1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Limhwa Limho Mano

May 21, 2007

1. shatia, thanks so much for posting!!! It's always hard to get great pictures at convention type places... the lighting is never the best. Thanks a million for sharing 'em! :aheartbea

I think the angle might be making him look a touch thinner than he really is? He's just so pretty I'm distracted from really figuring it out 83.

2. He actually looks pretty different from what I thought from the pictures of him. And he does look a lot thinner and that body sculpt looks very different to me from the pictures on the site too - or is that just me??

Edit: I don't think it's the ribs - I think it's the pectorals and upper body - it's definitely the chest that's throwing me and seems really thin.

3. The original photos we saw of him were shot from below and lit from above so that would have made his pectorals seem...shorter. :sweat I don't know how else to say that even though it sounds odd. It's hard to see how his proportions work without seeing the entire length of him.

I'm still totally in love. Seeing how different he looks in these new photos just tells me he's going to be a versatile sculpt. Mine will be named Martine, I think. :3nodding:

4. I do admit that the pink lips threw me for a bit (my thought was indeed "drag queen"). Definitely prefer short hair on him. His figure reminds me of this super slim waiter we had while in York, England (at Pizza Hut), Mano could practically be his twin XD.

5. Thank You Shatia for posting these photos. I agree, it's always so hard to take photos at conventions. The lighting usually sucks and there's always a lot of people around making it hard to get a good angle on pictures.

Sighhhhh.......
      I really wanted a doll that had that 'Manly Subtance' for my girls. But to me he looks too skinny and on the feminine side. I don't like how his waist curves in and his faceup looks too heavy. And maybe it's just me but his chest area looks too 'dragged down'.

I do like how his hands are scupted though. And I look forward to seeing owner pictures.

ST. James~I agree...Martine is a perfect name for him.

6. lizbet, I would agree on the faceup and the chest a little bit. I think it might have to do with the fact that the limhwa artist has such a fantastic feminine sensibility. She's internalized the feminine form so well that a bit of it snuck across into her boy sculpt. His pectorals always did seem a touch long to me, (a more feminine quality,) even in the original promo pics. I'm still totally smitten... I have a feeling that once he gets home to people, we'll have some truly gorgeous fellas on our hands. There's a lot of masculine potential in this lanky guy!

7. This is so interesting! He looks different to me. The face up, the wig, and the lighting are the reason. No doubt still very interested in this guy. Can't wait to see more pictures and owner pictures! :D If I get my Mano, he'll have a light natural face up and a dark chocolate brown wig. :)

8. Thanks for all the nice comments on Mano!

When I got to the show, my Canon camera's battery decided not to hold a charge.. so was hoping some of the folks taking pics could post him for you guys.

The show was great! Unfortunately the display room lighting was ORANGE.. which made all the dolls look very matte and dull.

I think as far as Mano's looks.. this happens every time there is a new doll. He's a great one, and I am looking forward to posting some shots once I get back to Ohio. It's a three day drive back for me, so I'm hoping to return tonight. For now, it's still me and Mano and the Day's Inn.

Catrina

9. He does look thinner than the original pics, and the face is very feminine, but I'm thinking that might be the faceup and the wig as well as the lighting. I'd love to see more pictures of this boy with some different looks!

10. Gorgeous! Definitely different from the site photos but one can see he is quite versitile. Hmm, I think some of the thinness and slight oddity about him might also be because the photos have been resized to fit the board. Re-sizing will occassionally warp images abit.

That mouth....and his eyes really are a punch to the guts. *whistles* They're almost shocking when combined with that body.

11. He's a beautiful boy. but doesn't it look like his chest is sagging? It makes sense on the girl bodies since it would be naturally like that with gravity. but for mano, it looks different from the pictures in limhwa. I think it was photographed below him because his chest didn't look so long. His legs are also more feminine because if he were to be muscular there would be some apparent growth of muscle above his knees. He looks more like a model (thin, muscular, feminine), I guess he can't make a Sephiroth that I am looking for. despite Sephiroth's long hair, he has very masculine features.

12. OOh! Niice even better! heehehee, quite beautiful. ^^

I think model thin would be going abit too far...to me he looks more average athletic, not much spare flesh, not overly muscled, just fit and trim.

As for the pecs...I think the blushing, or perhaps because he does have a long torso(not that common really) is just throwing people. They're not actually sagging, the nipples and the rest are in the right place proportionately(take a look at some other body sculpts, or a real man). They're not...plump though, this boy definitely didn't do any pec work in the gym. XD

I'm longing for some backside shots....where are those droolworthy backside photos? XD

13. Luminaire, that's the exact conversation I had with someone about him last night!! He just needs to work on his pecs, and he'd look very manly indeed. x3 I agree that the reason it's throwing people is because it's so slim like that, and it does look a bit sunken and more feminine.

14. His body puts me in mind of David Bowie from "Man Who Fell to Earth"---needless to say I love it!

Is the Mano pictured cast in French resin? This guy would look great in period costume.

15. Luminaire- you could always look at Doll Fair's Limhwa page http://www.limhwa.com/ although I can't wait to see the blushed shots either >.<
      Arianne02- I believe he is, but you would need to ask Catrina to know for sure.

TC

16. Oh my God he is glorious, and pretty and I like my boys either pretty or with great character and he has some of both. The body is sexy slim, not too thin. And those lips pout to die for! I think I finally have my Tomas doll (tall and slender and a pretty face)--my character in my novel. He'll need a long black wig but those smodering eyes can handle it!
      Can't wait till he gets here!
      Susan

17. he'll be released again, though how soon is not yet known since the ordering period for the Limhwa girls just opened and Limhwa will be busy with those.;)

18. Hey....did you see in the News thread....?

Catrina posted about the Manos first order group....

.........."P.S. They will begin shipping from Korea this week, in 2's and 4's per day."

I asked if she will be sending us the tracking numbers for our hunks. :)

Reeaaalllly want to see this guy in person.