1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do all your dolls "go together?"

Aug 7, 2019

1. I like to have dolls of the same scale be cohesive. So my SDs are of the same general style and look good with each other. I do have a single fantasy tiny, but now I want any future tinies to look good with her. It helps restrict purchases.

As for clothes, well, they tend towards things I like. I don't have many, but I like mori, casual, street fashion, and historical. And if one is wearing mori while the other is in jeans, oh well.

2. Yeah! My group's all from the same story and half of them are the same sculpt besides. Since I like 1/4 scale better I only have one SD as an adult and the rest are children. I definitely like that they all look good together.

3. I drove myself crazy trying to be 100% anime accurate with my 1/4th Outlaw Star character crew, (Suzuka is supposed to be taller than Gene for example) but I decided it'll never be, just do my best and enjoy them. I stuck with Angel of Dream for most of them. I didn't intend to get any other size (or company) until I saw a B&G Sharron was perfect for Jim! (He's single jointed most everyone else is double jointed). Then my cat got sick and I found a 1/6th Dearmine Pet Debon I bought in memory of Casper after he passed. I branched out, found all kinds of "aliens" (1/4th and under) for the crew. Some Dollzone are taller than the AoD's, Minifee and Dollshe are shorter, 5StarDoll is smaller etc. I have a She's a Dragon in blue skin, smaller, thinner. Impldoll is almost the same height/size.

I wanted most of them to be able to share clothes/shoes/wigs originally but they all have their own styles, preferences and personalities. As a group they vary (unless maybe I do particular company or sized groups or something?) It used to bother me a little aesthetically that they weren't all the same size/height etc. but I'm embracing having more variety. The AoD's with minifee is a weird difference, but just like IRL people are different.

I'll probably never get 1/3rd (was the original idea but went with 1/4 and love it, especially aliens lately!) but you never know! For now, I'm enjoying the 1/4th & under crew. (I don't have any "tiny's" really just short 1/4 tall 1/6).

4. I have two sets of BJD's, and the two sets don't mix together. I do like the dolls to fit in one of the two sets. They are all human. I just like the human dolls.

One set is the larger SD sized dolls. They are even in a different place in my room, they all go with each other, but don't really have any props or anything to go with them. I take them down for pictures, then they go back on display. Their clothes are all urban fashion, so blend well with each other.

My MSD, YOSD, and Tiny dolls all go together. They have furniture, props, their own diorama space with furniture. I can make happy friend and family settings with them. They all wear everyday modern clothes. Even when they dress up it is modern era clothing. They fit together well, as siblings, and as friends. They have an entire house worth of doll sized furniture and a lot of props. They all look as if they belong together.

5. I love so many different types of dolls and art styles; it's hard to stick to one thing. However, I've bounced all around with doll collections and for my BJDs. I intended for my two girls now to be sisters, but even though they are the same height, they aren't close enough in proportions as I had imagined..so they are good friends now. Their fashion styles are similar, so they get away with looking pretty cute together.

I really want to keep all of my collection the same height, with varying skin tones and hair..Something more cohesive. So for now, I want to collect all my favorites from one company, before I start scouting out other companies.

6. I literally just died of all the cuteness <3 <3 <3

7. Stylistically, my dolls are all very cohesive. That's probably because I do the faceups and most of the eyes, and I'm not really a "fashion" person so they all wear similar clothing. Lots of black.

I also have a lot of dolls from the same/sister companies (DC/DZ/DV make up like 80% of my collection) so most of the sculpts just work together.

Buuuuut some of my dolls (especially among the 1/3 scale) have major proportion issues that make them look totally bizarre next to all the others. Also, my Obitsu is a complete outlier both in scale and style. I generally don't try to have a cohesive crew, I just get the dolls I like...

8. I’m so glad you like my dolls!♥️ Thank you!

9. Mostly, yes. Except for 3 of my dolls, all are in the SD or 1/3 range, kind of in the middle between realistic or super stylized, human, in human skin tones and fit together in the same story, though some are closer than others in character.

