1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Displaying Dolls

Feb 27, 2007

1. I would not recommend the display case. I have a beautiful one with a halogen light in which I displayed a few Jenny dolls and Barbies. I was removing them from the case months ago and found that the color on the skin had faded, and the dolls closest to the light had their hair actually clump up/almost melt.

2. My Logan just chills on my bed with the others (others being small ones). My room is in the basement with a tiny window that's covered by a wall-scroll. :lol: I think that sunlight isn't a problem. ;) And dust isn't an issue, either, as he gets moved frequently. I love him, but I still want my bed back at night! :P

3. I'm glad I got the curio cabinets that went with my room and didn't get the ones with the lights (I had considered putting some in so I could see the dolls to their best advantage at night)! I didn't realize dolls in a lighted case were in so much danger! Fortunatly I think my mushroom, gothic lifestyle will protect my dollies LOL. The only really well lit room in the house is my daughters. I'm glad I read this thread.

4. I really appreciate the responses to my question :) . I now realize that the halogen-lighted curio wouldn't be any good for the dolls. I didn't know that sunlight was a problem too! I'm wondering though, wouldn't it be more DIRECT sunlight that's a problem? Luckily, because of my husband (who's a vampire) (no really, he just works evenings and sleeps late in the day)we don't have a lot of sunlight in the bedroom ;) Anyway, I'm probably going to have all my dolls on display on the top of my dresser so I can look and play :D That will take care of dust too.
      Again, I thank you all!

5. I put my doll next to my bed, and cover him with a thin transparent fabric. but it is kind scary in the night time...hehee.