1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DM Model Doll Film Noir Lawrence -Incredibly Offensive Pictures

Oct 19, 2008

1. The doll is great, it is artistic in its context... its the presentation that I found to be unsettling

Need to edit my comment again: You are entitled to your opinion, however; do you have children?

2. So you need to have children to be able to understand how very unlikely it is for them to end up on that particular page if they aren't actually searching for it? :)

Or do moms leave that page open on the computer all day? Cause I'm young enough to remember that I never accidently ended up on pages showing me disturbing things if I wasn't looking for it. Especially not doll pages cause those are hard enough to find when you actually know what you're looking for.

3. I have no problem with the actual doll. He's not to my taste and that's fine. However, I do have a problem with an ad copy that glorifies violence especially violence against women. Moreover, the use of a long coat and shot-gun references Columbine wether intentional or not. It's over the top an inappropriate for a public sales site.

4. I can't believe how people take this so seriously. I'm completely puzzled by the lack of humor here.
      When I saw the pictures I laughed and found them creepy and hilarious.
      The title "film noir" implies this is a movie, even if it looks more like a horror movie than a film noir. Not REAL. A movie. It's a horror movie parody and the male doll is a serial killer. And yes, he has victims because a serial killer without victims would be ridiculous.

The doll is not my taste because I find the make-up lacks quality and good finish. But the idea of a horror set doesn't bother me at all, especially during Halloween.

5. I asked if she had children simply because no-one has any right to say that a concern expressed by a parent is absurd, and as I suspected she is too young to have had children and in my personal opinion made a thoughtless comment borne of immaturity.

A warning would be a great safeguard for anyone with children around during the day, to go back and look at it when there are no impressionable minds around to frighten the life out of - if they feel inclined to do so.

The photographs to me are simply tasteless, though I dont have to look at them do I and kudos to those who chose to do so its not something I would hold against anyone. Though I object strongly to being told I have no right to feel this way. I'm not objecting to anyone who does want to look at them at all....

While the subject matter may be seasonaly appropriate, the execution was lacking IMO....

edit: The child I was refering to would be searching for the doll pages (she's 12 1/2).... just so you know where I was coming from in that respect :)

6. I like the pictures. I think they're really funny.

Anyways, if the pictures are 'suggesting' anything, it is suggesting that all the girl dolls had their brains blown out with the shotgun. Which of course is far better than the idea that they were all raped. :roll:

Maybe he's going to make a skin-suit of them ala 'Silence of the Lambs' and Dollmore will release a companion model girl with seam lines all over her body.

7. Sh**ing myself Laughing... I saw you lurking at the bottom of the thread and just KNEW you couldnt resist!! ROFL

Damn you to heck!!! LMAO

*I still want a gore warning though - and next person who belittles a parent on this forum is going to get the worst resin yellowing JuJu you can imagine*

8. I have seen lots of commercials on TV for horror movies with a lot more horror and victimization of women. Oh, and lots of gore and implied violence in them too. These photos play off of the usual horror movie tropes, but they are obviously dolls. There is no fake blood all over the 'victims'. They could be mannequins as much as they could be people. As for kids seeing them, why would they be on the Dollmore site? Trust me there are a lot worse things on the internet that kids can find much easier. My daughter, who is almost 15, was able to immediately put the photos within the context of the horror genre. She doesn't really watch horror films but she knew that they were the obvious inspiration.

add: I mentioned this thread to my daughter and when she heard the suggestion that the photos were too graphic for children 16 and under, she rolled her eyes. I know of 12 year old girls having sleep-overs with horror films being shown. Whether that is appropriate I think could be called into question, but really, kids are completely aware of the content of Horror films. Also, from the standpoint of 'tackiness' isn't Halloween a celebration of such tackiness? Blood, gore, fangs, violence, dead stuff, undead stuff (like that Lawrence- he's obviously 'undead'). Also it looks more like Lawrence shot himself!

9. If you go at it like that ALL dollsites and forums should have a big fat warning with all those doll tits peen shots popping up out of nowhere. I personally wouldn't be looking at dollsites with kids around anyway because I KNOW there will be stuff on there I might not want kids to see. This particular doll in my opinion is alot less frightening and freaky than some stuff I see people post here.

No one is telling you you're not allowed to feel this way, but by implying that our opinions are less relevant simply because we have no kids you're telling us we are not allowed to feel the way we do.

