1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DLace Discussion {Ex Machina and Other 1/3 Sculpts}

Jan 10, 2020

1. @eichispee thank you!! That's a relief it's a normal S hook since I'm more familiar with it, and it's good to know that it's smaller than 10 CM, since the website says 10.5 CM

2. Yeah! I think the head would fit better on a 60cm body or a taller slim one like doll chateau :sweatI tried it on one my Switch bodies which have 10.5cm neck and it didn't fit neck was waaay too big and the head looked really small and goofy!

3. I've been playing a bit with my No. 5 head. :chocoheart

She got a new body. Instead of the April Story body I had her on before she now has a Volks SDGr girl body. It's one of my favorite doll bodies because it's so fun to dress. So I am very happy. Hehe. And this particular body came with the cutest manicure. She also got a lovely wig. :chocoheart

Still needs a faceup...
      [​IMG]

4. @Lady Ravenswood Her outfit looks really cute, and her wig is gorgeous! I'm curious to see what she will look like when she will have her faceup.

5. Ah, thank you @Follow-the-Wind
      I am too! :lol:
      I actually have no idea how I want to style her yet... so I am just playing with this and that still. See what sticks. Hehe.

6. So, I don't know if it matters to us overseas, but on their Weibo YuYu(Dlace) Says that the Ex machina's will have a lifetime warranty, so long as we ship the broken (or chipped blushing) Back to them!

"瑜瑜酱将为所有售出的机械姬和机械男机械部分(包括机械臂)的涂装和零件提供终身免费的补妆和维修服务,再次感谢大家的支持。

请不要邮寄整娃,打包需要维修的部分就好。之后我们会更新机械男的拆卸和组装视频。"

"Yuyujiang will provide life-long free makeup and repair services for the painting and parts of all the mechanical Ji and mechanical parts (including mechanical arms) sold. Thank you again for your support. Please do not mail the whole baby, just pack the parts that need repair. Later we will update the disassembly and assembly video of the mechanical man."

Along with said post, they showed this, meaning they're coming along, hopefully soon!

[​IMG]

They're also working on what appears to be two matching bust stands for the Ex Machina Male head, both of a burst open chest, one being robotic and the other being more human in appearance.

Exciting!

I don't want to post the image directly here, as they are sort of implied gore, so click through at your own risk!

7. Wow :chocoheart
      Every time DLace/YuYu shows something new I am blown away. Thank you so much for sharing this info! It's great to see everything coming along! Eeeeee, I'm so excited!!! :D

8. That bust link doesn't work for me, but I did manage to snoop for it! Here's a direct link to their weibo: 微博

I love how much dlace loves this doll... you can tell it's their pet project and labor of love :) and I love it, too

@Lady Ravenswood your no. 5 is looking amazing! I adore that wig! Where is it from? Makes me want more dance robots :D

if only I had the funds to pay off my ex machina and get him asap! Alas, one year layaway for me

9. My apologies, I don't post in forums very often so I'm never quite sure which links will work where *_*
      But yes! They post a lot of WIPs to their Weibo and I've been patiently peeking at it every few days to see how the Machinas are coming along...hopefully I have a bit more time before Divas sends me the dreaded email that they've arrived...

10. Ah, great! I've added the link to the weibo on the first post. :)

@Xila
      The wig is by forty.nine :chocoheart

11. Does anyone have resin matches for the Medusa M. Head in white? I want to keep my eye out for bodies but I want to try and find resin matches before I jump the gun. (And any other white resin Dlace models, for that matter)

12. Oh yessssssss :chocoheart
      By happy coincidence, the spare hands from The Witch bust fit on the wrist balls from the Volks SDGr girl body once I change out the s-hooks! :dance

[​IMG]

No. 5 is coming along so nicely! I might name her Arachne. :spider:

@bigcanetoad
      My No. 5 above is in white resin and is on a Volks WS body from 2011. The head match is very close. The hands which are slightly newer are very close, but a touch more pale. The head arrived with a slight pink undertone, but is mellowing to a creamy undertone. I've also tried this head on an April Story white resin body and that match was good as well.
      My Ex Machina female is also white resin and arrived with a more yellow undertone, so there is some variation. You can see my Ex Machina's arm at the edge of the photo above. They are closer in color now. The photo is unedited, cloudy natural light.
      I can't say for sure with the Medusa head as I don't own that one.
      I hope that helps a little bit.

13. Has anyone else gotten an email about their Machina Males? Doing the math from the post Illyrimur made mine is probably going to be finished in January unless they're making them all in one huge batch. (Which Yuyu is known for doing) :?
      I'm just waiting for the email from Divas so impatiently...Even though I've only paid them off partway.

14. I have not heard anything about mine yet. Still waiting excitedly. :D

15. I just got a shipping notice for my Ex Machina!!!!!! :dance

:sumomo::sumomo::sumomo:

16. When did you order him? :dance
      I hope he comes swiftly and we get to see the first Boy in the wild!!!

17. January 11th
      I AM SO EXCITED :D

18. @Lady Ravenswood that's super exciting, congratulations! The Machina model looks incredible.

I ordered the Medusa head a few days ago because I had the fun money saved up. It'll probably be a while but it's still exciting.

19. @Lady Ravenswood im gonna need you and everyone else to take so many pictures :D curse my 12 month layaway! Im so excited to see this guy in (someone else's) real life

20. Yesssss pictures are gonna have to happen. Glorious blank photos. Hehe, I dunno I just love blank dolls? They look so sculptural. I think Mr. Machina would be a perfect doll for blank photos. :chocoheart

I hope other notices come soon too. :hug:

I might have actually ordered on the 10th. I got the confirmation email on the 11th. Lol.