1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion thread for Version 2 SA Saint

Jun 13, 2007

1. SA is Slack Afternoon, and means drowsy or partly closed eyes.*

So, yes, SA Saint is the Saint mold with partly opened eyes. In this second version, barely opened eyes.

That doll looks so darned good no matter how much his eyes are opened. Though I think I like SA Saint V. 1 best.

Ann in CT

*except SA Salubia had closed eyes, but she's like that, a bit oddball.

2. I had just decided to get an SA Saint for my next doll, and now they've changed the eyes. Hmm... though I think... I think this look might work even better for him. He's certainly gorgeous!

3. That tanned Saint is definitely Ver.2 SA! I just adore this look!!! Now to scrounge through the sofa to find the spare change to afford him. Ha!!!

Can't wait to see such an intriguing beauty begin showing up on the board!

4. yes, I'm familiar with the V1 but I'm having a hard time telling the difference between the V1 and the V2 SAs. I noticed when I got my SA Bernard that the eyes were kind of small on the actual doll, as opposed to the pictures making them look quite big, so the degree of the eye being opened does not seem to be all that noticeable to me. I was wondering if they did something different with the eyelid to make it look more Asian, or was that just the faceup.

5. i did not like te firs sa saint but now i cant even describe how much i love this one !! :) :)

6. WHAT tanned Saint is a V2 SA? I've only seen one tanned Saint on the board here, http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142229

And he's definitely a regular. I didn't know they even gave the SA as an option.

7. [​IMG]

It's not just the tan version that is V.2, ALL SAINTS from now on, except those specifically asked for will be V.2

We don't know what the nomal new saint looks like. No pictures yet, bu you can buy him.

8. i wonder when will Luts have the version 2 Sa Saint up on shelf *_* I believe version 2 Sa Saint is not Tensiya exclusive ?

9. Hi, I know there hasn't been any official pics of ver.2 Saint (not SA)
      but does anyone know how the mold had changed?
      I also know that there wasn't that much of modification on Saint but I'm just making sure to get everything right before I spend my money^^

This ver.2 Saint really frustrates me cause I was ABOUT TO purchase Saint when they came upT_T

I asked on 1:1board on tensiya whether they are going to take some pics soon... Tensiya crew was really nice about it, and said that they will do it sometime in future.

... BUT grrrrrr I'm not liking this mysteriousness of Ver.2 Saints(SA and normal)
      It's just too much intensity for meT_T

10. From full front of the SA v2 Saint, it looks like the nose is a bit wider or thicker, besides the eye difference. I don't know, though, if they might have already made that change during the course of the first versions, because I have an early-release SA Saint head and the nose is noticeably more slender, and the sides of the bottom of the nostrils much thinner, than the v2 SA, and on the pictures of a recently bought v1 Saint.

11. T_T I guess I can't get a hold of slender nosed Saint either way.

12. Yes you can. Old saint's come up periodically in the market. If your heart is set, then be patient and/or post a want thread stating you want to buy a year old Saint. If you can pay imediately...you're odds are good.

13. I know that tensiya can sometimes be confusing - but what is making folks think that the Ver.1 Saint will not be available? On the tensiya site it says that this is the SA Ver.2 Saint...and that those wishing to buy Ver.1 need make note of it on the 1:1 board. I would be surprised if Ver.1 SA was discontinued...but I've been surprised before. ;)

I have oh...one of the first ten Saints released from tensiya...and I have another Saint about six or seven months older and they are the same mold. No changes in the nose...or eye shape. I also have two SA Saints...from different ordering times of about six months in length and they are identical.

Can someone post pictures if they have Saints that are noticeably different through the nose and eyes?

Still loving this Ver.2 guy...and waiting for the money fairy to come leave the funds under my pillow....

14. I really want to see the new normal Saint. I'm saving up for a Saint but now I'll have to decide between the old and the new one!

15. I knew you could make 1:1 request for ver.1^^;
      I was just worried that the mold had changed during ver.1 period.
      But if what Zagzagael said is true, I won't have any problem.

For now, money is not a big problem for me (cause I saved up already)
      it's just hard deciding b/w ver.1 and ver.2. And it's even harder since I don't even know how ver.2 Saint looks like o_O

16. If Zagzagael says there aren't any changes, I'd believe her. She has one of the most extensive Dollshe collections out there. So it sounds like you can still get the saint you planned on.

17. Thanks for clearing that up Zazagael. I was also under the impression ver 1 would still be available. :) Which is great for the people who still have their hearts set on it!

18. I'm certainly not an expert on dollshe - but thanks for the vote of confidence! :aheartbea And I do think...that tensiya...can be confusing...

I know...that for myself - I want this Ver.2 SA so badly...but am a bit cautious about ordering so quickly as the wait can be long and I would be so discouraged if I opened the box and found a Ver.1 SA boy...I think I'll 1:1 them...just to be extra extra for sure. ;)

I hope we start seeing some of these beauties on the board soon! And I, also, can't wait to see what Ver.2 default Saint looks like!!!!

19. :love :ablink: :drool :drool :doh Man there goes my plans for Bliss/Abadon from Luts...goodness he is hotness to the max!

20. O_o;; I went to Dollmore.net looking for the example of the new Saint, and I can't find him there. They aren't selling Dollshe guys there anymore? Where are they selling them?

EDIT: Oh, iplehouse, duh...

But I heard that the old Saint mold broke, and now the Saints look different. :/ Izzat true?