1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DLace Discussion {Ex Machina and Other 1/3 Sculpts}

Jan 10, 2020

1. I've ignored looking at the ex-machina male for a while because I'm still simping over it but I decided I can reward myself with him if I get into the graduate school I want to go to (they give good stipends...) but those results will be a year-ish so..... Also I've been considering getting some of the new torso stands because I have 27 dolls and 1 on the way thus my space is filling up especially since most of the ~cool~ sculpts are 1/3... so it may be hybrid stand-o-clock......

2. Well, the process has been initiated... male ex machina 12 month layaway with bjdivas is a Go! :mwahaha

3. Oooh, congrats @Xila :sumomo::sumomo:
      Eeeee, so excited for these bots to come home and see what everyone does with them.

@IpLemons
      I hope you can get him! :chocoheart
      And yes, those stands are gorgeous too. :3nodding:

Well...I started working on my Ex Machina female. I made one of her braids. I don't have much experience with making wigs, but it came out pretty good! So now to make a second braid for her. It feels good to get started on her.

4. Is anybody else losing their minds over all the new parts the Machina Male is getting? That arm and that mechanism in a second head? I'm sold...I wonder if we can add them to existing orders, or if they can be bought seperately. I would love to see that arm without the skull on top if possible, I have a character that would look great with it! :D

5. @Wolfgang
      YESSSSSS!!!!!! :chocoheart:chocoheart:chocoheart:chocoheart:chocoheart:chocoheart
      I love them so muuuuuuuuch. I want the arm, and the spinny head cap, and that crazy head that is all cut up and swivels.
      They are amazing.

:nosebleed

6. I have a DLace boy, Kyle the half skeleton version, but he is a bust? He is 1/3 scale but he only goes down too the lower thighs. I call him El Novio Olvidado. I was working on painting him before I had a little disaster break out.
      He is a ghost, and will be done up in a monochromatic scheme when done.
      [​IMG]

About how far I was in doing his face up before shit hit the fan.
      [​IMG]

7. @PennyForTheGuy He's looking super good so far! I will be needing to get this guy too. I really wish they had a version with legs though. . . .

8. Hey Wolfgang, where can I see this new arm
      And head parts for the machina male? I’ve been lurking this thread as I’m loving all of the DLace stuff. I’m eyeing the machina male, he’s freaking awesome. I might cave at the end of the year for him.

Loving everyone’s DLace photos, spam away, love them.

9. @PowerAndWeakness
      You can see them on their Instagram page. :fangirl:

Edit:
      I updated the first post with the instagram and facebook pages for DollyPlanet and added that BJDivas is also a dealer for Ex Machina Male. :3nodding:
      If there is other info people think of that would be helpful, let me know and I can edit the first post. :thumbup

#89 Lady Ravenswood, Jun 6, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    10. Thank you for the link and the extra information.
      Okay, my jaw just dropped.

I love everything about this guy and will look into making it happen at the end of the year. I’m not a fan of the skull on the shoulder either but I’m sure I could easily mod it a bit to be more just a bio mech design and more to my liking.

wow. So cool. I’m sold.

11. Hello! Just an update..... I placed my order for the Medusa head on May 20 and got a shipping notification today! So fast what! :aeyepop:

12. Yay!! Please spam us with photos when the head arrives. I’d love to see as I’m interested in this head also.

13. So, just received it last night! It was packed in 2 cardboard boxes and layered in bubblewrap, but not other packaging, except his little tongue came in a small resealable bag. 3 of the snakes broke off in shipping but they are separate pieces and were just super glued on anyway so I can easily fix. Also didn't come with CoA or anything.

It's really heavy like I expected, and resin is a little bit rough. Face plate comes off nicely, but little hard to get back on because of the rigged line of where the snakes end. I got in white resin. Overall I'm pretty happy! Can't wait to do faceup. I can post more photo when I have some time.

[​IMG]

14. I've been trying not to plan more doll buying for this year. . . but apparently I've resigned myself to the fact that as soon as my other dolls are paid off, I will be orderng the Ex Machina Male. Mostly I now know this because he suddenly has a name; Caliban, and that is always the first step towards dooming myself to buy a doll.

15. Holy sh*t you got yours already!!!! CONGRAAAAATTTSSS!!!! omg now I'm hoping and waiting for my shipping notice qwq

16. Hello hello!! I don't have any photos (bc I took them on my phone) but my M. Medusa arrived! But she decided she was a F. Medusa and I'm just going with the flow hehe. She arrived just this month though, Sept. 2nd, so it took a couple more months longer then others, probably because of the PH's postal offices closing due to the pandemic. She's unexpectedly... delicate, for me at least. Like all those snakes!! Whew, I was very nervous about handling it, as was my 7 year old brother, who was watching a distance away haha. But nevertheless, she's goreous, and I've a few silly ideas for her. Imagine all her snakes on her head, but instead of fierce snakes, they're all just those dorky worms on a string ^^;; She's probably not going to be as silly as that, but the thought made me laugh :XD: but for now, she's cooling inside my closet, let's cross our fingers she gets a faceup in the near future ^^

17. Just got a notice from dollyplanet that they'll be shipping my ex machina boy out next month! So excited :o
      Was kind of bummed that there was only white and regular skin choices available - I might do something outlandish with him and go metalic but I'll know better when I see him in person :o

18. Oh! Congratulations @illyrimur :sumomo:

I have not heard anything yet on my order. Oooooh, that makes me extra excited too.
      Please do show him off a lot! :fangirl:

Metallic sounds exciting.
      Have you all seen the angel? She is so lovely. I don't usually do MSD size....but I'm so tempted!

Edit:
      I just noticed that Moonlight BJD is also offering the angel and some other items, so I added them to the first post. They are listing the company as YUYU Doll.

#98 Lady Ravenswood, Sep 24, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    19. @eichispee if you get the chance can you describe the head hole/adaptor? I would eventually like to buy the head but I can't tell what type of doll body would work for it and whether or not it takes an S hook based off the product photo...

20. I took some quick pics of the neck hole! Body with normal S hook should be ok! I'm not sure what size the neck is honestly it's smaller than 10cm though! [​IMG] [​IMG]