1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Kazekidz Poppy

Jan 1, 2007

1. Snowleopard .. you are number 6

MieAga .. you are number 2

cholland1230 .. you are number 26

bunnydots .. you are number 22

I have decided not to list everyone as I'm not sure how others will feel about it but I'm happy to tell you what number you have if you would like to ask.

If anyone in the first batch isn't ready for their head yet I'll just work on down the list!

2. I look at the date and realize it's a little late to say this, but I can't help it. Wear your gloves and mask, Kaye!
      *shudders at memory of translucent resin chemical burns*

3. Thanks Kaye! Being in the second batch works well for me. Right now I'm running out of mun, hun :) but I don't want to miss out on my Poppy head esp since I have the body all arranged!

4. Kaye,
      Thank you so much for being so QUICK in your reply! How do you do it --between working on your private things, the Poppy heads, and replying on DoA? You're awesome!:D

Lessee, to save you from one less email, I'd like to make a request on the faceup here--could you please reduce the freckles about 1/2? That would be fine with me.

If you have any questions, pm me any time.

Thank you again, very much:daisy:daisy!
      Most Cordially,
      Yvonne

5. Don't pass me by on the list...I'm so ready! ^__^ *hugz*

ne, Kaye, do we call the Kaye heads? Like if someone asked what kind of doll she was? Or do you have a 'comany name'? my mom asked and I told her she was a Kaye Poppy. Thanks!

6. wow, you sculpted her amazingly. you probably don't have time to answer this, but how do you do that? thats so awesome.

7. Yeah i don't mind being listed either, i'll be so pleased when i get her i'll be spamming photos anyway :)

8. Angeldoll ... your doll will be number 14, so in the first batch ;)

9. Hi Glyndon,
      I do wear gloves and mask but still seems to "get" me!! I have no idea how!!?
      :(

10. Cool!! Thanks :)

11. I'm just too clever :lol: and you might have noticed .. I love to "chat"

You are number 8 ;)

Thanks, I've had no training so I have no idea how I can sculpt .. I just do it. It's always as much a surprise to me as anyone when they turn out looking human! If you want to know the technical stuff .. I use sculpy to make the original and then, when it's looking right, I make silicon molds and then cast in resin.

12. I for one, am in love with that first pic! I love the glowy look to your resin!

13. thanks so much for getting back to me. i've been looking for places online where i can by the silicone/resin and then figure out how to cast it. -.-;; i think it's so awesome you make your own dolls. i wanted to do it for a while now but i know it's expensive and i need practice first.

<edit>
      i don't know if you can do this, but if you have nay tips on making dolls i would really appreciate it! your dolls are very beautiful. keep up the good work!

14. Soom Eyes make a soft green that would be perfect for her :)

- Liz

15. The gloves don't keep everything out. Years ago I wore gloves to work all day on a hydraulic system design because I was constantly messing with motor oil and oily parts, and it made my hands and arms itch. The gloves helped somewhat, but I still itched, so I think it was penetrating the gloves. Messiest job I ever worked.

Kaye, you might want to seriously think about getting someone to help you with the casting part of the dolls. I am sure there's an art student around who'd be glad to get the resin casting experience. Unfortunately I don't liveanywhere near you, or I'd volunteer in a heartbeat.

16. bunnydots .... I'm looking into finding a company (that doesn't charge an arm and a leg) to cast the resin for me .. if I can find someone to do that I'll be fine ;) Don't know of any art students who would have the facilities around my town :(

redcountess ... Soom eyes are very nice.

hoshinokachi264 ... have you browsed through the artist BJD section of the club? Theres lot's of info there .. if you can't find what you are looking for email me [email protected] and I'll try to help if I can.

17. yea i did, i didn't see much about casting and pruchasing resin and silicone though. i probably missed it, so i'll make sure to look again.

thanks again, i appreciate the help. :)

18. www.smooth-on.com is good they sell resin and silicon and have a very informative website

19. Donn from Bishonen House has a pretty extensive tutorial about the casting process. I'll see if I can find it and post the link.

If you search in the DollMaking for the threads/posts by Donn and batchix, they have the most posts about casting. I sympathize with the difficulty in finding info, I'd like to do it myself too.

20. KazeKids is the name of Kaye's dolls. I'm not sure what the official signature initials are though.

~D