1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Distantmemory - Part 2

May 25, 2020

1. My Laeoh head shipped! It’s only been 5 days since I ordered. Are the heads in stock? Definitely wins the fastest resin so far!

2. Mine shipped too! I was really surprised. I thought I would have to wait at least 5 months or longer. If it shipped this fast did the artist already have it made and ready to ship out? All the doll makers I bought from never did this, so I am not sure.

3. Mine shipped as well! Can’t wait to get him
      On the description of the order page it said he would be shipped 2-3 days after payment was confirmed

4. I asked in the dm waiting room but I never got an answer or I guess no one knows, but anyone know of other bodies besides luts and dollfamily? Or what body do you plan to use if you didn’t get dm fullset? I want to start saving for a body and I want to see different options :)

5. This is my first Distant Memory head but I have 2 Nobility doll heads on Loongsoul 73 bodies with 10.5 necks (they also come with 11.2 necks). That is if you want a tall boy and the heads of the two companies are similar sizes. I don’t have any 65cm bodies though.

6. I never made a hybrid doll, but I know of a doll brand I do like the look of the body, but I am not sure if I can mention the brand because I don't see it listed on the on topic doll maker wiki. I never tried to make a hybrid doll, so I don't know if the DM head will fit with the body I want to put the head on.

Maybe immortality of soul will work? I don't know much about hybrid dolls. I haven't tried it yet.

@Kurichan
      I feel switch powder beige might match okay. I haven't bought a switch body, but I always look at the photos. I feel like powder beige might look alright with the skin color of laeoh. I looked at the laeoh head from the site again. From my phone he has a slight red look to his skin, but switch powder beige looks beige yellow.

#66 Forever We Are Young, Mar 2, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
    7. I've seen some people match them with Switch bodies too! Not sure how well they fit, but definitely possible.

My head was shipped too! Since she stated how many heads she had beforehand, as she did with Hwayoung, looks like she prepared them beforehand . I wonder with which casting company she may be working now, does anybody know?

8. My head shipped too!!
      Esthy did say she had prepared a bigger amount this time. You can find it mentioned in the Q&A under the Laeoh head's pictures. Also, she had a picture of the heads waiting in a bag on her blog part (check January post), so that's why it shipped fast, I guess.

I second the Switch body. I have seen people using it. I wonder how good the resin match is.

9. Got Leoh today! I would say he even looks more handsome in real life!! I'm sure we all will love him ❤️

Can't wait to send him for face up (sorry for my terrible pics, I suck at taking pics T_T)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Congrats @Illyria he came to you so fast! He looks so good

11. He looks great. I regret not getting full set now. The instant noodles in the background looks good.

12. Wow! It was really fast! Mine just left Seoul...

He looks gorgeous! I wish I had won the lottery to buy a full set.

13. Do you have to enter a lottery to buy a full set?

@marci12

Thanks! That's how I originally understood the information as, but I started doubting myself when I saw someone say lottery. Oh I just re-read it and finally understood what the person meant. The person meant he/she wished they won the lottery, so could have bought a full set with the money. I don't know why I kept reading it wrong.

@Kurichan
      I wish I could win the lottery too, so I can buy more dolls.

#74 Forever We Are Young, Mar 4, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    14. @ForeverTheFallenOne No lottery. Just read the directions on the blog page for Leoh (English toward bottom). When you emailed her, you just had to let her know if you want a head or full doll.

15. Sorry for the confusion. I just simply wished I had enough money to buy the full set.:sweat :abow:

16. I plan to buy new Laeoh body to be Switch 70 to match my Sunho (loongsoul 68) but I'm not so sure which one i should go HD70 or Attractive body 70 ?

anyone had try distantmemory head on Switch AT70 before? (also im open for other suggestions as well)

here the photos of Laeoh on Switch HD70 (the body is from my other doll mocha brown so it's a lot different color sorry)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#77 oxcnv, Mar 6, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    17. I plan on using a Loongsoul 73cm body with 10.5cm neck or 11.2cm neck. This is what I have used for my Nobility Doll heads. He’s coming tomorrow so we will see…

18. #79 ellie, Mar 8, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 10, 2022