1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Kazekidz Poppy

Jan 1, 2007

1. Maybe I'll just use KK then? Does that sound allright?
      P.S. I got my confirm PM! Hurrah! Shipping begins in 2 weeks! -faint-

2. Yep, KK will be fine :) Sorry I missed your question in your earlier post :doh

3. Thank you Kaye! ^__^

P.s. you're never going to belive this, I picked out the name Maysen the first time I saw her then I was searching baby names and the closest they have is Maysun which is Arabic for "has a beautiful face" How weird is that? And she does have a beautiful face! Shame on you for ever thinking of Ugly. ^__^

4. thankyou you all so much. i know it sounds strange but when i got into BJD i had the pleasure of meating Donn at a panel(lol, thats not the strange part). i thought i must be very strange indeed to want to make my own dolls and share them with people.

is there a reason you cannot bunnydots? i know it is very expensive.

however i'm glad i'm not alone and that every is so helpful, thankyou again kaye! i may not have found the doll making section until much later. XD

5. I'm happy to help anytime .. my email is [email protected] if you need any help don't be afraid to ask!

6. I have a pretty good job right now which is how I am able to buy dolls. I could probably pay for a limited amount of resin as well. However, I am halfway through a certificate program in metalworking/jewelry that I am doing in my (nonexistent) spare time from my non-arty paying career (that I also went to school a lot of years for). I'd like to finish the metalworking cert as I'm halfway done, and that is going to take me probably 2 more years. Actually one reason I stumbled into resin dolls is that I had one semester where I got shut out of the jewelry class I'd registered for, and so had time on my hands that I ordinarily wouldn't to get interested in something new.

I am thinking about taking the sculpture cert when the metalworking courses are done, for various reasons, but my teacher told me they don't do any resin in that curriculum because it's too toxic/fumey/dangerous etc. to work with in the school buildings. So, any resin stuff I do will have to be done on my own. I just wish somebody lived close by me so I could apprentice myself out to them one weekend a month and get the basics down - it's so much easier when someone shows you how, than just reading and trying to figure it out.

7. This is a silly request, but Kaye Could you please please make a news post when you come out with a new sculp. I love your work but I always find out too late >< I didn't see poppy anywhere in the artisan forum. I'm thinking i'm blind somedays lol. You are so good at sculpting, I hope I'm as good as you once I get sculpting my own dolls someday.

8. i know what you're talking about. my problem is i don't have a steady job, just babysitting, because of school. being my graduating year, i just got through the hectic college applications, and i just finished a 15 page application for study abroad. -.-;; i haven't had much time either, but hopefully from here on out i'll some more time on my hands.

maybe you should still take the sculpture track even if they don't do resin work. it would be a really great experience. maybe from their you could intern overseas?

it's just an idea but it could work out well.

i deffinetly will kaye, thanks again.

every time i look at little poppy she makes me smile, she is really so adorable.XD

9. How did I miss this thread !
      ....ehmmm because I rarely visit the Large section ....joining in as Im waiting for Poppy too

edit as I have just read all of the thread

I CANT WAIT !!! Im number 18

and you are all so gonna see Poppy in Fur !

havent a name for her yet ...

10. She'll look really adorable in your wool wigs too. We'll see what styles I set with my girl, I may be buying a couple myself:)

~D

11. everybody's probably aware of this already but just in case anybody wasn't, Kstarr is having their twice-yearly custom wig sale right now. If you like the Kstarr wigs that Kaye put on Poppy for the pictures, now's the perfect time to run over to the Kstarr site (linked on the Kstarr thread somewhere in the forums) and order yourself a few. I just ordered a red mix one that will hopefully be like the red one Kaye used in the photos, that will be for my Poppy when she comes.

12. I am seconding this request! I knew nothing about Poppy until I saw this thread, and she is too darn cute to have missed out on. Kaye, do you have an e-mail notification list on your own Website?

13. I'll make a news post in future .. sorry .. I listed Poppy in the marketplace at first as I (initially) didn't intent to make an edition of her. :doh

looking forward to seeing you work when you get started.

14. I have started a mailing list but I have a BAD memory and when I make a new doll I get all excited to show her off so never think to look at the list!!! I will always post in the news section in future. sorry I didn't do that with Poppy.

15. I'm so excited! This waiting is killer!!! *_*

*making a sad atempt at waiting patiently for not just Poppy, but also W2s for taxes -- Tax refund = money for Poppy's body, wig, eyes, clothes, etc.......*

16. Sorry I'm slower than I expected .. I'm no good at estimating the time it will take me to do things!! I'm hoping to be able to get the one's with no faceup in the post tomorrow .. then the one's with a faceup out early next week.
      Then I will start on the last 15 heads.

Cheers everyone :)

17. Kaye,
      Please don't apologize. Detailed artistic work, such as resin kidz, takes time. :love

18. Yeah, don't apologize, I totally understand WHY I have to wait, and I don't mind all that much! It's like..... Christmas! The waiting, while agonizing, is at the same time almost fun, 'cuz while I'm waiting, I'm daydreaming and thinking, wondering what she'll look like with the faceup I requested and her body and wig and eyes and stuff ('cuz my computer's craptacular picture editing programs can only do so much!). And deciding what kind of clothes to make for her! It's.... Fun? ^____^

19. No rush, Kaye. Good work takes time.
      I did think of a name for my Poppy already. With the red wig she looks like my good friend's petite new gf Renee, but I didn't want to name her that in case the two of them broke up, because they just started going out. So I modified it to "Rini" which is also the name of a local supermarket chain where my other good friend used to work.

20. i absolutely adore your girls!! Matilda is my fav.... i wish i could get her or Poppy...