1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Limhwa Limho Mano

May 21, 2007

1. Maybe she can make a less realistic feet and hands option? its funny because I too actually saw thoes feet belonging to some I know.

2. much as i think the feet are rather long, i actually think they're growing on me. :3 i love the attention to detail!!! the realism of the hands and feet only add to the appeal. ^3^ when most of the sculpts available are all pretty boys with smooth hands and feet, a manly man with a little less-dainty hands and feet are a relief! ^___^

3. It's really fascinating about the feet... how seems so many people see them and think they look like someone's feet that they know.

Personally, I'm one of those people who doesn't like men's feet and thinks most of them should NOT wear sandals! Blah! :D

When I saw the feet, I was rather charmed because they reminded me of my Japanese boyfriend's feet. (Many years ago, I lived and worked at a Japanese company only 20 minutes from Volks, Japan). I guess because they wear a lot of sandals and take their shoes off at home, their toes tend to be straighter and less gnarly than guys in the West. LOL!!

Remember that when Limhwa's guy is casted they will look smaller than the large photo you see. Also, the resin will be lighter than the prototype-- they will not have the deep shadows and will look less dramatic.

I'd like to thank everyone who has emailed me with such lovely things to say about Mano. I'm going to compile it to send to Ji Youn so that she can read it too!
      Catrina

4. Great hands and feet!

First choice: I would love Mano in a light tan resin....then NS resin....then pinky white french. Not sure I would want Mano in WS. But I want this wonderful guy! LOL

5. I'm going to ask her about normal beige and beauty white urethanes, and pinky white french resin. Tanned resin is not being considered-- at least for the first run or so.. because it's so tricky to cast in that big size without marbling effects (streaks and weird wiggly colored artifacts).

*_* OK, no teasing me on the weird wiggly colored artifacts. *_*

Catrina

6. Normal beige would be great, but I'm sure he'll look great in any color! Thanks for the update Catrina.

Do you know what size clothes, wigs & shoes he will be able to wear? Or is that something that can't be determined until after he is cast? 'Cause Iplehouse has some nice affordable clothes for their long-legged men.

I'm just so excited!!

7. Okay. I am going to be Extra Tacky now, and ask...........what about the BITS?? Because the 43 cm Limho has very very bitty ones........! And yeah, it's just a dorrie, and mine certainly are not nekkid, but you know how SOME of us are!

8. how does a hound compare to a domuya flexi-body in terms of *ahem*? it'd be interesting to have a doll with privates in proportion. XDDD not sure how that might translate into fitting into tight-fitting clothes, though. :\

9. Excellent point! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds that bit to be important. ;)

Jace's bit is .... rather odd. :|
      The Iplehouse bit is just awesome perfection. :) If it turns out anything like that, I may be entirely sold! :lol:

I may have to wait for the tan version though. Although beige might be nice.
      I DO love that tummy this man has! (That's another important bit for me. ;) )

10. Hello everyone,

All the guessing and waiting.. it's a bit like waiting for the new Harry Potter movie and book!

Let me add a bit to the speculation.. with a warning that I am just guessing about certain things and haven't seen the full doll, with every part and piece, either.

Bits-- regarding his netherparts, I'd have to guess they will not be exaggerated. Limhwa tends to show restraint when sculpting a doll's privates. I'd say this is because she is a formally trained artist, and usually when you go through training they teach you not to create a "bullseye" in your work which distracts from the whole piece. I know some collectors are really turned off by "super-hung' dolls but some really like that look. Well, just like JK Rowling, she may surprise us all yet!

The Mano will return from his casting on July 10, and then he will be painted and photographed. So I'd imagine we'll see him this coming week sometime. And because of his size, he'll need a larger box too.

: - )
      Catrina

11. Do you have a idea on the price of him...like the Half Elf maybe $800+?? I really want to start saving for either her of this handsome guy ;)

12. I don't know the price yet. I have written to Limhwa with a long list of questions.. we are both really excited that he might be out of casting tomorrow. I'm just dying to see him, like all of you.

Catrina

13. Nothing yet... holding breath here too....

I'm hoping he is now with Limhwa, back from the casting company.

I'm just hoping she likes him and she is happy after working so many long months on this guy.

*chewing one finger*

OK, I'm just feeling a bit distracted here. Hmmm. Take a look at what I made:

[​IMG]

OK, it's Heartbreak boy (not her name for him, but mine) the 68cm art doll she made a few years ago on the right. And Limho Mano, the new 67cm guy on the left. I'm really amazed at the extra detail she has put in Mano. By comparison, HB looks rather smooth. Love them both of course! I think Limhwa has really outdone herself with Mano. I love all her boys though.

*chewing other finger*

14. Well, HB Boy isn't resin, after all...... LOL!! Anything to make me feel better for never having him! Really, all her sculpts show a lot of care and thought, it's obvious that she is genuinely taking the time to express her vision.

15. I got a letter from Limhwa last night, with many details. I'm waiting for the official translation to come, but the quick translation shows that she is taking photos now and I should have the photos very soon. Yesterday the weather was bad and she couldn't get the right light. So we are getting very close...
      so hard to sleep last night, thinking of this new guy.

16. The pictures are coming now... I have two face photos in the NEW section.
      More will come, with more info as I get it.

It's so incredible to finally see him, my heart is pounding.

Catrina

P.S Yeah, I'm crying now. He's so gorgeous, I'm just.. gahhhh.

17. Oh.My.God.

I'm literally at loss for words.

There is no way I'll be able to afford him in time. :(

18. I have to say with hand on heart that this is the best looking male sculpt i have seen. I want one and i am keeping my fingers crossed that i can afford him!!!!
      :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

19. Official translation just came over:
      NEW CONFIRMED DETAILS:
      67cm Mano
      will be cast in the following resins:
      Normal beige urethane
      Beauty white urethane
      Pinky white French resin

Wigs: fur or hair, not sure yet. What do you prefer?
      Eyes: very deep, detailed glass. Same type used for Half Elf.

Limhwa is exhausted and will be finishing up the photos in the next day or so. At that time we will have all the info (such as price, etc) and will be opening up the sale. She has also agreed to paint the boys for everyone who wants her to. We will have a limited number of dolls possible to order in each ordering period.

Catrina

20. One Word! Gorgeous.

I would really love to have him in the tan resin, but since that won't be happening anytime soon, I will have to decide on either the white or normal.

I must say I almost fainted when I saw his face. I sure do wish my hubbie looked like that:wiggle