1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Limhwa Limho Mano

May 21, 2007

1. How dark is Leeke's tan resin?

2. I don’t own a Leeke head but from photos I’ve seen, it seems that most are kind of large –it will
      probably look good on the body if you are into more “human” (body) proportions.
      If the head is on the very tiny side of SD-sized heads, it will probably look kind of awkward (pin-head).
      Regardless you might have to open up the head’s neck hole for it to sit properly on the body,
      as most large male bodies (regardless of height) have 10cm necks (or smaller), while the Mano
      body had a 12cm neck. Good luck, whether you decide to get the tanned Mano or not! ^_____^

- Enzyme

3. Well.. I'm rather late to the party ;_; I've just now discovered the Mano sculpt, and it seems like they've nearly gone extinct.. Enzyme, your boy is absolutely amazing, I have to say! I love his faceup, and the modding you've done on him! It's reallly fun to look through the photoshoots and see what little changes were made here and there ^^

As for me.. I'm going to see if I can find a sculpt similar to Mano, even if it might require some modding.. But I'm still going to be watching the marketplace like a hawk for one. I now know what my grail doll is, on the bright side X3

....I just found one on Ebay. And the buyer is letting me set up a layaway! Shortest grail doll hunt ever.

4. Coyotesparrow, congratulations! I wish I could get at least one more Mano,
      but my timing always seems wrong. I look forward to seeing yours around. (:

- Enzyme

5. Grails do have a way of appearing when you least expect them! :celebrate: Congratulations!

6. congrats coyotesparrow and welcome to the Mano club!!!!!!

7. Can people even get Limhwa dolls anymore since Dollfair is no longer their rep?

8. Good question! I wouldn't think so-- or, at any rate, I don't know anyone who'd risk Dollfair for it now. ;; Thank goodness there is eBay.

9. The Limhwa artist is looking for a doll rep who speaks Korean to do business with, so maybe there will be international sales again, although I'm not sure if Mano will be available again.

10. I'm really excited, thanks everyone ^^ I managed to find a Mano boy on Ebay, -and- I've been contacted through my WTB thread in the marketplace who also is ok with a layaway! So.. Now I just have to figure out which one >w<

11. Congratulations, coyatesparrow! :D Look forward to seeing your Mano in future.

I love Luis, my Mano, he remains my favorite, his sculpt is beautiful and very, very expressive and versatile too. :aheartbea

12. Have not checked in on this thread in sometime. Nice to see that there are still people posting. I&#8217;m so bummed out about this whole deal with dollfair. I hope they find a new rep soon. I really wish they would bring back their old sculpts once they do. Eva and Mano are the two I have been wanting to get my hands on.

arrowchild, that face-up look just perfect!

13. Ohhh I love these boys, I was so sad to find out they were discontinued!
      I decided on one for the body of my character, it suited so well, totally my grail doll! then I cruised over to Limhwa...... and all the boys were gone! XD whoops!

Hope everyone continues to post their gorgeous boys! <3

14. Mano may be gone from the company, but he's not gone from the secondhand market... put up a WTB in your sig, put up a WTB thread, stalk eBay, and see if you get as lucky as coyotesparrow did! It can happen. :clover:

15. It just did!
      OMG <3

I'm buying a Mano. Eeeeee! *dies*

edit: shortest grail wait ever, lol!

16. ZOMG no way! Wow! What are the odds? :whee: If your posting times are anything to go by, coyotesparrow's grail-hunt lasted ten hours, & yours is the second-shortest grail-hunt ever, hehehe. That is so excellent. Congratulations!

It's downright uncanny how those Manos can manage to find the right home when they really need to. :chocoheart: What color resin did you get?

17. My turn next, I hope? :sweat

18. Sure, why not make it 3 for 3? :)

19. that's awesome psycolily!!!!
      I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Alchymist :)