Edit: At 12 years old you should just explain to her what is going on. They're not quite that impressionable anmore at that age.

10. I agree with Algesiras. I think Dollmore meant for this to depict a horror movie portrayed by dolls. I don't personally care for horror movies, but I understand the look they were going for. (Shrugs) I think it's pretty campy and do not take it seriously. I also do not show bjd websites to my small grandchildren, for what it's worth, because lots of doll photos are not really suitable for children.

11. Wow. Just...wow. Good to know some of you are sane and not having fits of outbiiiiiirk!!

First, yes...different culture. I don't think the rest of the world should have to bend to the American puritanical viewpoint.

Second, the whole 'kid says Michael Myers is her boyfriend but this doll is scary oh noes!!' is ridiculous. Has she watched the movie? Did she get coached to say this? I mean...seriously.

Third, you people and your kids are ruining the internet for the rest of us. I highly doubt your 11 year old cried and if he did you might want to have a talk with him about the realities of life in the real world and the differences of make believe and for real. If all you mothers had your way our internet would be more censored than China's or Iran's. Nope, not a mother myself...but having cared for a little girl for 12 years that feels like my baby sister...I'm fairly confident in how I would react were this my kid. Then again I also wouldn't rely on a 'Net nanny' either. But me and her mom let her watch things like Interview with a Vampire at four and never said 'OMG naked boobies is a bad thing no look!!1!' Guess what...she's 17, has a boyfriend and is committed to being a virgin awhile longer because she knows the consequences and risks.

Quit being so hypocritical DoA. Grimm and Naomi for example is a 'awww how sweet relationship' but you Outbirk! over the size of the dolls here? Here he's raping young girls but in other 60/40 romances it's sweet?

Anyway, basically, stop saving the children. I don't care about your children. They're yours to raise, not mine, not the interwebs, not society. Key word. Yours. If some mother lets her kid browse the internet by itself, then that's her fault if the kid sees something it shouldn't. If you open a link and it scares your kid that's not the companies fault. It's so very American to blame everyone else and coddle everyone else and I find that sickening. Quit bringing your social issues into the hobby.

And PS, that doll is dog ugly. There is no good technique that went into the execution (haha!) of that faceup.

12. Oohhh...love that. What an interesting idea.....

Film Noir. Film. Movie. Make Believe. Not Real. Pretend.

Love the shotgun. I want one for my dolls.

Yes, I have children. He will laugh at this, because he adores horror flicks. Or else complain about the faceup on the doll

13. The doll and the photos are scary!
      However I've to say the make-up is quite unique, it's the first time that I see such make-up on a doll.

14. I did say that I had no issue with anyone liking the content at all, if you look back to where my soap box rant started you'll see it is all in good humour and sharing of ideas, not to make anyone feel like an alien with two heads as I did after the 'absurd' comment...

Though as you put it, peen and tits are natural, loooots of blood on a wall and a bullet hole in the forehead kinda isnt...

I'm Laughing my ass off at the moment because Kurosakura brings me undone with some of the most random comments... so yeah I'm having difficulty concentrating on why I was so mad to start with....

I stand by my original thoght which is that a small warning would be a great idea, and if they dont want to no-worries, I'm pretty sure its going to spread around pretty fast with all my ranting and raving anyways ;)

15. I really don't find this offensive or unsettling.

It's a doll.

16. Sweetheart, I'm an Australian.....

And yes... It is dog-Ugly, but under the goop anice sculpt I think...

Could you be any more abrasive if you tried I wonder...?

17. If I did, would you be suprised?

Um, what? Too young to have children? Do you know my age? I could have two running about and another in the oven for all you know.

I'm getting pretty sick of the opinion that people need to actually have children to have a mature opinion.

18. What does having children have to do with it? Just because you can drop another mewling cabbage into the world, that makes you have a more valid opinion?
      What about people who have lived just as long as you and chose NOT to have kids, is their opinion bunk?

Also, why would you be letting your kids onto dollmore anyway? Are you planning on buying one of the model dolls for a child?

19. THIS. daniblue, please marry me. We can have children, and protect them from teh evil internets!

20. I'm not saying being shot is natural, but I do think that the way censorship is handled violence is made to look way more acceptable than nudity. Tv shows are full of murder and violence and that's apparently okay to show on daytime tv, but godforbid someone shows a nipple.

So whatever weird idea of protecting the kids people are going by, it's already been compromised by censorship ages ago.