once you get a color deep enough, it can stay forever.) :roll:

I've got this idea for his eyebrows, and I think I'll only have one shot at getting it right. stay tuned. :|

5. That is why people spray dolls before painting/blushing them. :| It keeps the paints from digging into the resin, so that you can remove the paint later and it won't affect the doll's resin or face. :sweat

Edit: Just wanted to say, good luck with his face. I want to see as many gorgeous Jace's as possible, so I hope you're able to give him his lovely faceup. ^.^

6. Doh! I always use MSC, it gives it a coat for the materials to stick to, I didn't have any problem with his face :( I haven't touched his body yet....well painting wise anyways......:wiggle

I never paint unless I spray though that is just me, Good Luck! can't wait to see him :D

7. Oh, I forgot to comment on the hands. My guy has very porous hands, rough and not soft like a sponge but with those little I guess air bubbles to make them feel like a dry sponge or coral formation. it makes me very nervous when I put on any clothes. I'm going to keep his wardrobe large in the armholes and sleeves! but, then, I don't plan on him wearing too much. :sweat

8. I've never had a problem before and I'm hoping it was just the Golden Air paints. it's strange because his body takes paint just fine and it comes off very nicely. I airbrushed his very light blushing. it's just his head. maybe it's his stubborn nature!?

9. Petiteballerina, Ilya should be able to fit into Dollmore's model boy's shoes; Victor has a pair of those trainers and they fit him where SD13 shoes won't because they are too narrow for his great feet! :lol: I am sorry to hear there has been trouble with his face...:( But he's bound to be so beautiful!

10. oh, thanks for the shoe info. Dollmore is super and I can order from the US store. (although Hyon is gone now.) :|

I used my Golden Matte paints with no problems! And took some wonderful photos - not that I'm talented, it's just the subject matter is so photogenic. too beat to post them today, but will put them up tomorrow.

I still have to put some gloss on his lips and finish his eyebrows. more blushing, but his personality is really coming through. He likes lizard skin jeans and jrock music...who knew?:cool:

11. Thank you all for your responses. Camryn is loafing around in custom made carpenter pants that are way baggie in the leg, a deep-cut tank top so that I can see that chest of his. I too have him in a big arm-hole shirt, as I was concerned about broken fingers.

12. :fangirl: I can't wait to see them! :fangirl:

(Dollmore are great, they ship so fast!)

13. I adore this boy and am thinking of getting him but I dont want him to look to strange next to my CP girlie. Does anyone have any pictures of Jace and a CP girl together?

:)

14. I just ordered my Jace, and have been browsing this thread about clothing choices.

So, do Hound pants fit Jace, or are they way too slender in the waist? It seems they would be. What about Long Leg SD pants?

And are his hands easy to take on and off, by any chance? This might solve some of the sleave issues... Not that I'll be able to find clothes for a while since... I can't sew.

15. I have a pair of model boy jeans from Dollmore for Victor; they have a baggy loose style and do fit him in the legs and round the waist, though they are of course a little long - that's OK though, as that's kinda their style.

I haven't tried to remove Victor's hands...:o ....but he certainly needs wide sleeves because of the spread of his fingers.

16. if his fingers are that wide spread, you could always reposition them with the hot water method or steam..I did it for my hound..and if I get Jace, I will probably do it to make it easier for shirts.

17. Here's a couple pics of my Jace with my Lishe, for comparison purposes...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that helps!

18. Wake up! I want to see pics! :sweat

19. This guy is really, really looking like a female to me, more so than any of the Luts pretty-girly sculpts even. I am wondering whether to try to move his head onto a female body as it just does not go with such a masculine ripped bod.

Edited to add, I might try ditching the eyelashes and just opening the eyes, because I think they really overdid it on the eye makeup.