1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it? - Part 2

Jun 4, 2016

1. My first doll was a cheaper/easier to get substitute sculpt Doll Family-H Xiangyi (bought in 2010/11) as it seemed impossible to get the doll I wanted to start the hobby with, a discontinued Luts Delf Breakaway (Bloody Valentine 2008).
      He did have sentimental value to me and he was a cutie, but I did end up selling the Xiangyi in the end to fund new dolls.

(Also, I did manage to become the owner of a Breakaway four years in to collecting >w< kyaa~)

2. I've kept my first doll. I hope that I wont have to sell any of my dolls because I love them so much! But my very first is staying with me~ ´͈ ᵕ `͈

3. I separated her from her body, opened her eyes, and changed her to a boy! and I'm getting a leekeworld art body for him, and I think he's gonna be sticking around for a lot longer

4. Which is/are my 1st doll?

The pair I ordered 1st from an authentic online shop?
      Or
      The one that arrived 1st to me 2nd hand from DOA which I bought while waiting for the new pair to arrive?

I'm guessing the one that arrived 1st?

If that is right, my SOOM teenie Yrie is my 1st doll and she is still sitting in my house! She has been with me since early 2010. Recently modded her to an angel and I love her very much. I probably will never sell her.

If the pair should be considered my 1st, the pair of MSDs from Dream of Dolls (also since 2010) are no longer with me. Recently rehomed them to fund for my very first SD. This pair were the ones that took me 2 years to finally decide to jump into the BJD community.

But Soom Yrie took the spotlight to be the 1st to arrive and she is still standing strong in my resin crew.

5. I'm pondering about selling my first doll right now :( I just was never able to bond with him, plus I'm saving up for another. It makes me feel SO bad that I wasn't even able to bond with my first doll :/

6. I still have my first doll, and I have no intention of selling him.
      He's a Dollzone Mo and I still think he's awesome! :)

7. I sold my first doll. I made the mistake of settling when I really wanted a specific doll, and while he was nice it just wasn't what I wanted. Then I sent him off for a faceup and he came back looking so dramatic and unlike what I'd imagined I was just unhappy. So I sold him.

I figure if I'm not enjoying a doll or clicking with it it's time to go. I've owned tons of dolls I feel like, but right now I only have three.

8. I bought mine because I was absolutely in love with him, but I got him off the MP here and he came with some issues that left a really bad taste in my mouth, so I put him away for literal years and had nothing to do with the hobby. Recently, though, I'm back into it. I'll never sell him even though he has some bad memories associated with him. :)

9. I definitely plan to keep my first. She sits next to me on my desk, so when I'm working on doll clothes she's right there to try on whatever I'm working on.

10. It took me forever to decide to let my first BJD go. I even tried to keep the bond by commissioning a new face up for her. I was blown away with her new look but it wasn't enough to turn me around. So I was able to trade her for a slimmer doll that I love and who poses like a jewel. My aesthetic continues to change and beautiful new dolls continue to be created from around the world so I think I'll have a fluid collection. I love having dolls from different countries!

11. My 1st BJD boy was a dream but he was sold as my taste changed & now look for the "model" male look for my BJDs

12. I got my loong soul hao tian in 2013 and I think he will stay with me forever~ first doll is meaningful

13. Might I ask who the doll in your profile is? <3

14. Still got my first doll, a Resinsoul Song >3< (Though I sold his old single jointed body for a DJ). I would never ever sell him too (he's so special to me). After two years, Chaos is still my one and only favorite doll <3

15. My first doll ordered and the first doll that arrived are both dolls that I will never be able to let go. They have changed character through the years but I have not been able to let go of the actual dolls. I have some nostalgic value to me so I don't think I'll ever be able to let them go.

16. Never, ever! Even if I quit the hobby, she will stay with me. Even if she has been through failed makeups, wig staining, whatever. She's too precious to me, I got her during a rough time and getting into this hobby helped me get through it, so she will stay with me, and I know she will remind me that everything gets better.

17. Technically I still own my first doll. Due to health and financial issues I was selling most of my dolls and she was up for sale but being a MSD Resinsoul I know I wouldn't get a lot for her. My daughter met a teenage girl that was having a lot of emotional problems and after she saw my Doll she fell in love with her. My daughter asked if I would consider selling it cheaply to her so she could give it to her friend. Of course I agreed because I wanted Leona (my doll) to go to someone who would love her. Unfortunately her friend moved away, with no way of getting in touch with her, before we could give her the doll so, yes I still own her.

18. My best friend bought me my first doll. I'll never sell her. My bestie HATES dolls. That she'd actually buy me a DOLL showed a lot of love and care and selling Emily would be throwing that in her face.

19. I've been changing my doll plans a lot and noticed that my first doll don't fit that much to the story anymore -- but I'll still keep her and probably never gonna sell her. She'll get old with me.. and get yellow with me :'D
      She's very dear to me.

20. I actually very recently started selling a lot of my dolls as I desperately needed money. The only one I never even considered selling was my DZ Megi, who was my first doll. He's yellowed and scratched up from a fall a few years ago I could never afford to get repaired, but he's my boy.

He's not going anywhere.

I entirely get why people could though, and honestly if my first had been some expensive limited doll from soom or volks (I love my volks dolls but I ended up selling most) then it might've been a harder decision. But i wouldn't have gotten a lot for Brodie and so the sentimental worth of him so far outweighed the monetary worth it wasn't even thought about.