Of my three that don't fit, two are tiny anthros and one is 1/4 scale. I bought one of the anthros because she was too cute to resist, one was a prize from a contest and the 1/4 boy was my first doll whom I can't stand to consider selling even if he's not at all what I want in a doll now. I doubt I'll buy any other outcasts, but if I were to win one in a contest or receive one as a gift, I could change my plans.

10. No, they don’t go together size wise. I like them like that. It makes them seem more other worldly to me.

11. I am the type of person who needs thing to “go together”. I will probably only ever have one size because of this. My doll has a cracked faceup and I’m scared to get her a new one in fear that my next dolls will not be able to go to the same artist for whatever reason and they will not go together.

12. Well....it's all dependent on which particular character group I'm shelling for. I like to keep each OC within a specific storyline in proportion with one another, as well as style (realistic, stylistic, or in-between) for consistency purposes.

In general though, I don't need all of the bjds in my collection to be size or style consistent. As my motto suggests—variety is the spice of lifeI prefer to have some diversity within my resin crew. My OCs in particular have a range of varying aesthetics—from gothic glamour, tomboy, and business savvy, to playful, reserved, spiritual or sassy. My SDs in general are an eclectic bunch—varying greatly in color, shape and size depending on the character. I allow even more variety in style and aesthetic with my MSDs—one's realistic, another's Fairyland stylized, and the third's an anthro catgirl. I'm not as focused on building a storyline with MSDs, so it can really be anything goes for whatever I'll collect in that size.

As long as the incoming resin fits with the character I've got plans for—that's all that matters :3nodding:

13. Mine don’t. I have mainly SDs, who are my novel characters (plus some minimees), and they’re in scale. Then I have YoSDs (& one msd) who represent kids, so they fit in scale too. But I’ve ordered a couple of fashion size dolls, and I also have some 1/6 scale adults, so they don’t fit in together in scale.

Sculpt wise, I lean to more realistic but there’s some stylised ones too. I think the younger characters are more stylised. I don’t go as far as anime style dolls. Aside from some characters that aren’t mine (Loki, Thranduil) they all stick to relatively modern, casual clothes and natural face-ups as those fit the characters best.

This isn’t a set thing though: I’m in no way against the odd random, and do have some I bought just because I liked them, or even because they came free. I might but anything in the future, I’m not particularly set on anything much, except that my novel characters & probably the minimees will stay in SD size.

Most of them have faceups by me, so I’m guessing they’re near enough consistent.

14. My dolls all match in size, but I can't quite say why I chose to do that since apart from a few couples they all inhabit different stories and universes. I suppose there's something about the visual harmony that really appeals to me, and of course the ability to share clothes, wigs, eyes, props and so on between them. They've got a lot more variety in their styling, though there's still a certain similarity due to making a lot of their stuff myself. So far I have not been tempted to buy a doll in a different scale... of course anything's possible!

15. Most of my dolls have similar face aesthetic and they might be able to "go together", but because of the bodies I don't like the combination; so there are different groups of dolls that "officialy" "go together". :) I'm that crazy, hahaha.

16. Yes and no. My entire collection varies, but I like to have little groups. So that some can be paired and share clothes/wigs etc with each other, but they are different styles of dolls.

17. My collection started out that way, but branched out a bit. Most of the MSD-sized dolls have a similar aesthetic and are in the same storyline. My Dollfie Dreams are completely separate, and my SD's are also separate. I have a couple of odd dolls out that do their own thing. I rarely bring out more than a few dolls out at a time, though.

18. Most of my dolls go together but I do have one that isn't apart of their overall story. That one I got just for purely aesthetics!

19. I am on the fence about this very question. Right now, I own a LUTS kid delf and a LUTS senior delf and they are quite the size difference! Originally, my SD doll was not a part of the story and purchased purely for my love of dolls and the fashion style I eventually want him to have. However, I do think he can be a distant character in my story, just not pictured in any photos with the dolls I plan to have (who will all be proportioned in size to each other)

20. When I first got into the hobby I was open for anything and bought 2 dolls that were totally different. Now that I have been in the hobby longer and seen a lot more, I realized I do gravitate towards a certain kind of aesthetic (Large dolls, masculine, half lid eyes ect.). Though when it comes to clothes/faceups I don't mind breaking that aesthetic and trying something new! SO I guess for me it's more about the sculpt!