1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DLace Discussion {Ex Machina and Other 1/3 Sculpts}

Jan 10, 2020

1. This is all from Dolly Planet's Taobao page Here :)

The Text on the page reads as follows:

【Yuyu Sauce】 Produced by studio

Mechanical Man 2.0

If you place an order, please be sure to add a pig in the shop, Wangwang friends! Convenient notification to make up the balance/check the shipping address
      Freight is paid by SF Express by default

Not in stock, you can wait for the construction period before placing an order

Start with 10 sets! If there are less than 10 sets, the deposit will be refunded!

Selling price:

4-extension mechanical male 2.0 including coating: 4999 (starting from 10 sets) (Price in RMB, in USD approx 850)

3-extension mechanical male 2.0 including coating: 8999 (starting from 10 sets) (Same as before, price in USD is around 1500)

Additional purchase option:

4 points space capsule with painting: 3000 (500~ USD)

3 points, the capsule is too big to do

There is a chance that all the joints of the coating will rub off the makeup, which cannot be avoided!

There may also be consumption during transportation.

Number of first positions opened:

20 bodies per size.

From the resumption of work after one year, the 4-split construction period will be about 5-8 months.

3 points If the quantity is reached, the construction period will be about 8-10 months.

Precautions:

1. BJD baby is mainly made of resin, and a small number of mechanical swords are 3D printed parts.

2. The finished product that is turned out of the mold will be inspected and then shipped, but the handmade product cannot be completely smooth and free of minor defects.

Mechanical male 2.0 4 points size

Height 45cm
      Neck circumference 9.5-10 cm
      Shoulder width 17cm
      Bust 28cm
      Waist circumference 22cm
      Leg length 25cm

Space capsule 4 points in size
      Height 60cm
      Width The widest part is 22cm
      Thickness 18cm

Mechanical male 2.0 3 points size
      Height 68cm
      Shoulder width 25.6cm
      Bust 42.3cm
      Waist circumference 33.2cm
      Leg length 37.7cm

The pictures below are all pictures of the 4-point size mechanical man 2.0 and the space capsule.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#261 Wolfgang, Dec 26, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    2. Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys

[​IMG]

She came :aangel:

3. @Grimalkin
      Thank you so much!
      Ex Machina 2.0 is sooooo gorgeous. It's so neat to be able to put them side by side too! :chocoheart

She has soooooo many parts. There were 4 extra boxes of just individually wrapped parts for her. She was wrapped so SUPER well. :D

4. What a terrific photo! So exciting to see this girl shipping.Congrats, @Lady Ravenswood .

5. Ohhh @Lady Ravenswood your collection is so divine! They look amazing together!!!

I think male ex machina 2.0 loses me with those bulging veins and raw biological look, even in SD size, which I'm relieved about! lol. Interesting that (iirc, haven't checked in a day or two) they're leaning to a smaller SD, not a honking 75cm like 1.0.

6. Congratulations, @Lady Ravenswood !!! And she came so fast!! :blush they look so beautiful and peaceful together, such a divine collection!!
      and good to hear how well they come wrapped!! :celebrate how big was the shipping box?

do you have any specific plans with them already? Outfit/face-up/display style?

7. @Miistery
      The box was about normal size.

There is no company box, just the shipping box, but the doll itself had a foam sarcophagus like cut-out thing so she was super secure. :thumbup

And then there were 4 little boxes of individually wrapped parts for her since I got both mechanical arms and the extra torso. :chocoheart

I do have ideas on how to paint them....but I also love them blank so I have not started that project yet.
      It's funny. Some dolls are so sculptural I really just love their blank forms. This happened with my Pathos Tale Pan. I loved her blank, but I painted her...and I almost consider wiping her blank again a lot...but I don't dislike the painting so....hmm.
      So for now, I am just enjoying them as is. I love the mechanical default painting that DLace does. :chocoheart

But my original Ex Machina is named Pandora, so I want to paint her like a laquered box.
      I want to put little metal butterflies inside my Ex Machina Male's rib cage, and moss.
      I might make my Ex Machina 2.0 Midas, since she has the beautiful mechanical hands. :)

8. Hello everyone and congrats on all of your acquisitions:celebrate

Could I ask for some advice on their experience with Dolly Planet? Are they responsive and somewhat on the spot with their deliveries?

