1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DLace Discussion {Ex Machina and Other 1/3 Sculpts}

Jan 10, 2020

1. I admit that I love Dlace's brand of spooky!
      Just a wonderful mix of mythology, archetypes, and iconography :chocoheart

2. Hi all! Hope it's okay to ask here:

Does DLace ever do restocks? I love Ex Machina v1, but it seems like she is out of stock for now.

3. I dont know about the full dolls @keara but he did just do a 2nd run of the no.5 head, so I'd say it isn't impossible!

Sidd note, my male ex machina arrived!!! EEEEEE! Unfortunately my place is such a hot mess I haven't even set him up outside of his box! >> hopefully that happens very soon

4. Oh that's good to know! I won't be sleeping on future releases now ^^ And congrats on your new doll!

5. Yayyyy, plopped naked on a shelf with assorted other naked men!

[​IMG]

The spine gives him such a nice natural posture, it's such a contrast to the doll to the left. I'm worried about all this paint chipping, and I haven't even thought about swapping his pieces yet lol. Didn't realize he'd come with a second pair of hands, either!

For posterity: no CoA or doll box, but he came with my dealer's card as proof of purchase

Edit: oh, and I don’t know if I'm allowed to point it out, but there is an ex machina 1.0 on the DoA marketplace right now!

6. DLace wrote in her weibo that there will be one more reissue of Ex Machina v1 (10 pieces). As far as I know, they are still available via taobao, but not at Dolly Planet international site. You need to find a Chinese dealer or an intermediary to purchase her.

7. I’ve been admiring these wonderfully intricate robotic creations for a while and decided to bite the bullet and buy all 3 :XD: Male ex-machina and 2.0 female through BJDivas on layaway - got all extra parts so long layaway for me! Then the gorgeous original mechanical girl 1.0 from clover-singing. Who I have some awesome plans for!

@Nata-eslava Thank you for pointing out the taobao store! I never would have found it otherwise. I tried to order through Bjd Bhiner but they told me the chest piece was out of stock and if I wanted to order the doll I couldn’t pay through PayPal. Which I was sad about and uncomfortable with, so I went and asked Christina through clover singing if she could acquire her for me. Next day she says she can sell YuYu dolls and she’s up on clover singing’s site! I was absolutely thrilled and couldn’t tell Christina how amazing that is and how happy I was.

I've loved looking at the pictures you guys have been sharing and the ones on weibo. I am just hung up on this aesthetic - I love it.

Now however I’m in a little bit of a pickle, I ordered both ladies custom made wigs but the wig maker needs more measurements that I don’t have since I dont actually have the dolls yet:sweat I ordered early because every custom wig I’ve ever ordered has taken 6+ months to make and arrive. I’m not even sure if anyone has 2.0 yet as I’ve not seen any owner photos.

I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to measure their 1.0 head for me though? I have the pictures of the measurements needed, and already know the girth. I would be so grateful, and my girl would have a decent wig upon arrival.

Anyway I just wanted to share the love for these awesome dolls and can’t wait to get mine :)

8. Ooooooooh, congratulations @shinidoragon
      That is sooooo exciting!
      :sumomo:

I will update the first post in a bit with new clover singing info!

Ah hmm, I don't know of anyone who has 2.0 yet. I have her on order, but still waiting myself. I'm so excited to see heeeeer! :chocoheart
      What are the measurements you need?

9. Thank you so much @Lady Ravenswood ! I hope DLace / YuYu gets some more exposure through clover-singing. I want people to support them so they can make more lovely / creepy dolls!

I want to turn the ex machina 1.0 into a sort of geisha doll, dressed in a Jūnihitoe (currently in progress) with rich purple/blue/black hair in a modern undercut.

I'm putting the photo references under the cut since they aren't DLace specific.

1 head circumference (circle,girth) from the hairline to the bottom of the neck.
      [​IMG]

2 circumference (circle,girth) from the hairline to the middle of the nape.
      3 length from the hairline to the bottom of the nape.
      4 length from ear to ear
      [​IMG]

5 Width of the forehead.
      [​IMG]

I can't wait until 2.0 gets delivered, I really want to see what people do with her. The mechanical pieces are just so amazing to me, I love the intricacy and detail of it. I'm half debating turning her into a warrior type character. My male is going to be a rockstar (not very original, but don't really care, hes perfect for it).

Cyberpunk has had way too much of an effect on me :lol:

10. @shinidoragon
      I got these:
      1. 21 cm
      2. 21.3 cm (blue line)
      3. 13.5 cm (yellow line)
      4. 11.7 cm (ear)
      5. 5 cm ...ish. Sorry sorta hard to know where the definite boundaries of this one are, but close to 5 :sweat

11. Thank You so much for being so helpfull, and so quickly @Lady Ravenswood . I'll be able to send the info over to have her get started.

I really am anxioius to see what 2.0 looks like in some owner's hands, I really love the dichotomy of her soft face and mechanical parts. Guess I'll have plenty of time to plan for mine ^.^

12. Has anyone already gotten their Ex Machina 2.0? ^^ I've finished my layaway and am just waiting on being asked for shipping, so I was wondering if there are already some unboxings of her somewhere to bridge over the last part of the waiting time...

13. Hm, not that I have seen?
      Mine is paid, but not shipped. :3nodding:

14. Same here! Though my Machina Male hasn't arrived yet either :...(
      Divas told me they're shipping each one one at a time to find a safe shipping method, so I am being so desperately patient to not drive them crazy with emails every day

15. @Wolfgang
      Ah, yeah. Shipping is so up in the air right now. That's smart of them to be cautious since it's such an intricate doll.
      Hang in there! :hug:

I'm happy to wait so that they can work at their own pace. It's really hard for all companies right now I think.

16. Slightly regretting a little on not buying a ex machina 1.0 when it first released. I don't find the 2.0 one as appealing

17. Does anyone know what size noggin the Male Machina has? I wanna get him a wig but since it will be lace front I don't wanna take a chance :huh?:

Also, according to BJDivas, the Male Machinas are being held up as Yuyu has optimized some of the joints and is having his caster remake the molds!

Raphael and the 2.0 are taking a while due to their complexity and Yuyu is apologizing profusely.

18. @Wolfgang
      He has a huge head. I can take measurements for you, but maybe not till tomorrow. If that's ok?
      Are there specific measurements you want? Or just a standard around the temples?