1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DLace Discussion {Ex Machina and Other 1/3 Sculpts}

Jan 10, 2020

1. I also thought of building my Witch's head a headback to use it as normal head. I actually only liked her face and I'm not really happy about the crown (I just don't like the idea they just used the crown and brain parts of their full skeleton boy). But I won't get her an own full body, the doll stand is just perfect for my lack of free doll space^^

2. Thank you very much for the picture! She looks really nice on this April Story body.
      Sadly mine is NS, and a very yellow one, so I don't know what body may fit her (or him). I thought about an old Volks body, but the neck may be too large and I don't like very much simple jointed bodies.
      Well, if Loongsoul would still accepted custom color orders, I would have bought a bloom body. I fear my n°5 will stay a floating head for a while!

3. The male ex machina is very tempting. I do think he will be joining the family (my female ex machina needs a friend). Wonder if they will release more optional parts other than the guitar, like they did for the gal? Did think about picking up one of the No5 heads for my gal. Would love it if the No4 fit the male, too bad.

It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to build a head back for the witch (very tempting).

4. I've emailed dolly planet requesting some specific pics of ex machina male, and asking a few questions. They said wait 2 weeks. I waited about 3 and then gave them a nudge. About a week later, still no response. Those of you who have actually ordered through dolly planet, was the communication ok? Is this normal?

5. @Xila I ordered their new female heads and have had almost instant communication; but in the past, sometimes they wouldnt answer me, but I think its more an issue with hotmail than them, Im also thinking maybe the Covid19 might be an issue

One place they always replied to me was on facebook, you should try there :)
      KOK DOLL Collection

6. I have always had quick communication with Dolly Planet, but as said above it may be that communication between them and the artist of Ex Machina Male is slowed down right now due to coronavirus. I would ask them again. What specific things were you trying to see on Ex Machina Male? ^__^

7. Thanks, @GreenTeaSlug and @Lady Ravenswood ! I'm not giving up, I'm just antsy because there's a secondhand doll I asked the seller about (completely unrelated), and they havent gotten back to me, either. So I'm like, why! Let me give you money, doll people! :lol:

I was specifically asking about seeing the mechanic/flesh hips from the back (curious about the butt, not gonna lie). I was also asking to see what was underneath all his removable torso panels. We only get to see behind some. I also asked if he came with a heart, since some pics show there is a heart, and some pics show the spot empty. And lastly, I asked about their maximum layaway. :chomp:

8. Hi, guys. i have ex machina female and i have a hard time to find her clothes. Apparently she's larger than feeple70.(waist, chest and hips). Did you find a similarity with ohers sd bodies? Thank you.

9. I was lucky enough to get an Ex-Machina girl last year second hand (a grail she's just so perfect I've been to scared to do her face lol....) I want to get her clear chest part and the sword arm for her but priorities of university> dolls (which is not very cash money)

She has a bunch of alternative futuristic-y clothing I made for her and a pink bob wig! I had to make custom clothes mostly because her butt is so big lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robots are my weakness...

10. I saw that outfit on instagram, @IpLemons ! Absolutely amazing! I think the black mesh suit with the pink wig will look wonderful together!

Also, omg rude, dlace/dollyplanet posted new pictures of the exact ex machina part I had asked for more pictures of, without providing pictures of the thing I specifically asked to see (I'm kidding, it's not a big deal, I find humor in it, and of course I'm not entitled to anything from them. :lol: I'm getting him either way, I'm just settling some tax stuff first)

seriously, though, a metal penis part for male ex machina was just released, for those who didn't see it. I was planning on just keeping the magnet parts off completely, but I'm such a sucker for getting allllllllll of the parts associated with a doll......

Dollyplanet did respond to me on facebook! For posterity: 6 months is their maximum layaway*, with 30% deposit upfront. (Or you can do the deposit, and then pay the remainder when the doll is ready to ship). I remember looking for this info on their website and not being able to find it, so I wanted to cross-post it here.

*= I specified "for a doll over $1000" when I asked, so while this is probably their general layaway policy, I cant guarantee it

11. i’m being tested to the absolute maximum of my abilities to have self control to not order a fullset with makeup. Also I wish his “extra part” was a part of the normal set lol that’s a lot of money for a little robot guy...

The body blushing on my Ex Machina is REALLY cool and I highly reccomend it and will definitely get it on future dolls. I do my own makeup on all my dolls but body blushing is a pain if the doll isn’t already in pieces etc etc. time consuming work when you are in the range of dolls I have >_>. And tbh they do a really good thorough job!!! I keep staring at him. I love his removable tiddies.

12. OMG! This is the first time I saw something like this for real. I WANT HER SO BAD . Thank you for sharing!

13. Join us, @GreyNia ! :lol:

Is her entire body blushed, @IpLemons , or just the mechanical parts? Have you seen any chipping so far? The body blusing on ex machina male looks awesome, but isn't quite what I want, though I do really like how they do the metal parts. Oh, and also, I'm required to encourage you to succumb to temptation ;) they would look so cool together!

14. her entire body is done with cute freckles and she has a mani-pedi. Her face is also freckled but lacking a faceup and her robot joint parts are colored in on her elbows and knees. The “brain” parts are 3D printed so i think theyre automatically that color. Her chest is also done.’Its really attractively done and it is a faceup that can be expanded upon easily by an artist (i would be the artist in this case)

She’s very cute just the way she is and despite my confidence in my abilities I’d need to play around in cspaint to mock up some faces for her lol.

15. Omg love seeing the pics of your ex machina girls! <3 I'm very strongly considering getting ex machina male he's just so incredible and unique. I'm just having a crisis over which skin color I want haha

16. So happy to see DLace getting love and attention too! I only recently discovered them but I've fallen head over heels for their sculpts, which are sooo gorgeous. Plus I love that the bust stands they make are not actual busts (head and shoulders only) but rather almost full-body figures cut off at the thigh! I was considering buying a full body to hybrid my Doll Chateau Evangeline head, but now I'm wondering if it might be a cool idea to purchase their 1/3 female body stand for a Pygmalion-like character instead. ;O

Also, let me just point everyone to DLace's newest 1/3 sculpt, this Medusa boy!! The snakes' heads are even removable! He was released just a few days ago and has absolutely stolen my heart. Hopefully he'll steal yours, too, lolol. :blush
      [​IMG]

17. Oooooih that is cool

18. AHHHHHHHH they need to stop this seriously this is unfair!!!! ;-; the COVID stuff has me in a financial bind!!!

19. The boy medusa is amazing :D I'm already planning on getting him! If anyone else is looking for ideas for him. Could also be a her easily! I believe the 70cm impldoll idol female body would work quite well since it has the right neck and shoulder length.

For male Body hybrids. the 72cm boy from Doll family H would be a suitable body as well too. If anyone else has ideas on bodies prob be a good idea to share them here!

He is already have a plan xD just no name yet but I'll think of one.

20. Could anyone inform me what the Dlace normal skin resin is like? Does it have pink'ish undertones- or is more like yellow'ish in colour? :3