1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DLace Discussion {Ex Machina and Other 1/3 Sculpts}

Jan 10, 2020

1. I believe I should share this here. I wrote DLace on instagram about my situation with the 2.0, to find out more to appease my mind. I asked him a time estimate for when he will send out the BJDivas orders.
      So uh he replies super fast, yay! The content though is a biit worrying...

I will write here what he wrote:
      "Hi! I am so so so sorry for this. This work is very hard to make a mold. And the situation in China is very complicated. The city is in a lockdown randomly because of Covid-19's......
      I am so sorry I didn't know you are still waiting for this. I promise you I will make one as soon as I can. Is that ok I make one in 3 month?
      I will send it to you in this year, is that ok? I am so so so sorry.
      It is all my fault. Bjdivas was told me last year, I forget...."

...oh boi.

2. Goodness, I didn't realize they were so backed up! I'm feeling better about the thought of doing a super long layaway for Ex Machina Male 2.0 now though. I decided I ought to take the plunge there since I'm unlikely to change my mind about him in the next two years.

3. Popping in to share pics of the faceup I did for my 1.0 and ask a question: can any of you recommend jointed hands that would be a good match for DLace white skin? Actually, any jointed hands that fit the body would be fine as I've just had an idea to paint her arms metallic gray to match the chest piece :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#323 Matango, Jan 14, 2023
      Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    4. Positive update: Being able to chat with DLace really helped. I was contacted last week by my dealer to pay for shipping!! The current estimate is that she'll arrive in 1-1.5 months, if all goes well with shipping and customs!
      In the last 8 months DLace made three new molds to complete the 4 orders before me and mine (contrary to my worry that he would just make the order of the customers that go to speak to him directly).

I'm still apprehensive at the fact that in october he didn't know of these (minimum) 5 Ex Machina 2.0 orders even though I asked my dealer in early and in late summer if there was any movement in the line. I guess either so much happened until october that he forgot in the meantime, or that my dealer only checked their list and did not ask for an update from him between spring and autumn or longer. I'll inform the dealer of what DLace wrote once the doll has arrived as a final feedback.

5. The Ex Machina 2.0 arrived!! :XD:
      Sadly two pieces in her head mechanism broke, luckily the magnets hold it in a way that it stays together (even though the top part does not move due to that)

[​IMG]

What you'll notice however are four things I didn't order :sweat (faceup, right mechanical arm, human torso, and the crotch piece of the armor set) so I'm currently ready to pack her back up again since this might be someone else's order... I'll see what my dealer says :sweat

6. hi just popping in wondering If anyone has any owner pics they could possibly share of the 41 cm sculpt by
      白零 WHITE? I'm eyeing the A2 head option and just curious to see what it looks like w a faceup and dressed. sorry if this is the wrong thread, I have a feeling it is :doh

#326 strawberry_parade, Sep 8, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    7. I'd really like to see the human torso clothed, if anyone could do that? Or just more pictures in general

8. Mechanical Girl v1 :)

[​IMG]

#328 keara, Sep 20, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    9. They do have very unique sculpts. I am glad that I don't check their page often or the space zoo might have been ordered LOL. They take their time but they do deliver the dolls. Hope everyone waiting for a doll gets them soon.

10. Space zoo? Could you link to that?