Thank you so much for any reply!

9. Hi guys! I'm getting back into the hobby after years of absence and I absolutely fell in love with Ex Machina. I was surprised to see she was in stock on Dolly Planet so I placed my order yesterday... but the order status says the order "failed". Does anyone know what that could mean? The money did go through.

10. hey guys! i want to buy a body from dolly planet (this one: 白零|WHITE 1/3 BJD – 68CM Male Body No.1 - dollyplanet ) does anyone has their doll in white/normal, AND switch doll in powder beige? I want this body for my switch head, but I'm not sure about skintone, so if anyone can help me, i'll be very grateful!

11. @Matango
      Hmm, I'm not sure. I would contact them by email and I'm sure they can help you.
      The Ex Machina was re-released, so I hope you can snag her and show her off here please! :hug:

@Ouji-Sama
      All of my ex-machina are in white resin. It is very pale with a slight yellow undertone. But I'm afraid I don't have the Switch resin you are looking for.
      I'm not actually certain if DLace and
      白零|WHITE have the same caster. I love their torsos! But I haven't managed to pick one up yet. Does anyone have both of those artists' work? I'm really interested now. :)

12. @Lady Ravenswood I just checked the order status and it now says "Paid"! I guess they had to confirm the order manually. Gah I'm so excited :o I haven't received any emails from the company though, just PayPal. Is that normal?

How long do they usually take before they ship from your experience?

Have you guys managed to find any bottoms that fit her bum or eyes that fit her faceplate? I think I may try to just make a pair of eyes myself when she arrives.

13. @Matango Hi! I don't know how it is specifically for Ex Machina 1.0/original, but Dlace is currently working on and shipping off the 2.0's one by one. Since the 1.0 is a bit less difficult to cast I guess the caster they work with can lighten their workload, but it would depend on how much of the process they do themselves. I don't know how long your layaway is, but I highly doubt she will be ready to ship before it ends, it'll probably be a wait that is a few months more even

I haven't found eyes that fit the 1.0's head yet since the inner parts are a bit bulky, but I haven't tried eye chips yet, perhaps they are flat enough! Otherwise selfmade should work ^^

14. @Miistery Thanks for the info! I actually paid the whole amount upfront but I'm mentally ready for at least 5 months of waiting. If they ship her out early it will be a pleasant surprise.

15. Hi everyone!
      I was looking at clothes and shoes while waiting for the 2.0 and found a few cute shoes that would require heeled feet and not the flat feet she has. So I was looking into which company has compatible feet that I could hybrid her with for the shoe styles I'm planning for. I realised I also would love to have Tabi-compatible feet, which as far as I've seen only Volks has right now?

Onto my question: Does anyone know or could anyone try out what feet she's compatible with within your respective collections? I'm not looking for resin matches since she'll usually wear socks or long clothes to closed shoes, but I'm looking for shape matches. I've seen that the 2.0's ankles seem to have an ankle ball? But I can't tell which company's feet the ball shape/ankle size and the hook system will fit...
      @Lady Ravenswood , as far as I've seen you're the only one currently active in this thread that already has the 2.0, would it perhaps be possible to see close-up photos of the ankle system? I would be very thankful

16. @Miistery

[​IMG]

Ex Machina 2.0 has a standard, round ball joint ankle. It's about 2cm wide. The actual cup is a separate piece and is lifted up to slip the s-hook off the bar on the foot. It is a resin bar.
      The s-hook is the kind that has a longer bar in the center, rather than a simple s shape.

Sorry, I wasn't able to try out heel feet I have, but I hope that helps some!
      I have used Dollmore Model heel feet on my Ex Machina (1.0) though I don't know if that is helpful to you as those are larger than standard.

17. @Lady Ravenswood thank you so so much for taking some time out of your day to find an answer!! I feel like I am much closer to finding good feet for the 2.0 :celebrate especially the ball size is probably going to be very useful. I'll ask around on insta/facebook for the specific brands I'm currently looking at if other dolls have the same diameter. Thank you also for the info that Dollmore Model heel feet would probably not fit!
      It's interesting how the s-hook is shaped and that the bar is made of resin, the first is perhaps because of the diameter of the leg channel, but the second I've always wondered if it were structurally better or worse than metal bars