1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Limhwa Limho Mano

May 21, 2007

1. I can't type what I actually said, but it was loud and rude in a shocked and excited way...so in my best posh British accent "Blimely, I say, what a handsome fellow!"

I think I can forgive him being for being 67cm tall.

I can certainly see the Limho heritage in his lips and nose, but I love his eyeshape, the way it's a little closed, not as wide eyed as his lil brother.

Well all I can say is THAT head on THAT body...:love

2. He looks like a long lost brother of Abadon, just that he has a more realistic look. I'm really looking forward to him~

3. *thud* <me on the floor.
      *speechless*
      Please please Catrina can you post his pictures on my forum too? There's a topic about Limhwa dolls.

4. (Quoted from the News Thread)
      It's a good thing to hear that he won't be limited. However it's makes me want to throw off my current doll plans and buy him whenever I get the chance. It worries me that he will be harder to get in the future but I understand. @_@

*goes back to oogle the pictures*

5. [​IMG]

Do you think? Elvis sure had good lips :fangirl:

6. Oh I LOVE him!!! LOVE those lips!
      He does look like Elivis! I want him even more now!!!

7. Will he possibly be available with elf ears (or at least half-elf) in the future?

8. I personally like the trickle-release thing as opposed to the tiebreaker-appeal thing. When I buy a doll it's because I really, really want the doll. It would already be disappointing enough to not get a doll because it sold out, or I was too late, or whatever - but not getting a doll because I was deemed unworthy by the seller would pretty much suck. That's why I've never bothered try for a Human. :(

9. does limhwa have a layaway option or anything?? D:

10. Catrina Posted in the News section..."Another idea I came up with is this: every hour, on the hour, there will be one or two put into the shopping cart. Over one or two days, we could give you specific times when they would be up for grabs. This would space out our orders in case people choose to use Paypal. How does this sound? We also offer Visa, Mastercard and Telecheck. That system will not generate any freezes."

I think this is a good idea. It would give collectors the opportunity of having different times through out the day to get him. People at work or running errands wouldn't have to feel like their missing out. And it wouldn't cause paypal problems.

My only suggestion might be, is to maybe make 2 or 3 Manos available at a time. I think it would be very frustrating trying to get one at a time.

*Liz*

11. Do we have a ballpark on the price for this beautiful fella yet? (I need to do some tweaking of the budget, and can't get to that without a figure to work with! :sweat ) Is that a detail that will come with the official ordering period announcement?

12. We are still waiting for info and the body shots. I just sent a letter off tonight which requests some kind of lower torso shot, even if pixelated, for inquiring minds, LOL :fangirl: along with the body shots we've been waiting for. She last told me that the weather and lighting had not been cooperating, and it's been the tail end of the rainy season there. Kind of a depressing, dark and wet time for everyone in her part of the world.

We will be offering 3 resin choices. Limhwa also has to get new larger boxes made just for him, and I'm sure she is making final decisions on wigs and eyes. As the first casted guy was painted, we had to decide on either fur or hair wigs. I also need his measurements, the works.

I also just want to let you know I have told her how much you guys like him... she's really outdone herself with this one, and it's so nice being able to write to her with such lovely feedback.:aheartbea

Catrina

Edit: She will want us to take orders this week. I am planning to implement the method of selling a few per hour. I'll have to live with a kitchen timer for a couple days, so I don't forget to keep adding them to the shopping cart. If anyone can think of a fairer system, please let me know. Because of the high demand expected in the first 2-3 ordering periods, I will not be able to take layaways. This is because I feel the layaway system would not be fair to those who are trying hard to get them via the web site. We have also put a chat system right on the Mano page at www.limhwa.com. If anyone has problems during the process, you can use this to alert us immediately. We'd really like this to be a positive event.

13. Oh Catrina! What 3 resin colors will he be offered in? And will all three resin colors be offered in the first order run or the following ones?

Oh gosh the excitement and the rush of trying to get him is thrilling and nerve wrecking at the same time.

14. Hello...

I just heard from Limhwa last night. She is feeling better now. She will be taking photos and she sent me more info.

The three confirmed resin choices are:
      normal beige urethane resin
      beauty white urethane resin
      pinky white french resin

I just wrote back asking about timing on the photos & should have all the final info soon.

She said to tell you all she appreciates your love of Mano.

Catrina

P.S. Forgot to mention, Limhwa is not able to ship direct from Korea. She sends everything here, and then I send them on to buyers. This is because shipping and managing shipments can be a really overwhelming job and it's best if she concentrates on the creative side of things, rather than handling that.

15. *paws at you* get him get him I want to see those hands and feet in person :aheartbea

16. DO WANT. ;o; but unless a miracle happens, there's no way i'll be able to afford him anytime before christmas, and even after that, it may still be iffy. i'm hoping to get him in time for xar's 2nd birthday. :3

17. I just showed my husband the Mano's body pictures, and he said "now that is a man". He was quite impressed.

Because the body is still so slender I think this bjd male will wear clothes well.

18. Speaking of clothes I wonder what sizes and kinds will fit him best. That way I could get him something to wear before he arrives. *ponders*

19. Do we know if the 15 lucky ducks have been picked yet for ordering?

20. Hello everyone!
      I returned this morning at 1 am from Boston, so I plan to go back later this afternoon and work on printing out all the emails and making a closed eye drawing of the emails.

Please watch your emails this evening and I should be contacting those who are the first 15. Tomorrow I will post a few times you can try for one right off the web site. The first ordering period will be a sell out, so I cannot include any Half Elf or 43cm dolls.

Thanks for your patience, it was a truly exhausting few days.
      Catrina

P.S. I have also heard from Limhwa this morning regarding shipping the boys. Because of EMS size restrictions, she cannot send them to me in a group. As you know, we ship the Limhwa girls direct from US. Because the boys will have to be sent individually, in individual boxes, she will SEND THEM TO YOU HERSELF. Love that woman! So some of you will pay less, since the shipping will be closer to you.