1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Distant Memory - Rad discussion!!

Nov 10, 2009

1. Thanks for the tracking help in my PM kim!

aww the site says my guaranteed deliv. date is 12.26 ToT day after x-mas!? that means not till sometime the week after cuz the P.O. wont be running. Ugh another dolly trapped in the P.O. because of x-mas :/

2. Got my heads today!!

First impressions - the head is definitely larger than Peroth, in terms of both size and the broadness of the face. The resin is paler than my Volks, but still in the same colour family. My Peroth has always been a smidge darker than Volks. I think a faceup will even Rad out enough for me. As for the features, he's not bad looking, but more manly looking than Peroth. My Peroth is much, much prettier and finer featured.

Pics aren't great since I thanks to work and the weather I never see daylight, but you can still see the resin difference. And please forgive my messy living room. The Rad head is faceupless as I have yet to figure out who to send him to. He borrowed my Volks SD16 girl body, which is why there are some boobs in the pics and why he is taller than my SD13 Peroth.

[​IMG]

You can see how Rad's nose is broader, he has broader cheekbones, and fuller lips. The eyes are smaller, and I am not sure how I feel about that yet.

Rest of the pics here - http://www.star-scream.net/images/dolls/akio/

3. thanks for the pictures Kim! I think I will definately have to mod the nose and tweak the eyeshape a bit when I get my Rad next year as I want him to more closely resemble Peroth.

God,I wish Esthy would rerelease Peroth and make him standard like Rad.The more time passes,the more I regret selling my Peroth since I finally came to the conclusion that it wasnt the lip that bugged me.It was the whiteskin of all things...

Maybe if we all beg and plead,she'll rerelease him?

4. They very clearly said they wouldn't re-release Peroth ^^' I just asked recently. But one can hope, right?

5. I really hope he is indeed not limited, or else I'll cry. :o
      I really want him, but I won't let myself till at least next month, if not later.

6. Thats why I said we should beg!:lol: Maybe if she knew how popular the head was,she might change her mind.I would certainly love to have a Peroth again,though in normal skin this time.

7. I ordered the head and body, in case anyone beside me is hoping for owner pics of the bod. ^^ Couldn't resist.

8. Oh, Esthy, I was wondering when you'd release another doll...

I fell in love with Peroth, but by the time I first saw him, the ordering period was over DX I keep waiting for one to pop up for sale on LJ or deviantart, but it seems nobody wants go sell their beautiful boy. (Not that I blame them...) I was hoping she'd rerelease Peroth again, but I surpose a new sculpt is ok.

I'm having mixed feelings about Rad, if I ordered him I'd have to sand the his noes slightly (it's slightly too pointed for me...) but the big thing that worries me is his eyes. I'm not sure if they're too far apart... although, with the right face-up could he look a stunning as peroth?

Although, since he's not limated I might just wait and see what everybody else does with him and see how I like him.

Anybody got their Rad and given him a face-up?

9. Mine's getting mailed out in a week or so to get painted. The eyes are a bit too far apart, but if you look at the painted Rad's on Esthy's page, you don't really notice, so I think he definitely benefits from being painted and being put together.

10. I have mine, but no MSC so no faceup yet :'( he's still chillin in his box as of right now, i need to get him eyes/wig/etc but all the plans are there, just not the funds x__x

11. I just got my Rad today and I posted some pics of the body and some resin comparisons here. The body is lovely! I'll definitely want another one for one of my floaty heads. ^^

12. For those who are interested, I have received my Rad, gave him a face-up and just posted some pics.

13. It took forever but i finally got my boy together, he's on an fdoll body and it doesn't look too bad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Umm, I hope this isn't too off-topic here, but would anyone happen to know what's happened to Distant Memory? o_O I had been planning to order from there, but now that I finally have the money the website is down... All I eventually found out was that their domain had expired earlier this month, so I suppose that's why the website doesn't work. The only e-mail address I found was their paypal address, I sent an e-mail over a week ago, but haven't received any answer yet.

So would anyone happen to know anything? I'd really want to get my doll ordered. -__-' Or would someone happen to remember another e-mail address I could send mail to? :P

15. i've been wondering this too~

16. Oh well, apparently it was nothing to worry about after all. The site works again and I was finally able to place an order, three weeks ago actually. x3 I hope they'll be fast~

17. Any one ordereda doll from Distant Memory/ Esthy recently?
      I stumbled upon the website and they have a new sculpt E-Yeon which im dying to have my hands on. *cries*

18. @Shiba801 , Do you have the website link?

EDIT: okay, found it: DISTANTMEMORY

It looks like he only has E-Yeon on sale.

#98 Lilla, Mar 7, 2016
      Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    19. I have! I ordered E-Yeon and he arrived just today! :D

[​IMG]

He's lovely! I got the body as well and it even came wired. :chocoheart

Ugh, but somewhere today some mail person dropped the whole box in a puddle or something...so it arrived quite soggy. I don't even know how they did that! I live in a desert and it's been weeks since we've had moisture. Thankfully the doll was safe, but his storage box is all weird and wet. :pout:

#99 Lady Ravenswood, Mar 7, 2016
      Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    20. I do not understand Korean. so I am afraid that the book . suddenly got it wrong , then how to deal with them ?