1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Limhwa Limho Mano

May 21, 2007

1. My Mano isn't in the database. I just love him he's tanned with Limwha face up and I bought him 2 years ago 2/7/08 he arrived. He does visit other forums with his girl Dia. He is large but I never had any problems with him. I do have mono also

It's too bad about him being discontinued as he is a lovely sculpt
      I've just never loved limhwa's face ups too vinyl dollish with the shiny make up for my taste. and I totally hate the Limwha hands with the arthritic fingers I would love to change out the hands

It's been fun watching Faithy build her Mano army with their great names. Sheesh I haven't even named my poor guy and he's been wearing the same shirt for about a year because I haven't found anything better . He did get a wig change about a week ago so he's not neglected.

2. Yes, it's definitely lovely watching FaithyHopey's crew of handsome Manos!

I switched out Luis' hands for a pair of jointed Soom ones, and they are a perfect fit / color match to his beige urethane. It makes my guy even more expressive! (While I love the Limhwa male hand sculpt, it's fun to be able to have different hand positions and "moods" for Luis). :D

Mano is definitely one of my very favorite male sculpts, and I am very attached to Luis, and would never re-home him. Such a versatile sculpt too, as a simple change of face-up and eye/wig color/style can make he look totally different from the Limhwa default look,

3. Thanks, Enzyme! He's really a wild child, isn't he?

I might ask Surreality if she has pictures of her boy-our tastes in dolls are often very similar, and she was nice enough to send me pictures of Deneb way back when.

Don't guess I'll ever get one, not that I have the money at present (working on getting my Galena pieced together). I think there are just too few out there.:...(

4. Oh no, no, no, no, NO! An Elf-Mano wouldn't work for Hombre at all! I totally agree!;)
      What I meant was that if I had, had the cash while they were still available I would have gone
      with a white-regular-Mano, instead of the elf, because Hombre was always meant to be dead-white.
      If I was rich, I would have gotten the elf-Mano too, just because he was a pretty sculpt, but not for a
      specific character certianly not for Hombre. It is very cool that you can tell what would work for Hombre though
      (kind of creepy at the same time)!

Isabeau, yes, he's one cool-looking dude! Such an amazing body work!

- Enzyme ^ ^

5. Oh, but he & I have known each other long enough on DOA that we know a little bit of each other's secrets by now, haven't we Hombre? ~^ *whew!* Glad he isn't thinking of going elf on us. Hombre, baby, never change. :aheartbea

Earth.Spirits, I didn't realize he'd fit Super Gem hands! That is great. Ahh, wait, I guess it's only great for NS & WS... Stavros is tan, so he's stuck with his own drama-queen hands. XD I love those hands, actually, even if the sharp nails do chip his own makeup sometimes. But it'd be nice to be able to change 'em for a more natural pose sometimes, yes. However, if he has to be stuck with stationary hands, I do love the sculpture & veining in the default Mano hands. Some of the best hand-sculpture anywhere.

6. i love my limhwa mano which i bought pre-loved from someone in the doa marketplace. i have him in the blonde kanawild wig and the curls just fall alongside his face and give a sparkle to his sculpt. i can't imagine ever giving him up. his is a very manly sculpt!

8. Aww...thanks Enzyme! It's just one of those artist things I think...every once in a while I stare at him with technical eyes and notice the little things I've improved on since then. But then I'm sentimentally attched because he was my first boy and one of my first face-ups *squeezes Emile* :)

Option parts would have been fun, wouldn't they? Ah well...

9. My 4 Manos: Sully, Cruz, Bob, Rhys. I used to have them all posted on the BJD Database under MANO A MANO, but only one page of that thread still exists now. I bought all of these off of the Marketplace. There is another Mano FS listed now, and someone in my Yahoo Limhwa club is selling one (I can't buy either because I am making layaway payments on a half-elf...bad timing or I 'd get these guys) I will have to repost their profiles on the BJD database when I have the energy. Thanks for asking, you aren't rude!

10. I know what you mean, I've redone my own dolls more time than I would like to admit. ^.~
      Though I don't think I've improved much since the first time I worked on any of 'em. XD

FaithyHopey, thanks for the info! ^ ^The Mano A Mano database was always one pg long,
      wasn't it? Did I miss something? XD

I posted a few pics of Hombre, and his fitted-shirt (which curiously enough, doesn't show in the photos too much XB),
      if anyone is interested the gallery thread can be seen here.

- Enzyme ^ ^

11. I do that too with my face-ups, it can drive me crazy at times. Eventually I find that I become attatched to the imporfections. It makes them more interesting to look at.

12. Pssst... I see a French-resin Mano in the Marketplace right now for only $430. WOW bargain. :ablink: Actually, I see two French-resin Manos and one very special Tan Mano that Nanyalin modded & painted! One of the few modded tan dolls you see out there. I remember when she first did that guy. <3 He's incredible, he tempts even me.

So, all of you in just the last few pages of this thread who were longing for one-- go hit the Marketplace while it's hot!

13. If only they were normal beige instead of tan & french resin... *sigh* I want a Mano for $430!
      *Hint for anyone who is looking to rehouse their beige Mano...XD*

I spammed mine in the gallery again, if anyone likes looking at blood-thirsty-beasts.... ^ ^;;;

- Enzyme

14. Sadly I&#8217;m out of cash. :(
      Enzyme, Every time I see your Mano I drool with envy. He is gorgeous. I&#8217;ll get him one of these days, or limwha will come out with another beautiful male.

15. Best to stalk the marketplace for them, actually. I think she discontinued the males altogether recently, which is sad -- the body is gorgeous, as are their faces.

16. Thank you very much! ^ ^

I'm sure you'll get one eventually! It might not be as easy anymore,
      but as I always say Manos are not for everyone, there'll be more that'll
      show up for sale again (and I hope that when that happens, we both
      have neough cash to give those Mano a home!).

- Enzyme ^ ^

17. Enzyme, my Mano is still with me as well! (long time no see, huh:) )) He is doing great, new clothes and new face up))
      Going to the gallery to see pictures of ur awesome boy))

18. Vanilla, it has been a long time! Nice to 'hear' from you again,
      glad to know you still own your Mano - look forward to more photos
      of him soon! ^.~

- Enzyme

19. he is under cosmetic procedures called "face up")) the weather is not helping to finish it faster....((

20. Hi all,

Thought I would drop in. It&#8217;s been some time since I last stopped by this thread. I keep telling myself not to go searching for manos on the market, because I am a broke college student and it will only depress me. However, I cannot help it. I see a tanned mano body for sale. Which, I probably won&#8217;t buy, but it does give me an Idea. I have a flouting leekeworld brown head, does anyone know how that would look on a mano body?