1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DLace Discussion {Ex Machina and Other 1/3 Sculpts}

Jan 10, 2020

1. @Lady Ravenswood Just standard around the temples is fine, thank you!! If the wig is a little off anywhere I can figure that out once he gets here. :abow:

(Speaking of, I'm on month 15 waiting for him, and every day somehow I get more excited) :XD:

2. @Wolfgang
      He is 9.5 inches around the temples :3nodding:

3. @Lady Ravenswood WOW you weren't kidding when you said he had a big noggin :o
      Thank you!!!

4. For all that are currently waiting on he Ex Machina 2.0:
      I communiated with my dealer in October regarding the status and completely forgot to share it here ^^" They wrote:
      "The master mold of the 2.0 has been completed for a while, D.Lace's factory has a lot of trouble making all of his dolls because of how complex they are. I'm afraid that I don't know the progress of the adjustments, only that the artist has to do a lot of the work that's normally done by doll-casting factories, so the progress is slow."

But since this info is now already two months old, does anyone here know any more current information? :) tbh I kinda doubt there is, so I didn't want to bother my dealer again, but still wanted to try my luck here :)

5. I ordered through BJDivas and they told me pretty much the same thing. That parts were fiddly so were being cast by hand. This was about a week ago. I do notice DLace offered a new doll, though, so maybe the works are moving along? Have to admit, artists should have a better idea of production times and costs before they offer things for sale. My money is important to me. Dolls becoming less so with every long wait or every jacked up price (looking at you Fairyland.)

just sayin' emails to your customers on specific orders would be appreciated. keep us in the loop.

:roll:

#245 petiteballerine, Dec 4, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    6. @petiteballerine yeah it would be good if DLace were to give a clear new estimate of the waiting/production time... (like if they produce a doll or two per week and look at how many orders they have, then how many months are left) it's easier to wait when there is a clear deadline ^^"
      I'm continuously stalking their weibo for that kind of info, but except for doll convention photos and what seem to be private collection photos, there really isn't much new info on her production...
      But which new doll do you mean?

7. Aw, I guess I just figured it would be a long haul due to the level of intricacy and even just the painting involved.
      Since I already have the previous two Machinas I can only imagine how much work goes into each and every one of these beauties. She'll get here when she gets here and I'll be ecstatic, hehe. :chocoheart

It's tough because when the number of dolls was set low (which makes sense if the dolls are so intensive to make), the artist got a lot of negative comments. So they generously allowed more dolls to be made. Then they got negative comments again because they were changing the "limited" factor of the dolls. Which is silly to me. But yeah, I dunno. The balance is tricky.

I'm just excited to see what comes out. When the first Machina came out I legit thought it was an artist doll of 1 only, so I was THRILLED that it was an actual release of dolls. Heh.

I know there are some companies that I would not want to wait a year or more for a doll because I'd be very worried, but DLace has never worried me that way. That's personal of course, as each hobbyist is absolutely allowed their own comfort level with such things.

8. [​IMG]
      DLace posted this reply to a post a day ago with the (eng translation) caption: "Looking forward to more returns" and the photos look like possible owner photos, so maybe it's not going to be long until we'll get new info? :aeyepop: except if that person is either his factory or other helpers/quality checkers...

EDIT: ookay the link to that particular weibo picture doesn't seem to work the moment I posted... but it's still one of the first posts on his weibo

@Lady Ravenswood it's true that with the level of intricacy it's expected to take a long time (the jointed robotic arms are going to be mind-blowing I think!!) I also settled in for a long wait and am by no way worried, I have yet to see any bad feedback for DLace, which is amazing ^^ I'm just too exited so I'm trying to find as much info as possible :XD:
      It's really interesting to hear about the reactions to the previous releases (oh I wish more people would post owner pictures...), what do you think of the Ex Machina 2.0s release? While other dealers seem to only have a limited amount they could sell and are now sold out, dollyplanet seems to still have some in-stock, so I'm wondering what reactions there are to that (or of course it's possible that the 2.0 is not as popular, which would be a pity) Were the previous comments on his weibo?
      Oh, may I ask how long you had to wait for your two machinas? :goldstar

BTW, DLace seems to have started their own instagram! Login • Instagram

9. Ah! Thank you for the link to the instagram! :chocoheart
      I'll add it to the first post!

And omg, omg, omg! I got an invoice for shipping for my 2.0 so....she's heading out soon! :love

I'm just a little terrified about christmas mail, but I'm also super excited. Mail is so delayed right now. :: sweats :: I have another package that has been in limbo for months and months.

