1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Limhwa Limho Mano

May 21, 2007

1. It's probably due to the fact you are seeing an unstrung clay prototype. it's rare to see these... it's not the same as seeing a strung doll...and when he is casted and has his eyes and hair he will look pretty amazing I think.

The Limho boys just arrived today (final bunch) and I know you are requesting a change in your shipping plans so we will contact you when we have the extra details you need. Must do a bit of research first.
      Catrina

2. I'm sure he'll look almost like a whole new doll once he's cast, strung, ect. I was a major in sculpture at my old school so I remember well that it's sometimes entirely pointless to form an opinion on things before they're entirely complete. I'm really not too worried the more I think about it, all Limhwa's dolls are absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure when he's complete I'll love him as well.

I'm glad to see my PM got through to you, and thank you for looking into it for me. I look forward to hearing from you once you've got the details for us.

3. from what i've seen so far, i LIKE. *__*

more pictures on july the 10th, you say?? *///*

4. Yup, if he is to be a offered in a half-elf version, I am sold.

Catrina, any word of if there will be such a lovely creation?

5. I haven't heard he will be an Elf. I did see his head (in blue clay prototype, some months ago) and he was not an Elf then. I think it's so cool she has made him look so mature and not too pretty. I love seeing an interesting character face that can have many moods.

I will talk to Limhwa about everyone's interest in another Half-Elf or full Elf. I know she is very fond of fantasy creatures. Well, you can just imagine what she dreams of when you see her lovely art.

Catrina

6. ~*Thank You Catrina*~!...You have answered my questions. I also want to say Thank You for letting her know that some of us prefer the resin.

I think just from looking at the picture he is going to be manly and handsome. And I would love to have him in a tan resin color! Do you know if the tan resin will be offered in the first ordering period? Im saving all my money just for this guy, I think he's going to be worth it.

*Liz*

7. Couple more questions....On July 10th will we see pics for both the french resin and regular resin versions of the doll?

And since you've seen the prototype for the face...could you give us a few hints on it? :) Most Limwha/Limho dolls have very soft and roundish features, so I'm wondering if the Limho Mano will have stronger features than usual?

8. Waaai, wanna know if it's possible to just get the body... xD;

9. I like his face- He looks like he will go very well with either of the 2 girls- and at his height he will make them look pretty petite. I wonder how difficult he will be to find clothes for.

10. fitz, I'm thinking he should be alright with Hound sized stuff, just going by his height. He does look a bit beefier than hound, but I guess we won't know for sure till next month.

I really love the look of him, but the arrival of my big Narae today has crystalized my BJD plans, so I think I may wait until there are some owner pics posted and possibly order in the 2nd round.

11. Hi Rin,
      The last time I saw the face was in early December (can you imagine how long I've had to keep this a secret?). He has a very mature face and nothing sweet about him.
      At the time, he seemed brooding (for my English friends, make that " very deep in thought") and very adult and manly. I don't consider him a grown up Limho Mono at all.. he's got a different face entirely. Initially the thought was to possibly make her Asian male doll but this guy just decided he needed to come first.

Limhwa hid his face on purpose; that is her way of showing a little without exposing the empty mold. She wants everyone to see him for the first time casted, painted and styled. I'm sure she's got a look in mind for the first casting, and I'm excited to see this new man.

The first casting will be French resin. That will be the first casting of the prototype, which will be photographed. When we have photos, orders will open for probably French resin and a type of white urethane.

Lizbet: She says that the tanned urethane on the market is difficult to work with on larger dolls, and that you can get marbling effects and many defective castings. She has heard from me that there are quite a few people interested in a darker resin. She feels that perhaps after the caster works with the mold a bit, he will be confident enough to move to a tanned resin eventually. But we have to be patient.

We are now discussing urethane types. The process is difficult-- to find something that will not only look good but also cast successfully without many defective tries. Remember that the artists make a mold that only lasts for perhaps 50-60 pulls.. so there is a lot of thought behind making good choices that will result in the best quality and most successful result in the end. Making the mold is a time consuming and expensive process so thinking ahead is important.

There, hope that explains things a bit. Probably TMI but .. FYI, too.

Catrina

12. i'm actually rather glad to hear that he'll have a mature face. :3 there needs to be more of these boys on the market!! X3 man, i'm so excited now!!!

catrina, what about a normal skin tone option? has she expressed any opinions against them? i'm rather interested in a normal skin one, as i don't think a pale skin tone is going to work for fitting into my doll family. D:

13. I'm going to suggest that...

It's really fun having all of you along in the planning stage.

Thanks to everyone for the input.
      Catrina

14. I'd definitely be interested if she offers a normal skin tone.
      I like what I see so far and I can't wait to see more of him.
      Thanks for the updates, Catrina. :)

15. Yes, I'd definitely love a normal skin tone in urethane resin too. I'm glad to hear he is a mature sculpt! That's more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Can't wait for July 10th. :)

16. Oh, this is fabulous news! My biggest complaint about the male dolls is they are almost all universally pretty little boys, which has never been my scene. So, although theoretically I've wanted a male doll, I hadn't found one that you could look at in a glance and say "yes, that is a man" rather, than..."is that a boy or a girl?" depending on how they are dressed or the wig they have on. I'm not knocking anyone elses likes or their dolls, this is just my own personal hobby horse. :)

17. Normal skin would be awesome. I will say though, I just recieved my Limho yesterday. He's absolutely stunning, especially his resin. X3 Ugh, I'm a sucker. You have made an addict out of me Catrina.

But erm, back to the point. Despite being pale, I don't really think he looks 'out of place' with my CP boys... except for that fact that they're nearly 20cm taller tham him. >.>

18. s_p>> i was worried more about how french resin seems to glow, while urethane resin is flatter and more opaque. like, in photos, having one luminescent doll surrounded by less...radioactive dolls? :\ and that the paleness in addition to the glowiness might make him look even more out of place, D:

have you taken photos yet? :3

19. I think the pretty boy look comes from manga- manwha and anime'. Limhwa really likes fantasy and she does like anime' but it doesn't come out as much in her work. She still has dolls with big eyes (see LImhwa Human) but they are not huge huge.

Limho Mano will still not be a strictly realistic man sculpt, but more of a fantasy male sculpt with a realistic style. I realize that doesn't make much sense.. but hopefully you get my drift. I also see dolls now that are super macho, so the styles really run the spectrum.

Everyone has different ideas for the characters they are making.. all the dolls are pretty spectacular, whether more feminine or more realistic. I love to see them all!

Catrina