1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Limhwa Limho Mano

May 21, 2007

1. Emails have been sent to all those who were randomly selected in the lottery, and those who were not. For those who were not, please try the open ordering tomorrow at the times selected. We will have a few dolls in the shopping cart at those times.

Ooooh, my stomach hurts from sending out the sorry emails. I wish we had more this time. Please try tomorrow!

Catrina

2. OMG Angela and I got him!!!!! We are one of the first 15:shudder my sister almost strangled me in a Hug of emotion!!! This is unreal:fangirl:.... Congratulations to the rest of the winners, and the very best of luck to everyone else during tomorrows open ordering period:aangel:
      ~Anthony

3. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm getting him!! :dance
      Congrats to the other lucky ducks!
      And I hope those who weren't one of the 15 will get him tomorrow.:eusa_pray Good Luck!:daisy

4. Oh dear God, the fates did shine on me and thank you Catrina, my prayers were answered. I have read and reread the email and
      I GOT HIM!!! He will be so welcomed in my big family of boys (and some girls too)!

I nearly fainted! *keeps fanning myself*
      Good luck to everyone in getting him tomorrow!
      I know it was random, but thank you Catrina anyway!

Susan

5. I GOT HIM TOO!!!! I really didn't think I had any chance, but I got him!!!! I left it up to dolly fate and now I am officially overjoyed and squealing like a fangirl!!!! I, like you, Susan, thought I was going to faint! Or that I was hallucinating or something, LMAO!
      WOO HOO!!! Thank you!!! *SQUEE!!!*

I started a waiting thread if anyone wants to angst and bite their nails with me, LOL!
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154039

Huge congrats to everyone else who won him!! And lots of luck to everyone who goes to order him tomorrow!!!

6. Oooo! YES, me too!. . .. Squeeling too! Thank you Catrina for your huge devotion to this task! Hope to see lots more Mano-success on this board through tomorrow! :fangirl:

7. OMG....I won Mano!!!! [​IMG]

Saw that email and squealed....LOL!!!! :) :)

Now to decide pinky white or normal...

Half Elf is voting pinky white.....but normal less color change....GAH.....

Thank you Catrina!

[​IMG]

8. I just ordered my first BJD Supia Roda and have been waiting for her, and then realized it would be great to have a guy, so I searched, and I searched but nothing appealed to me, and then there was the Limho guy...

I am so happy, they will be perfect together....yippeee!!!

9. Hi everyone,
      It's now confirmed that the first casting of Limho Mano will appear in Austin Texas at the BJD Con.:fangirl: He left Seoul today, and is now in flight.

He will be displayed next to the first castings of the Limhwa Half Elf and Human girls, who are 57cm. These two girls made their world debuts in Austin last year, and have appeared at shows in the US and Paris, France.

It is very generous of Limhwa to send her first Mano doll, to be shared with the international doll fans. She is very humbled that so many love her art and I wanted to share the news with you.

Catrina

PS. The Austin BJD convention is August 23-25. There are public hours on Saturday I think.

10. I want to tell you a funny story. We almost didn't get him. Limhwa has been so overworked trying to get the last order for the girls painted and casted during this really humid summer.. she didn't have time to make him a costume.

"Dear Ji Youn," I wrote...

"Everyone will be disappointed if you put a costume on him! They want to see your amazing sculpture, not a costume. Please consider making him a pair of shorts!"

And then.. he left Seoul today.

Catrina

P.S. If you come to Austin, please take pics of Mano. Limhwa's dolls are always much more lovely in person, so my heart is skipping a beat thinking of him being here.

11. That is fantastic Catrina!

We NEED tons of pictures. Hopefully that will help during the waiting period....LOL.

:)

Janine/Angelguardian
      [​IMG]

12. Do you know which resin he's going to be, yet? I'm very curious about the beige urethane version.

13. WOW I can't wait to see him in person! He's SO BEAUTIFUL! And to see him blushed would be AMAZING!

TC
      ps. Catrina, did you get my email?

14. Well he arrived today! Wrapped on the outside package with silver paper and red bows. Limhwa knew I would be driving to Austin all day alone tomorrow on my birthday and so she made him into a present.. HE IS GORGEOUS. Breathtaking! Wow, we just gawked at him all day here like a crew of lovesick girl pirates.

And she tells me she's made new boxes for the Mano boys. They are GOLD. Woo hoo!

I can't wait til you can see him.. just a few more days. Everyone here is in love.

She is also working on finishing up the first Mano order. They will be shipping in two's and four's per day. Not quite done yet though.

Catrina

15. Best wishes, Catrina.

...I don't suppose you know what resin the lovely Mano accompanying you is in, do you? :sweat

16. Catrina was sent the very first sample so he's french resin. lovely lovely french resin:love

17. Ah, thank you. I could have sworn I read the whole thread and didn't see that plainly stated, a little search of the thread only sees me nagging that I wanna know. :sweat Is it traditional for Limhwa to cast french resin first?

18. My Mano was ordered in french resin! Can't wait to see him!

Maybe pics will be up by the time I get home from work Saturday. (Hope....hope)

:)

19. he's a little...thinner than i thought

20. He's a bit attenuated, but all of Limhwa's sculpts are stylized in some way. I think the bad lighting mixed with the body blushing are exagerating the rib cage a bit. :sweat

He looks like one of the fierce drag queens that shops in my store. :XD: :aheartbea