Ah, the reactions were on different platforms. I was certain that 2.0 would sell out quickly when she was released, so I am very surprised that she is still available. All the Machinas are soooo beautiful. I really just want to see them around! :chocoheart:chocoheart:chocoheart

10. @Lady Ravenswood Ahhhh that's so amazing to hear that you'll soon get yours!!! :dance:dance I'm knocking on wood for you that nothing happens in the Mail, Christmas time can be scary... (did you contact the postal service about the other package? sometimes calling them helps)
      Now that she is on the way to you, what are looking forward to the most about her? For me it's the head and the robotic arms :D

11. @Miistery
      Ah yes, the other package is being monitored by myself and the sender. :thumbup

I am soooo excited for the arms. I got both mechanical arms. :chocoheart
      I also got the mechanical arm for Ex Machina male, and the clear bust cover for Ex Machina 1.0. So it shall be a lot of goodness! :chocoheart Just have to continue being patient. :3nodding:

12. I feel like with DLace's dolls, one really has to splurge on their mechanical doll parts!! they are beautiful and such a rare/novel thing for BJDs! :XD: I'm still eyeing the statue of liberty head to put on the 2.0, because it can m o v e on its o w n and that kills me :dance
      But is the mechanical arm of the Ex Machina male jointed with string or hinge-jointed? The 2.0's hands kinda look more hinge-jointed, right?

13. Im getting in the mechanical arm for male ex machina, plus two no.4 heads, whenever they're ready... I had them on a 5 or 6 month layaway that ended in October, and divas says they're coming in as they're finished, aka, they're not in :sweat im good with it, though. I'll let you know once I get the arm, assuming someone else doesn't beat me to it!

People who have done faceups on the mecha stuff that comes with paint... whats your strategy going to be for faceups/faceup removal without damaging the inner paint? I'll admit, i've never had to worry about not getting remover inside the dolls head before. I guess I'll just... be careful?? But I usually do a bit of messy scrubbing, and im willy-nilly about removing faceups whenever i feel like it... oh well, part of the charm, I guess. Maybe I can mask it somehow

14. @Xila
      The inner faces all come out/are seperate parts. Or do you mean for Ex Machina Male?

15. Oh yes, I have the male only right now! I'm sure his inner parts would come out somehow, but im afraid of all the tiny hinges, I dont know how well they'd go back together :eek:

16. @Xila
      Ah, yes. He is the only one where they are attached. I would also guess you'd have to mask off the inner face. Though it's extra tricky since the insides of the outer face plates are painted too. Hm...

Has everyone seen the new Ex Machina Male 2.0? He is MSD size! I loooooove the pod! :chocoheart

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

17. I saw the pod as well!! It'd have been nice to put one of the other Ex Machinas in it, but the size won't work... but it could be a fancy doll carrier for smaller dolls?
      I like the male 2.0's head a lot due to the mechanism, but I'm not sure on this body version :sweat

@Xila please keep us updated on if masking off helped!! I'm sure others might run into the same situation in the future ^^

18. Looks like Dolly Planet will be selling the Machina Male 2.0 and there will be a refundable interest deposit for the SD version of this guy. If there is enough interest (10 deposits) he'll be around 1500USD for the SD version 68cm, and 850USD for the Fashion Mini version, both fully painted with no other options currently available. There is no limit to how many can be made, but this first run 20 of each size will be available. The Fashion Mini version doesn't need an interest deposit, only the SD :)

19. Interesting! So he will be in both sizes?
      And here I thought I would be safe since he was MSD....
      Welp, gotta think on this.

20. Oh boy...

Are there more photos, or a link to the sale page?